Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi All!

I am so sorry that I have been out of contact again. I was in a small town with a terrible internet signal last week and I have been out fishing all weekend. I am heading back out of town for the next couple of days for work and then I should be back all the time.

Trish, good for you on planning some time alone. It is so important. I know that helping the kids is difficult and they don't always seem appreciative. I am reminded of my favorite saying: "it is precisely those times when we deserve love the least that we need it the most"

Bonnie, I am proud of you for sharing your feelings here. A bike sounds like so much fun! It will be a good stress reliever, too. Feel free to private message me if i can help

Rennie, as I read your posts, it seems as if some of your readings are in range. It took me about 4 months to start getting consistent numbers. Give yourself some time to get more steady blood sugar. I really felt that keeping a food diary and a bs diary all together sure helped me to gain some confidence.

Mad, good luck with the induction level eating. I know that you will drop some belly fat in a hurry and that dress will look lovely!

Ruth, white wine with lobster is ABSOLUTELY necessary! Actually, a little wine makes my bs drop. I am very aware of that if I am out. Good luck with your planning.

Jane, Hello!

I think I mentioned everyone. If I missed someone, I am sorry. Very tired.

Rie
Old 06-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #47  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Another week and another official weigh-in. I am having major trouble with food - all good stuff but too much. Being back in the wine drinking habit is not helping! I have less than three weeks before my first wee "escape" of the summer and I sure would feel better a few pounds lighter. I know it's just a number on the scale but I don't like to feel my new pants getting tighter.

Patty, I am so glad you are standing up on your hind legs and taking "me and my man" time. It must be so very difficult having all that stress around. "this too shall pass" but survival skills are needed in the meantime.

Love2B - sweet potato chips! We can't buy them up here and it's just as well or I'd have another addiction. In time you will get a handle on this BGL thing and won't find it as stressful.

Rie, fishing sounds so wonderful! I live between two lakes and, since I sold my boat, don't get out on the lake to do that. I usually do catch and release since I'm not that fond of fish. It's not because I can't clean them - for a city girl, I'm an expert on that.

Bonnie, dear Bonnie, your blog entries really touched me. I can't imagine being short of food but do know that it is a reality. My kids talk about my first days as a single parent when we had oatmeal for breakfast and then cold fried oatmeal for supper but culled potatoes tops that! The bike sounds like a fabulous idea. Enjoy!

Mad, I know you are in La Bell Province today. Too bad you can't make a wee side-trip north of Kingston. Thanks for the reminder about wine dropping BGL - I must check that out sometimes. Maybe you can join me to monitor?

Time to crank up my day officially and get organized for the gym. I'm going to try for a lower carb day to get rid of this bloated feeling. Canadian bacon and scrambled eggs maybe? No way I can do Atkins induction with the local strawberries around!

Raising my coffee mug to a good week.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Arrow

Had a good weekend. Set aside time to watch a movie as a family Friday & Saturday night. DH and I went out for breakfast after church. Youngest DGD asked me why and I told her I was taking grandad out on a grandad/nannie breakfast date. She liked that and said "Grandad deserves it". Then we made plans that next week for Father's Day we would take Grandad and Richard out to Ryan's after church. The girls will decorate and make a cake. Everyone seems to be excited about that.

I think I've been going through some "spiritual" growth. Told a friend at church that they would probably hear a testimony out of what I've gone through. I woke up yesterday morning and it was like the Lord was reminding me of a lot of things I had forgotten. When I married my 2nd hubby, I instantly became the mother of 3. I remember as we went through tough times that my Mama would tell me "Love is the Key". Wish I could say this miraculously came to me, but came from a recent sermon I caught on tv. I've been going through some soul searching and I've decided love is a choice. Also remembered an incident that happended when 2nd hubby and I moved into the country. We had a well for water and not long after we purchased the house and moved in the well went dry/caved in or something and we had to haul water in while they drilled a new well. You get a lot of favors when your hubby is a cop and there was a farmer who loaned us for free a huge tank and DH worked out a deal with the city and he would go get water in the tank for us to have water for baths etc. But I remember when I saw the farmer in town after we had returned the huge tank. I asked him how much we owed him for the use of the water tank and he said "You don't owe me a cent". I told him there must some way we could repay him and he taught me how "country people" do things. He said, "The way you repay me is when you see someone else have a need, you just help them with their need". I learned that country people greet new comers with a welcome visit and they always have a gift of homemade jam or something. I learned that country people help each other without expecting to be paid back or making you feel like you owe them something because they do it from the heart. I suddenly realized, I lost that somewhere along the way.

DH and I talked yesterday. We never knew if we were supposed to do this or not, but we did what we thought was right. DD will get her nursing degree and that is a good thing. I see a lot of things they should have learned from all this that we may have been a hindrance rather than a help so they still may have to learn those things and we will not be able to nor should we be the answer when they happen. However, for now, we decided that we ride this out and do not allow it to destroy our marriage or our relationship. I've learned where I have to draw lines and I do not cross them and I cannot allow them to cross them either. As DH wife, I will gladly be the Mother figure to his DD and Nannie to Grands, but I am not taking on Mommy/Daddy responsibilities to grands when they are home. Tony and I have decided to spend time with them, but they also have to respect "our" time to be alone. We will help them when we can, but we will not allow them to drive us to the poor house. We know the day will come when they will move... will they go back to FL, we don't know. But we will have done what we can and the rest will be up to them and we will trust that God will take care of it all because we did what we thought He excpected of us. I see DH feeling bad again (maybe ulcer) and I will not allow this to make him sick again.

So over all, everything is going good because it is good between Hubby and me.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #49  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Ruth Thanks for taking the time and reading my post. Yes I did have a hard life and that was jest a piece of it I have lived in a camp ground for 6 months cause my mother didnt feel the need to pay rent mean while all our possessions were being taking to the dump by our previous landlord. My mother wasn't much of a mother when I was little so I grew up not to expect much. My Mother passed away in 1990 from colan cancer and I always said that god would see to her when its her time and he did before she died she had a clear view of what she did to us children ( She had 12) and how wrong she was . But the past is the past and I know I must move on with the future . I all way tell everyone that what is done is done I have to be the one to change the future with my children .

Things for me today are going good here I woke up and my sugar was 89 and I tested 1 and 1/2 hours later and it was 135 . I had a Banana and 1/2 cup of Greek dannon yogurt. I sprinkled this Nature's path Organic Pumpkin Flax Granola with flax plus I took Dried cranberries and chopped a half bag and added to the bag of granola and I sprinkle a little on my yogurt it is wonderful add some texture to the yogurt.

Have to get ready to take my daughter to the dr and Hopefully will have time to get a walk in this evening. I know she will enjoy going for a bike ride with me this evening if the rain stays away it is listed for this whole week.

I hope everyone is having a good day will be back later Thanks for all the responses I do appreciate all the offer's to pm you guys. Till later
Old 06-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #50  

I just want to thank everyone on this thread for being such a super support group. It is wonderful how we can all share with each other our feelings and know we are accepted and get encouragement at the same time.

Rie You have been missed and we'll be glad to have you back regularly.

Ruthie I'm having to cut back almost to Induction to keep down the cravings. Darn food just tastes so good. I read that women over 60 stop dieting. Well, I don't plan to be a statistic.

Bonnie You truly have been through the worst of it, but you are very wise to stop the craziness with "you" so it doesn't pass down to the next generation. Also glad to see you don't want to go down the same diabetic road others have in your family. I feel exactly the same way you do about that. Prayers and good thoughts coming your way. Hope you have a great day.

Rennie, Mad, Jane and others Hello

Have a Marvelous Monday everyone.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #51  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

fbs was 151. This made me mad because I ate right, I walked, and I got just a little less than 8 hours sleep. I did everything right. And I'm back in the high numbers.

