Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Happy Monday!

fbs at 87 this morning. I spent the weekend in the mountains on a camping trip with some friends. It was nice. My eating wasn't great but I did lots of moving around, wading the river and fishing so I didn't gain any weight I hope to be out next weekend, also.

I don't remember if I told you guys but I had bought a little 5th wheel camper last month. I didn't realize that I can't pull a 5th wheel with my truck unless I buy a really expensive ($2000) hitch. So, I put the camper up for sale. I sold it for $500 less than I paid. The good news is that I found a bumper pull type camper for even less money so I broke even. I hope to go pick up the new camper tonight. With the camper, I can get it loaded and go any time I want. I won't have to rely on others for the packing and unpacking of gear. Now, it will just be : load the cooler and head out on my own. I am really excited!

Trish, I am not sure from your last post what is going on. It sounds to me like they have stopped treating you like a built-in baby sitter. That is a good thing! I hope that you get to spend time with the little guy on your terms - not as an obligation.

Mad, thanks for sharing about the wedding. It must have been lovely and I bet you looked wonderful in your dress. After weddings in my family I always have a mixture of pride, love, and sincere relief that it is "over" It is a lot of pressure.

Ruth, glad that the diuretics are working and I hope that everything is going well for you.

Rennie, Bonnie, and others.... Have a great day!

Rie
Old 06-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Trish, I am not sure from your last post what is going on. It sounds to me like they have stopped treating you like a built-in baby sitter. That is a good thing! I hope that you get to spend time with the little guy on your terms - not as an obligation.
I do believe they have stopped treating me like a built-in babysitter which is very good. Now that I have taken a stand, they have to remember that DH had told them back in Jan or Feb that we are not going to be full time babysitters and it was not our job or responsibility to raise their kids. He told when the kids start arguing etc, we would send them upstairs because we were having to correct them all the time. I notice that we seem to spend a lot of time with the other 3... watch tv, movies etc with them (which the children ask to do or we make plans with them to do so), but we don't seem to get much interaction with the baby. I don't mind babysitting when they are working or even at other times if they aren't constant. I just think they should take care of him when they are home and that is what DH and I told them. However, now even when they are here, I see they have transfered from using me for fulltime babysitting to the children being fulltime babysitters. However, I'm not sure that is all bad because the oldest DGD needs to be up doing something else or sleeping all the time. I had told them in the beginning that I want to be able to enjoy being grandmother.

I really don't want to be a fulltime babysitter because I do not want that job when they do move. Don't really want it when school starts as I'm not sure how my going to the Y will fit in and hopefully by the 1st of next year I would like to start some exercising classes. I would love to get into some yoga classes. Never thought I would say it but he really needs to be put in special day care so he can learn to be around other children. So we will see how it goes. DH and I would love to have our own life back so we will be free to do things we want to do. I won't mind being a back up babysitter, I just don't want to be "the" babysitter. Then we would actually be able to do "grandparent" things with them.

So I'm not really sure what is going on either. It may not be manipulation at all. It could be that they just don't know how to do anything but extremes and need to learn how to balance things out. After all, it is because of their crazy extremes that they lost their home. Hopefully these things will work itself out in time and I hope they will come out of this situation smarter having learned from their mistakes so they can have better lives for them and their children. Guess that is why they're here. Just hope it works.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #108  

Rie 2nd hubby and I loved camping and going fishing. Hubby #3 says "been there done that". One time 2nd hubby borrowed friends camper and we took a trip. Kids and I loved it and always teased him because he was the one who got tired of it instead of us. You have loads of fun and enjoy your camper.

Truly enjoyed my workout. I added 5 min incumbent bike for a total 20 min with the cool down. I used to love reading romance books. Well, I found what is Christian romance book that has 4 stories in one. I read a chapter while riding the bike. Did all the machines, but may do 2 or 3 of them only 3 days a week. Will have to see. My fbs is coming back down. Just changed into my jeans to wear this afternoon and they are looser. So even though the weight is up this week, the inches are down. So the diet and exercise is working.

