Old 07-02-2012, 06:06 AM   #1  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default its July

Good morning friends and welcome to July!

fbs at an even 5 this am. Am up early, got to sleep ok about 11 or so, but by 510 I was awake and no getting back to sleep. Hope that means I can sleep tonight ok. Will not have any alcohol today, and see if that helps. Had a few beers at the neighbourhood Canada cottage potluck. a good time, and some young kids there made for some fun. Hope I get to bring a grandbaby next year!

Am lowering carbs and ramping up protein with today's breakfast, greek yogurt and raspberries with fibre 1. I did well with carbs yesterday (except for the beer) so will redouble the effort today.

Have a great day friends
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all.

Welcome to July! Mad, thanks for the new thread. Fbs at 82 this morning and I did 50 minutes of walkitout. Today is a busy work day and then I need to get the camper outfitted over the next couple of days. I am having an endoscopy on thursday.

Mad, I am glad that you enjoyed the party. Was is Canada Day? Next year will be so much fun with a grandbaby. I can't drink beer because I think I am allergic to the hops or something? I get VERY intoxicated on just a beer or two when I have normal tolerance for other spirits. I am also sick for a couple of days if I indulge in beer. Good job on the carbs. (stick to wine - it makes my bs drop! )

Bonnie, I am sorry that you are under so much stress. Hopefully, it will ease up soon. We are here to support you whenever you can get here.

Trish, Rennie and others.... Have a great day!

Rie
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Bonnie - Happy belated anniversary to you and your DH. Sorry to hear about your Aunt and hope she will be able to get better. Boy hasn't our heat been horrible this past few days? However, when I felt really bad, I just thanked God for our AC although it never got it down a lot, it made me remember to pray for those who are without electricity causing them to have no AC. I do hope they get their electricity back on very soon.

Mad - Although I'm not eating Atkins, I have cut back on the carbs and upped the protein as well.

Hope everyone is able to stay cool and have a good day.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #4  
Madeleine

did well all day, but this evening am getting the cravings. I am going to take my evening meds and try going to bed. BTW, does anyone find chromium picolinate is helpful with sweet/carb cravings? I took some today, in hopes it would help me stick to plan, but i am finding it difficult now.
hope to sleep ALL night, not just until 5 again.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:05 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, it certainly IS July! I'm back from a decadent four day weekend in NJ where it was as hot as it still is here. We coped though. PTL for air conditioning and electricity to run it.

I certainly did not watch what I ate over the weekend but was amazed to see 184 this morning. I am out of diuretics until I see my doc but certainly had a lot of potty trips yesterday so my body may have given up its camel act. FBGL has been 3.7 to 4.3 the whole time despite several decadent indulgences.

I closed the June thread and must go back and catch up on reading. Thanks for cranking up July for us, Mad.

Have a lovely day and stay cool.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #6  

Good morning friends!

fbs at 84 and I did 35 minutes of walkitout this morning. It is a beautiful but HOT day here and I have a busy day ahead of me.

Ruth, I am so glad that you had good numbers and I am thrilled that you had decadent indulgences. Yay!

Bonnie, I hope things are good with you.

Trish, what are you doing tomorrow?

Mad, are you still at the cabin? I took cinnamon/chromium from walmart for a while. I didn't think it helped much but others swear by it. I stopped because I felt the cinnamon hurt my stomach.

Rie
Old 07-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #7  

Hello Chickies

Ruthie Good to see you back safely and your body dealing with the fluid better.

Rie I have no plans for tomorrow not even the Y because it closed tomorrow. I also didn't go today. I was invited to do something with a friend, but at the moment I plan to try to stay in and stay cool. Everyone is home tomorrow and DD is home the rest of the week. I sure hope they will try to keep things closed up like I've begged and begged them to do around here especially since I got the newest Electric/Water bill and it went from $323 last month to $418 this month. No matter how much you tell them they don't seem to care that our utility bills are running more than double what they were before they moved in.

I've tried talking to them with minimum to little helpful results so I wrote something on Facebook about the bill. MY DIL was concerned and asked me why. I explained without going into too much detail. DD didn't like the conversation between my DIL and me. But you know what? I don't care any more. Either way this goes for me, I will come out of it ok. Here we sit paying all these bills, her hubby works 1 or 2 days a week which I suspect that he gets suspended and may be trying to get fired. It is my understanding that he is supposed to shave and keep his hair cut and he looks like a wild man. I think it scares some of their customers or he smarts off at them and then he gets suspended. I know that is what happened before. They go out and buy junk and he is planning a flight trip to FL he said for a wedding and she said for his grandfathers ninty something birthday so not sure who is telling the truth. Supposedly his Mother is paying for that. I'm sure he is saving money for that. Then last night he put on FB bragging to some friends that he just bought a subscription for an internet sports station so he can watch the Mets.

I'm sorry if I'm being picky, but they can't or won't help pay any of the utilities; this is his 2nd or 3rd trip to fly to FL since they moved here a year ago and when he is home... other than taking care of the baby, he sits on his butt while Tony does the lawn and they all set on their butts while I do all the housework. I've heard them all make wise cracks about having to clean up their dishes like they shouldn't have to do it... and they still don't ever bother to bring dirty dishes downstairs.

I told DH last night that I AM NOT GOING TO BABYSIT when school starts. The state will help her with it because she is a student and he is in the system with his special problems. I'm just not going to sacrifice any more. I told him that she lied to move here and then he said "And she is still lieing". I told him how the money is and he said "What do you want me to do?" I told him that I didn't care what he does because we don't the money to pay the bills. If this bill is up almost $100 this month from last month then next by September it will be $600. I asked him how he is going to buy his medicine when he runs out of money?" Then he said, "What are you going to say when she says 'we don't have any money?'" I said, "I'll say 'Well, you have a problem because we don't have any money either'". He said, "What are they going to do?" I said, "What are we going to do? If you are willing to lose everything, then I guess we will lose it. It is your choice not mine. You decide." Then I got up, walked out of the room and went to bed leaving the ball is in his court. I am through with the whole thing.

Y'all have a great day and try to stay cool. That is what I'm doing.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #8  
Madeleine

Have been sticking to plan again today. I may have some "seconds" from supper, i was waiting for about 30 minutes to see if I was really still hungry.
I was, so am eating while I type. Meatloaf and yellow wax beans. There is some oatmeal in the meatloaf so thats my carbs. I pretty much empOh tied my deep freeze and brought all the meat to the camp, and it was a rainy day, so meatloaf seemed perfect, and went down really well. Hope I can get through the evening without snacking, after having a fairly late supper.
Ruth, glad to see you back after a good time, and with a little less weight and water retention to boot.
Rie: thanks for the feedback. I had to wonder if just taking a pill helped a bit. all in my head. But anyway to get through the evening without snacking. Trish: don't know what the solution is for you and DH. It is clear that this is continuing to create stress for all of you. So sorry.
Tomorrow going to Blind River to see an aging auntie, so maybe won`t be checking in. FBs was great today, at 4.8 so no complaints. Was 5 after supper last night. so won`t test for a bit now.
Happy 4th of July to our american friends.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #9  
Madeleine

Just enjoying my morning tea before I head out. fbs 4.7 today, yippee!
slept better, unfortunately that meant sleeping in a different room than DH, but we both slept better. Will have to visit lots if that keeps up.
Happy 4th to our friends to the south, and Ruth, keep cool!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #10  

Good Morning!

fbs at 75 this morning and my weight is ticking down toward my ticker in little bits. I have a dinner with my parents tonight so I will eat sparingly and then enjoy in moderation. Tomorrow morning I have an endoscopy.

Trish I am so sad that things continue to be difficult for you. I salute you for refusing to be a built-in baby sitter. I think it sends a strong message. I am horrified at the bills that you are enduring. I hope it all works out.

Everyone else.... have a great day!

