Eat To Live

• I am a type 1 diabetic and have really been cleaning up my diet. My husband and I are making some life style changes and have seen good results. I have read the Eat To Live book a couple of times over the last couple of years but have never really done the plan. He suggest you eat only fruit for breakfast and says for a diabetic it should be fine and on days I have only had fruit for breakfast I felt great. I'm just not sure if it is a good idea long term. Has anyone done this plan, and if so what did you think?
    Thanks!
  • This sounds like a book I saw called diet for life, and I am not sure about it for diabetics. How is your bs 2 hrs after eating? have you had to adjust insulin? Does the book make any allowances for the different responses for type 1 or 2 diabetics? It may also depend on the type of fruit. (ie Bananas are starchier and may be more of a problem than melon)
  • Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. We went on a two week vacation and I am just now catching up. My bs seem to do fine if I have 5 or 6 strawberries and a bowl of blueberries and or banana. I just wasn't sure if it was wrong not to have some form of protein with it. I will say when I only eat fruit for breakfast my stomach feels better and even seems flatter (probably because I'm not bloated. I also, didn't know if it would stall weight loss due to the sugar content of the fruit.
  • For sure, you should go with some consultant advice. While in diseases like diabetes, we should be careful to use the stuff which normal people can use without any guidance or consultation. Books are good and you can read it for your information but for specifically diabetes, get some advice.
  • Actually to live the better life and to live for more years we need to change our eating style and everything need to be changed in terms of eating food.I never read that book but i heard that that book is very useful for some one who is suffering from diabetic problems.My uncle has same problem and he referred that book and he said to me about that book and also said its very helpful for him.