Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #31  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

BOnnie: I have sometimes had a toe or the sole of my foot get numb especially on a treadmill or elliptical. Could just be the way the foot fits in the shoe. Do make sure you are taking enough b vitamins, as these feed our nerves.

Going out for a dog walk now that the rain has stopped. Grocery shopping and gardening are on the agenda for the rest of the day.
Happy Sunday friends
Old 08-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #32  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

I have started taking multivitamin and some fish oil caps so I will see Have to go see dr tomorrow and get a check up wish me luck
Old 08-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #33  
Madeleine

Reporting in: I walked 35 minutes with the dog, and also weeded in the garden for an hour. Did laundry too, and have eaten reasonably all day. Am enjoying having DH home. Feel on track.

Good luck BOnnie: Good for you, put yourself first for a least a part of each day.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #34  
Bonnie

I went out side today and I mowed the back yard and help so some things and my legs started hurting and I got soooo tired I came in and took my sugar it was 77 so I called it a day and took a shower and fixed me some dinner. Off to the Dr in the Am will let you all know how things go.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Friends!

I woke up this morning and forgot to test. I haven't done that in a long time. I had a great weekend camping with my ds and dgs. Just the 3 of us - I sure enjoyed the family time. I may have said this before (sorry) but the camper makes it so easy - 35 minutes after we pulled in the driveway, everything was cleaned, stowed and ready for the next trip. Lovely.

Today I head for Sidney, Mt on the edge of the Bakken Oil fields for a business trip. I am going there to consult with a facility. I will have wifi so I will check in tomorrow

Bonnie, I am overjoyed to see you hear again. I am thinking good thoughts about your appointment today. I am a little confused by parents who need so many days off from their kids. As I recall, when my kids were little - days away from them were rare.

Mad, your day of activity sounds lovely! It is nice to have you back online.

Ruth, Carol and others.... Have a great day.

Rie

Old 08-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #36  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Bonnie, do elt us know what the Doc says about toe. I used to ahve that problem but it seems to have disappeared.

I have been forgetting to test my FBGL these days - guess I should get back at it. It seemed to stay perfectly stable for so long that I got out of the habit.

Sheesh! A week ago I was 182 and today I'm back at 186. I wonder if having popcorn for dinner last night might be the culprit? I still have a fair amount of ankle swelling but I suspect being sightly off program may be the cause. Too much family and celebrations the past week!

Anyhow I did go to the gym this morning, the first time in a whole month - and it actually felt pretty good. I may re-instate my ticker as an incentive to stay on track and also check the FBGL.

Mad - you've inspired em. I'm going outside to work for an hour before lunch.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #37  
Bonnie

Well Dr visit was good as expected they are gonna send me to a Podiatrist for my feet they don't know why I am having the numbness in my toes. Then my A1c was 5.7 but he said that my Trg and LdL is high and that I need to limit the fried food I told him I never fry foods and he said then I need to elimate some of the carbs I am eating. If they don't improve then I am gonna have to be put on more meds. So He chewed me out for not eating like I should be and not working out so I will have to get on that.... But I am doing good..

Question does anyone take cinnamon?? Do you think it works??
Old 08-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Knee is soooo much better today. I talked to my sister last night and she said when she hurt her knee they told her to stay off of it for 2 weeks. She said, "You are doing everything the doctor would tell you to do."

Y'all know that I do more of Intuitive Eating. Well, I've been drinking Atkins shakes and eating one tv dinner since I've been staying off the leg. Well, for 2 day now I've been craving "protein". Can you believe it? I got up this morning and cooked a bunch of chicken legs, thighs and wing and a couple of country style ribs. I've got fish and shrimp to eat too. So I guess I'm doing induction without even really trying. My body just seems to be craving it.

Bonnie A year ago, I did Atkins and got all my numbers normal and then I decided that I wanted to eat more carbs. Now here I am starting over.

