Old 07-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #16  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Did you know what your glucose was before losing weight? I wonder if it was much higher. I went from 111 last year to 72 this year after about 50lbs.

I would definitely have your levels checked after a couple of months or so, especially after losing more weight. When I saw that 111 I got scared, just like you are now. Don't worry, it's just borderline, and if you keep up with your healthy choices, I bet it finally goes down.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #17  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks guys! I asked about the A1C and she told me I'd need to be tested again for it, I guess since they weren't initially concerned about my glucose levels. I'll be scheduling another blood test for November as requested by the doctor.

I don't know my previous numbers at all, but I definitely had suspicious symptoms between my highest weight of 360 on down to about when I hit 260-270 (once again, I had no insurance and little money throughout most of that era of my life, so I didn't visit the doctor outside absolute emergencies). I haven't experienced those symptoms for about 3 years now (about when I first gave up regular soda this time around), and have made excellent progress with my health since March when I decided I really needed to buckle down again and take better care of myself.

I imagine my numbers were pretty bad at my highest, but I have no way of knowing for sure. I just know that I was absolutely miserable. I had horrible mood swings, overactive bladder (remember the "gotta go" commercials?), was always dying of thirst, and would often get sores/cuts that took ages to heal. Plus there was a lot going on in my personal life that invaded every little aspect of day-to-day living. My asthma was also pretty bad back then, and I had trouble even standing for any length of time since my legs ached horribly, I imagine from all the excess weight I was carrying.

I occasionally wonder how badly I damaged my body back then, but there's no use worrying about that now. All I can do is move forward in the best way I know how, and hope that I can continue to heal my body.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote