S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Thanks for the link! Looks like fun!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:50 AM   #47  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whizzing through! Working hard, not eating perfectly, weight is up but BGL is good so I'm coping with my way too busy July!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone

fbs at 89 this morning. I fell asleep last night without my snack and didn't sleep well. I have a really busy week. Tomorrow is the 25th anniversary at my work. We are anticipating about 200 people at our barbque/open house. We are prepping most of the food today. I have a party tonight and pool league tomorrow night. I have to get the camper ready somewhere in there for a trip friday morning. Whew. It is a lot to do.

Sorry, no time for personals. I am off to meet the day. Later!

Rie
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #49  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Just lost another post, but wasn't too long, so will try again. TOday is last full day at the lake, we go home tomorrow. Weather lovely, not humid at all, but when we return home it will be very hot and humid, so will be glad for the air conditioning at home if needed to sleep.
Ruth: I thought you gave up the glyburide a while ago, after starting the victoza? The victoza seemed to work well for you, has there been a change that I missed?
So, about time share, my proposal will be to ask family members only, to put up some capital so we can build a nicer place (we use a very old mobile home) made of cedar for our camp. We don't want to share ownership, but would make plans for those who put in capital to have long term rights to time here. (like 2 weeks a year). One part is that my Dad is going to sell his house, and I was gonna ask him to put in, but possibly have that amount deducted from any inheritance I would get. (like getting it early.) I don't want to do this secretly, my sister will be there when we discuss.
My only concern would be Dad running out of money later. This is unlikely as he is careful with money, but I don't want to be seen as grabby, or taking from him. Relations are relatively good with sister, though I do much more caregiving than her, but she is doing what she is willing to do. Dad has always been clear that the money leftover will always be evenly split, and while we have encouraged him to spend our inheritance and leave nothing behind, that isn't very likely. He has a good pension and not many expenses. So, I will make the proposal next week and see what he and sister think, and decide.
So off to sit by the lake, busy busy busy!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #50  
Intuitive Eating & HAES

S/C/G: 290/244/175

Height: 5'4"

Bonnie, I probably use a 2:1 ratio of root beer to almond milk, but that’s just a rough estimate. And, Trish, I’m glad to hear that the probiotics are working. Rie, good luck on the open house! Ruth, enjoy the busy July. Mad and Georgia, my sister-in-law also uses VRBO and has been really pleased with the experience. The renters have been thoughtful and very easy to work with, and the vacation house is rarely unoccupied.

I made a couple of not-so-great choices today, but I kept portions moderate and carbs within reason ... nothing catastrophic. I’m observing what feelings tend to throw me off balance to see if a pattern emerges.

Take care, everyone.

Last edited by PartTimeHippie; 07-10-2012 at 08:49 PM.
PartTimeHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:41 AM   #51  
Come on Spring!

Mad, I kept on with the glyburide when I started the Victoza but we cut it in half when my HA1C showed "normal". Then it got cut completely after a month of super lows in FBGLs. However, the past two months of poor eating have meant a slight blip in the HA1C, so I'm back on a half tablet. Right now we are working on finding out what is causing the recurring water retention. Personally I think it's the hot weather!

Been trying to eat more mindfully these days but there are just too many food events in Village life. I never knew that Citizen of the Year meant being at every dog and pony show in the county! I'll be glad when the term is up at the end of the month. I weigh five pounds more than I did on this day last year - not good!

Guess we just have to do the best we can. Right now I'm working on cutting carbs and heading towards a modified Atkins. (Too bad I love summer fruits - and then there's corn!)
Old 07-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #52  
Madeleine

Ruth: i am doing a lower carb ww, but am enjoying fruit for sure. Fruits and most veggies are "free" and that is how I eat.
Last day at the lake, packing up to go home tonight. younger dd wants to see us, is a little homesick herself, wants her DD and DM. how nice!
tomorrow I will weigh in and see what the damage is. Oh well, had a lovely holiday. ttfn
Old 07-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Busy morning, but busy doing whatever I want to do. DSIL is off today so I'm going to the gym and then to do some shopping. Little Jaxx needs to learn to blow a whistle straw she gave him, but he isn't interested. In about 2 days everyone will hate me and I will too, but it is important for him to learn so I'm going to the Dollar Tree to see if I can get him a little flute. I think that a toy will be more appealing to him.

I want to thank all of y'all for being there for me through all this situation in my home. A few days away from them this past weekend was good for them and us... especially me. The break gave me a real breather and time to rethink things and clear my mind and decide how I want this to end for my part. I have a feeling some plans have made with their friends for their future because DGD isn't miserable since one of the boys in that family is her boyfriend. She normally would be walking around crying and acting like she did before they came because she missed him so and wanted to move back to FL. So I figure they have plans to be with them again and that is okay. I will be more surprised if they stay here in the area than I will be if they return to FL or move somewhere with their friends. However, I'm okay with that and it will give DH time to adjust to the idea.

I read the report on DGS progress since his therapy started last October andI realize that right now this baby needs me to help get him catch up to where he should be at this age so he will have a better chance of a decent life. I personally believe I was brought into this family by God to help the oldest DGS so he could reach the potential he is accomplishing now. Everyone was so centered on oldest DGS problems that no one was encouraging him. I am the one who talked to him and taught him that he could overcome those problems and that he could be what he wanted. I made a rule that he had to read at least 1 hr each day because he was playing games on the pc when was at our house. He is graduate with great honors and going to college on scholarships. Very smart young man.

I'm still not sure if some of the baby's problems were caused by lack of attention before they here and that isn't what is important now. I just believe that at this point it is my mission to work with him and give him the good attention that he needs, then he will at least have the chance to reach the same goals his big brother has if he so chooses. I've decided that it really doesn't matter how anyone else acts or responds in this situation. However, how I respond to everything is important to me. My Mama always said "Love is the key" and her Mother always said that "Right always wins". I have to believe this is true.

Love you chickies and hope we all have a Wonderful Wednesday.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #54  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hi Guys , well things here are going ok not the best I have been a banded by everyone in the house for two days they have been doing what they want and i have been here by myself I love the peace and quiet but then I find myself thinking of all kinds of things I set here last night and was crying for no reason at all. This makes the third day now I have been by myslef and I think it is getting to me . I know the kids needs to grow up. But I dont know what to do with myself.

Well I guess I will go soak with my self
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly50 View Post
Hi Guys , well things here are going ok not the best I have been a banded by everyone in the house for two days they have been doing what they want and i have been here by myself I love the peace and quiet but then I find myself thinking of all kinds of things I set here last night and was crying for no reason at all. This makes the third day now I have been by myslef and I think it is getting to me . I know the kids needs to grow up. But I dont know what to do with myself.

Well I guess I will go soak with my self
I remember that empty nest syndrome feeling. Try to think of things "Bonnie enjoys doing for Bonnie" on days like that because they don't last forever and throughout life you will have moments when you can have them, but can't. Sounds easier than it is but you will learn to use days like that as "special" days as time goes by.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #56  

Well, I can't find a way to go to the Y as often as I really want to and sometimes when I go I can't get the recumbent bike which I have come to absolutely love doing. When the kids go back to school, it will be very difficult to get there on a regular basis at the time each day that I want to go with the baby's therapy and having to pick the youngest DGD up from school. So today I talked DH into letting me get a recumbent bike for my birthday coming up next month. I ordered it today from Walmart and it is supposed to be here by next Friday. I will finish my membership at the Y this month and stop. I figure this is a good deal because the monthly membership fee I would pay in the next 4 months will actually pay for the bike and then that money will be saved to go on something else. Having it at home, I can use it everyday and I read that the benefits from using one is fantastic. I'm hoping that DH will decide to use it too.

I have weights here at the house I will use and do some of the motions I did with the machines. I am really excited about having an exercise program that I can do here at home and enjoy at the same time.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 07-12-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:57 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Friends!

It is almost 11pm here and I have been at it since early this morning. I had a successful barbeque at my work. More than 200 people in attendance and it was terrific.

My camper is loaded, hitched and ready to go. I am leaving early in the morning for the Boulder River in the Gallatin national forest. If you ever saw the movie, "a River Runs Through it" with Robert Redford, it was filmed on the Boulder. I hear the fishing isn't very good right now but that isn't important. I will be standing in the water, flicking out my fly line and hoping that a trout will rise. In the evenings, I will enjoy the campfire with my friends and some good wine. I prepared marinated chicken and it will be one of our evening meals. I am looking forward to the scent of coffee brewing in the mountains and the chance to read a book in the cool mountain air.

sorry that I don't have time for personals but I need to get to bed and head out early. Hoping for a healthy weekend and a good time for all. Back on Sunday....

Rie
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:26 AM   #58  
Come on Spring!

Rie, enjoy "getting lost in Montana". I have never been there but it's on my bucket list.

Bonnie, good advice from Patty. Take "me" time - I am just learning to do that and should have worked on it years ago.

Patty, yes! Getting the bike is a great idea and should work out well for your busy life.

Hi to the rest of us as I crank up my very early morning.

Weight is up a tad but I know it's water retention because my Crocs are tight. I am trying to drink more water in this heat but was very busy judging Fair work yesterday and didn't do it as usual. BGL is great which is the main thing.

Have a good TGIF and stay hydrated if you are in this oven of weather!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #59  
Madeleine

for my part, the weight is on a bit, officially gained 2.5 pounds after the wedding, so now its time to get it off. packing food as I go to a delivery.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #60  

Hi Chickies,

I've had a great times with DD last few days. She did a semi practice delivery of a baby at school the other day and couldn't wait to share it with DH and me. She was so excited. I had a little incident with the youngest DGD yesterday that I think changed everything. She eats soup everyday and I had just reminded her day before yesterday that she could not take it upstairs to eat. Yesterday she made a huge bowl of it and went upstairs with it. Her Mom was home so I guess she thought she could get by with it. So I called her and made her bring it back down to eat it in the dining room. While she was eating she told me "Everybody else does it and they get by with it". So I proceeded to explain to her that it may look like they get by with doing things I ask them not to do but they really don't. I told her that there are many times I see them sneak around and do things that her Grandad and I have asked them not to do and they may think they got by with it because I just don't bother to make a big deal about it because they don't listen. However, what they don't know is that they have proved to me that I cannot trust them and what they don't realize is that they have ruined their relationship with me because they have lost my trust and I will never trust them again, so they didn't get by with anything. In fact, they lost more than they know. I'm sure she told her Mom what I said, because things have really changed. Last night night DD came in to tell her daddy and me that the children's daddy had called her to tell her his wife of 2 months has left him and is getting a divorce and wanted tell her because he is telling the children Sunday. Later I was sweeping some stuff up off the dining room floor and she got the dust pan and helped me by picking it up and putting it into the trash. This morning we had coffee and spent some time together just talking... a real mother/daughter time. I really enjoyed it. She has been doing little things around the house off and on ever since I had the talk with DGD.

I got a message from Walmart and my bike has been shipped. DD wants the old upright stationary bike so she will take that one. I've got to get in my room this weekend and get things arranged so I can put the new one in the there. Since we are wall to wall, my closet will get a good cleaning out hoping I can put DH grandmothers rocker in there and then put stuff in and around it. I have a rocker I brought in from the porch that I would love to keep in there but I will probably move it to the deck for oldest DGS to sit in when he goes out for quiet meditation time. So my weekend will be spent getting exercise doing some cleaning. That will probably be much better for me and DH too because we both like things organized and our room and my closet has been anything but organized since they moved in a year ago.

Rie I never did fly fishing. DH of 31 yrs brother loved fly fishing. Looked too hard to me and like a lot of work. I did better with a regular rod and real. This DH doesn't care for fishing and the fish you catch in the pond behind us has to be thrown back so haven't fished in years. Enjoy your trip and have a lot of fun.

Ruth You are some busy lady. Take care of yourself as much as you can.

Mad It won't take you long to get those few lbs back off.

Georgia, Bonnie, Hippie and everyone else

Y'all have a nice weekend!!!