Rie, Ruthie, Mad and others

Have a great day everybody!!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:35 PM   #39  
Madeleine

Had a busy work day, ate ok, but maybe too much? we will see. Got to hot yoga for 90 minutes so am happy. Really must get more active again.
Ruth: I haven't been testing much either. Am going to be making a dr appt. about my meds. I have been having a lot of heart palpatations this week, want to have my meds checked over. Will also talk to the pharmacy. This is new, and I am on the same meds, no recent changes.
Off to bed, have been sleeping much better with DH home.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #40  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Decided to get back into the testing habit and found out my meter isn't working.

For once I have a day with nothing on the schedule. It's going to be a "me" day that will start off with a soak in the tub. Then I plan to make a 3 bean salad and start a beef stew to have when the "kids" get here next month. I'll freeze the cooked meat and add veggies later.

Last night I BBQed some marinated pork skewers and had them with green beans and tomatoes. Guess the marinade was way too salty because the weight didn't budge overnight. The leftover pork will go into a stir-fry tonight with limited soy sauce. When you cut salt from your diet it really affects you when you do have some!

I am edging towards Atkins or some other lower carb plan. There seems to be too much bread in my life! The bread we sell at the Mill is great healthy stuff but very dense. One very thin slice is 2 oz and the loaves are very small in diameter.

On with a healthy day.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #41  

Ruthie Enjoy your "me" day.

I really don't want to do a strict low carb for very long but I think I've got my incentive as I'm losing weight... lost 2 more lbs. I am so excited to be losing again. So I'm thinking of doing this the way I read that Dana Carpander(sp) did in her book. Just low carb most of the time with the idea of having special occasions when she had a planned eating off day. She had special holidays etc that she knew she was going to eat carbs.
Back in 2003, I lost almot 67 lbs on the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet. So I know that I can throw in a carb meal once in a while and still lose weight. The key for me is to make it one meal and not a whole day of eating carbs.
Knee is so much better that I'm using a cane instead of the walker today. I hope to be able to get back to normal by this weekend. This is good since the kids start back to school next week. So it will be Jaxx and me. Actually, I'm looking forward to it.

Bonnie, Rie, Mad and everyone else

Catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #42  
Bonnie

Jan 23 2012 13 AUG 2012
TC 207 191
Hdl 43 38
Trg 187 198
LDL 127 113
Non Hdl 164 152
Tc/Hdl 4.8 5.0

A1c 5.7 5.7

These are my test results I do see where I improved on some and then I need to Improve on the others. Well Today has gone good have been on plan today have only eaten what I should I am gonna work out after dinner I am on my way to cook me some veggies and chicken. But things are going good today...
Old 08-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #43  

Quick flyby just to check in. Hope everyone has a nice day today. My sweet hubby is going to get me out of the house today. I think I mentioned that we still have all the medical equipment that his Mother had to have so he said would take the wheelchair just in case I need it. I'm going to use the cane and we will go out to eat and then I can use the store riding cart and do some shopping.

Have a good day.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #44  
Bonnie

Today is going good. Food is great I walked a mile last night and I did 4 miles watp this morning so doing good already have dinner ready left over chicken with squash and zuchnni all is good I hope all is well with everyone...
Old 08-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #45  

Did good with my eating. We went to Steak 'n Shake and I ate a burger and ate only a few bites of the fries. Just didn't want them. I always drink water with lemon and I take my own Stevia to add to it. Did okay with the walking although my knee did hurt some at the restaurant. I think my knee doesn't like walking on concrete. Used the handicap riding cart at Walmart. Dear sweet hubby goes in to get one and rides it out to the car for me to use from the car and then he has me use it to go to the car and he rides it back inside. Was really good to get out. Tomorrow I try going out on my own. Will try to park between the nail salon and beauty salon as close as possible. There is one business between them and I'll be sitting most of the time so don't think there will be a problem. I'm really pleased with how my day has gone so far.

Bonnie So glad you are having a good day. I always loved my WATP exercise.
Closed Thread