Rie

Old 07-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #11  

HAPPY 4TH AMERICAN CHICKIES HERE

DH is asleep. Oldest DGD is upstairs, the others ae gone and I'm meeting a friend to celebrate her birthday... doing a movie and maybe out to eat after.
DH told me last night he was going to talk to her and her hubby, but he hasn't had a chance to yet because he wants to do it without the children. Don't know what he plans to do or say and I don't really care to know. He is seeing a lot more things lately and he DOES NOT LIKE IT. Like my pastor told me, "Tony has to take care of it because it is his children". I hurt for DH, but I'm glad to be out of it.

Y'all have a great 4th.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:37 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Stick to your guns, Patty. You are way overdue on quitting being a doormat.

Surviving the heat well by remembering to drink lots of water. Spent yesterday in my car tootling around the Township picking up schoolwork but took water and lunch with me. As of this morning I am now in sync with my S/C/G and will re-instate my ticker when I get back into the 170s. It kills me to have some Size 12 pants that are too snug to wear comfortably.

No shortage of veggies here as my garden is producing well. I do need to get protein planned better though. When it cools off a bit, I'll do that meatloaf with the oatmeal which freezes well and is so nice cold with salad. Right now I am drying the last few quarts of strawberries for winter cereal - it's been a terrific season. My raspberries and black caps are starting now. I love a taste of summer in my winter oatmeal!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #13  
Madeleine

mmm, ruth, never thought of drying my own strawberries for winter, what a great idea.
Hope Rie's endoscopy goes well today. THINKING about you Rie
Trish, no need for you to babysit and change your life, You and DH have been letting them live there rent free, they should be responsible for their own children.
Had a lovely time visiting with my mother's cousin and her daughter yesterday, they live in Blind River, which is a two + hour drive from the camp, but a 9 hour drive from my place, so I went for the visit. Auntie, (I call her that) is getting quite confused, and we had the same conversations about 5 times while there. She is being tested for dementia at the end of the month, and I can see my cousin has a lot to deal with with her mother. Not as miserable as my own mother was though. Cousin is glad to have have someone who understands, was able to give her some support and friendly advice, which she is already acting upon. Stayed relatively on plan in spite of not being in charge of food, although my cousin is a great cook so it was hard at times.
Supper with BIL and SIL a couple of cottages down the lakeshore from ours tonight, so will watch the points and carbs today until then too.
Stay cool everyone, and stay healthy!
Old 07-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #14  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I've been back home from my travels for over a week now. Re-entry sucks!!!! Really, it's been so difficult getting back on track with diet and exercise. I realized this morning I haven't checked in with any of my support team in quite some time and maybe that's the issue with the headgame. So here I am!

I haven't tested my blood sugar since in four weeks. I'm too scared to now! I just started tracking food again. I see that my carbs are way too high and I need to get that under control again. But it's been really nice to get a break from testing.

Potatoes! Having a love affair with potatoes now. I haven't eaten this many potatoes in a very long time. Not having tons and not every day, but still, way more than I have since becoming type 2. Maybe it's because I don't have sweets or bread in the house and I'm still craving carbs after my vacation. I did eat several servings of potatoes in Scotland. They make them so delicious! And I really miss Scotland. I'd move there tomorrow if I could!

I'm doing well with the exercise and back in the routine again. I actually lost 4 lbs on my trip, but I found them (and a couple more) again during my week of celebrating potatoes. So getting back on track now. I plan to track the carbs religiously again and then, in another week, I may start tracking blood sugar again. No sense doing that now! I'll just feel disheartened all over again.

Have a great day everyone!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #15  

Kind of a quick one here for now. Not sure I will make it to Y today as DH has docs appt.

DH never got to talk to DD but he found a check on his tray from her for $150. She and I had a talk quick talk this morning. I told her about me hitting the button on FB accidently and the message going out before I got to clarify what I was saying (which I've deleted). I was upset with the situation with them, but I was really mad about the games going on in our government and probably shouldn't been spouting off any way. However, it opened the door for me to thank her for the check and told her that I really need them to start paying something to help with these high utilities. I explained to her that I a have canceled all my doc appts until fall, but her daddy can't do that and he goes into his insurance gap in August and we have to pay full price on his medications. I love them but honestly it is almost like my ex-BIL used to say..."You have to retrain them everyday". I've told her so now we will have to see how it goes.

BBL for indies.