Bonnie, Ruthie, Mad, Rennie and others reading
Old 06-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #109  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hey all:
Trish, hope this lasts a while, it seems that you often have these "talks" and things are good a few days or a week, and then they can't keep it up. So stay firm!
Rie: I love this idea of you with an easy to use trailer, just load up the cooler for your trips. You are a genuine outdoors woman, and should just go with it. If it gets you out and into the world you love, enjoy!
We are heading up to the lake on Manitoulin Island tomorrow. Last full day at home. Have been doing bs again, fasting below 5.4 every day for 3 days, and hs was 6 last night. I did have a high on SUnday, (ate pie at a buffet) up in the 7s three hours after eating, and felt crummy, so did atkins induction yesterday and will again today. Not sure if thats what I will do on the island too, or will revert to low carb ww while there.
I have no plans except long walks, a little swimming, some yoga on the dock, lots of reading. Will take the internet and laptop with me, but not planning much for sure.
Also, DH is not overweight, he is one of those lanky guys, but had been getting love handles the last year or so. Between the long hours of work he was doing landscaping, (and really physical stuff) and getting overheated and not being hungry as a result, he lost 8 pounds over the last few weeks, and added muscle, I can see a 6 pack under there. DD lost weight with stress over the last few weeks of wedding planning. I am soooo jealous, and was just glad not to gain. I think our response to stress, by eating is the real downfall of us overweight people. DOn't know if I can change that, but am really gonna try.
Love to all
Old 06-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #110  

Good morning friends!

fbs at 78 this morning and I did an hour of walkitout. I feel pretty good. I was able to get the camper last night so I am looking forward to spending the evening getting it stocked. I am happy to report that I was able to hook it up, tow it, and unhook it by myself last night.

Mad, enjoy the time at the cabin. You deserve it. Yes, it seems like everyone around me loses weight due to stress and hard work. My dr says that I am like Sakajawea - the native woman who traveled with Lewis and Clark. She reportedly maintained her strength and didn't lose weight when others in the expedition suffered from lack of food. Lucky me!

Well Sorry that I don't have more time for personals today. I want to let you know that I have set a challenge for myself:

I promise that I will engage in moderate exercise at least 30 minutes per day, every day during the next month. Anyone want to join me?

Have a great day!

Rie
Old 06-27-2012, 06:07 AM   #111  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Chickies. Just checking in. BGL running fine but weight is a roller coaster these days. I am still retaining water off and on but hope to find a solution soon. Luckily it's not affecting my blood pressure - just my attitude!

I'm off to New Jersey for a decadent weekend and plan to relax and just enjoy time with friends. Laughter is good for the soul. I hope you can find some.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #112  
Madeleine

Rie and Ruth, have a great summer get-away. I will for sure. The dog loves to come to the camp, she gets to run around off leash, chase the squirrels that she can never catch, jump into the water for a bit, and generally have a good time. She sleeps so well at night! Will be drugging her for the drive and ferry ride, after our morning walk. Catch you all tomorrow, as long as we have power, I should be able to use the internet.
Hello to rennie, trish, and everyone else.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #113  

Hello everyone,

fbs at 82 this morning and I did 35 minutes of walkitout. A friend of my ds was killed in a fire yesterday. It is sad. We will not be heading to the mountains this weekend.

Ruth, enjoy your weekend getaway. Time with friends sounds lovely.

Mad, I smiled at your descriptions of your dog's enjoyment of the great outdoors. Very cute. I hope you can relax and enjoy the time.

Rennie, Trish, Bonnie and others.... Have a great day!

Rie
Old 06-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #114  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

This last week has been so awfull for me . I have not been on plan and I need to get back into it. Things here have been in a up roar and now things have calmed down and Now I have to get back and get busy... Man I hate this up and down .I have to get something going again!!! I am so miserable again !!! But I will get it togeather!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #115  

Rie - I'll join you. I will go to the gym Monday thru Friday.

Mad - I know how this bunch works and I'm trying to stay on top of things daily. Example, DGS went to colloege orientation and he was telling me I would have to figure out what I was going to do with my schedule with the baby when he goes to school. So I had to remind him that the baby, him and his family ARE NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY and that I would not be the one who would have to make other arrangements because those things are his Mothers and Richards responsibility. I told him that I may very well choose to make some different arrangements, but that I WOULD HAVE TO BE ASKED and I will see what we can work out. I told him that I DO NOT LIKE TI WHEN EVERYONE JUST ASSUMES that I am going to do what they want. It is like I have to retrain them almost everyday on some things, but I just stay on top of things and retrain where it is important. They are going to have to learn that I do have a life and it is wrapped around them. I am going to the gym Mon - Friday and work out about 20 to 45 minutes. They are going to learn that is not negotiable. I am going to meet a friend for lunch after my Friday workout. And I also think that stress can affect our weight. I remember a friend of mine who I ended up working for would buy us lunch. I ordered exactly what I wanted as she did and one day she said to me, "I don't understand how you can be overweight and I'm thin, because I always eat far more than you do". I remember one time when I was in OA and my ex-SIL found out that we always confessed, "My name is Trish and I'm a compulsive overeater". She and I spent a lot of time together and she said, "You're not a compulsive overeater. Why do you say that?" And I wasn't. Back then I could follow any diet plan perfectly, they just didn't always work. So I think for us stress has a lot to do with our weight.

Rie, Ruthie and Mad - Enjoy your vacation.

Bonnie - I feel your frustration and hope things get better for you soon. I know how it can effect our eating and everything else in our life.

Didn't check BS today, but it was still a little high but it was back down yesterday. Will try to remember to check it tomorrow.

BTW those of you who do the gym machines. I start with the incumbunt bike and then I do about 8 machines. I am doing all of them everyday. I'm pretty sore later in the day, but I'm hoping the soreness will go away if I keep doing them. And I'm afraid if I don't do it everyday and skip that it will be easy to skip. When you go regularly do you do all of the machines everyday? Thanks.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #116  

Hello All! fbs at 77 this morning and 30 minutes of walking for the day. I didn't get enough sleep because I had pool league and I had trouble getting to sleep

Trish, I am amazed that your dgs would tell you anything about the baby's care! You are correct that child care is the responsibility of the parents. I am proud of you for sticking to your guns.

Bonnie I am so sorry that you are struggling! Hang in there and I hope things smooth out for you.

Mad, I hope you are enjoying your holiday.

Ruth, Rennie and others.... Have a great day!

Rie
Old 06-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #117  

Hello all!

fbs at 77 this morning. I have an active day with a walk then a long and active day of getting the boat ready and the camper ready. Hopefully we will be pulling the boat out to the lake tomorrow for fishing.

Have a great day!

Rie
Old 06-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #118  

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm headed out today to meet a friend for lunch. We are going to Golden Corral. I have young friends who are young enough to be my daughters and wondered "Lord, why are you putting these young people in my life" and then realized that maybe they are helping me to stay young. One of them is my beautician who got me to join the Y. So they are good for me and I hope I will have a good influence in theirs. One of them just lost her Mom recently and she is the same age as my oldest son.

Rie I was surprised at how dgs is. I've learned that as good as he is at times, he is quite the manipulater himself; but then he was raised by his a manipulater. Even DH says she is an expert at it. I've also noticed that dgs is really arrogant. He is extremely smart and he knows it and I've noticed that he is very prideful and I cannot compliment him as much as I used to. He was gone for 2 days at college orientation and when he returned his 9 yr old sister rain up to him and hugged him and told him she missed him. He pused her away and said "I know". I think that was rude. He is going to FL fora 3 week visit with his daddy and family there. I pray God will use it show him what he has here, but I have to say DH and I have wondered if he would even come back. BTW on the exercise... I'm committing to 4 days a week.

Bonnie I hope things are going better for you today.

Ruthie I am wondering if you and I are going to have to go back to eating more SB/Atkins woe. I like somethings about SB except I don't like eating lf/ff stuff so lean more towards Atkins. 2 things I always loved about low carb is the way it naturally tones the body and it keeps the fluids off. I'm going to have to rethink this. My body and my tastebuds are at war with each other all the time.

Rennie, Mad and others reading

Have a great week end.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #119  
Madeleine

I now remember why I so dislike DH's laptop, I keep losing posts if my wrist hits a button, but I don't know which.
Bonnie: I am commiserating with you, I am eating way too much, and will have to cut back and be careful if I don't want to come home with a lot of vacation weight.
Have not been sleeping well, probably due to having some beer and wine, and snacking too much, which is a bad habit for me when reading. So, identifying these issues now, maybe can manage for the next couple of weeks.
Rie: if you ever come east, we apparently have great brown trout fishing in the river that runs through our village. I am not a fisher, but I see lots of people in waders in the shallows and its a favoured spot here. But Ontario is a LONG way from Montana, no?
It is really hot and humid back home, and while it is hot and sunny here, humidity not bad, and I have a lake to jump into. Will chat later everyone.
Happy Friday!
Old 06-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #120  

Mad I don't know what happens to my laptop but I lose posts or my cursor moves all over the place and I type in the wrong place sometimes. I don't know if I hit a button that causes it or what. Pain sometimes. LOL

Rie Thanks for the challenge for us to commit to exercise so many days each week. Making the commitment to exercise 4 days a week got me to the gym today. My lunch with my friend went longer than I expected and when I walked out of Golden Corral, I thought I would skip the gym today. This is my day to just do the bike as I already had my 3 days of bike and other machines. When I came to the street to turn and go down to the Y, I couldn't resist it. I only did a total of 15 minutes, but I did do it so I have my 4 days of exercise for this week. Thanks for the idea.

Lunch at GC went very well. My friend and I have not seen each other in months so we had a lot of catchin' up to do. She is having her 1st grandchild, a girl, in August. Really enjoyed getting out and visiting with her. We talked so much that we didn't eat a whole lot so I did really good with the eating.

Weather is supposed to be 106 degrees today and I do believe it is going to make it as it is 102 degrees right now.
Closed Thread