Hi Rie, I use to log onto my fitness pal but haven't done so in a while. I wish I had some place I could log into and get net carbs. That would be truly helpful. Yesterday I did everything right and still failed. Your town out of town sounds so relaxing I need one of those weekends I said the other day, Calgon take me away and the kids looked at me like "what"

Ruth I can't wait to be less stressed about this. It's so disappointing when I log onto my morning monitoring thread on another site and see everyones seventy-something. I'm happy for them but I wish I could get a number close to it 90's would make me happy. I don't know if I have said this before or not but I've had two close family members die from diabetic complications and the thought of not being able to do for my children or not being here scared me like crazy. My 8 year old is such a burst of energy today we shot a few hoops that really made her day (mommy can't shoot). I can't miss those times. Sorry for the sob story, thanks for listening. Hope you had a great day

Trish I love Ryan's I fully believe that things will work in you and Tony's favor.

Bonnie you sound really good, I'm glad to hear that in your post (if that makes sense). I thought bananas and yogurt were off limits for diabetics. I would love to have a banana and a Greek yogurt that would be a treat to me after these last 3 weeks.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #52  
Bonnie

Rennie I eat Greek yogurt alot or I eat the light and fit vanillia that is the only flavor I will eat. I need a weekend away too With me all by myself sounds like a good energizer . I know what you are saying about being happy I am feeling a whole lot better.

pattygirl63 Thanks I have had a load in my lifetime I would never want my children to go threw what I have and Hope they never will.

As it stand come back from the dr with my DD and it is storming so bad our streets are ankle deep I know that cause my DD went out and stood in the middle of the road. So their went my bike ride I will see what I can do tomorrow. Although I will be baby sitting the baby tomorrow Grandma and mom has to work but I will only have her from 12 to 6 sounds good to me.

Thinking of cooking Swai fish tomorrow any suggestions. We usually do talipa but they were out of it. So I want to say I made a good choice tonight we had dinner and after dinner they broke out the Ice cream I rejected it totally when I thought of the ice cream the first thing I thought was how many calories is that I would be eating I will save them for a snack later I usually take my Metforum about 8 I get me a snack eat half take it and then eat the other half so it wont upset my stomach.

Well I have some sorting of ebooks to do since my hubby is going to get me a kindle fire for our 26 anniversary on the 29th of this month. Will check back later

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #53  
~Rennie

Bonnie the Metformin use to make me quite nauseous but someone told me to take it after my meal not with it like the doctor said. And wouldn't you know it no more nausea I think I saw that fish at Aldi. I had never heard of it so I didn't buy it. Let me know how it turns out. I like to put my fish on the grill, comes out nice and flaky And Happy early Anniversary and Congrats on the Kindle

I took a 65 minute walk I'm progressing let's hope I can keep this going

... gotta tell you all this ... I am sitting here on the sofa and I get this whiff of orange Hostess cupcakes mind you kids are sleeping, oldest is out and hubby is at work ... so where did that come from. I think it's a horrible craving that I am refusing to give into (don't worry I don't have any here, and I wouldn't dare mess up my exercise by going to the 7-11 and it's way too late) My son made brownies but I don't like brownie texture too mushy. I will only eat the edge that is hard and since I've been diagnosed the kids now eat them first Gotta love them. They use to leave the edge for Mommy. Hubby would say why didn't ya'll wash that pan, They'd say that's for Mommy ... looked like they were done. Ok that's my silly for the evening, Good night all, pleasant dreams, rest well.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #54  
Come on Spring!

Great BGL this morning but the weight is a solid 185! I swear hat the pounds are growing tap roots now. Maybe when you lose them and then gain them back, they hang on more! All I can do is keep on truckin'.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #55  
Bonnie

Hey ladies jest popped in to say all is well my sugar was 102 this morning .

Rennie I am cooking the swai tonight I looked it up and it is catfish. I am going to try baking it. Will let you know how it turns out..
Old 06-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #56  

Rennie and Bonnie I think I've seen that fish at Aldi's but never tried it. DH eats nothing but Cod or Long John Silvers.

This will be a quick flyby. Today was my long day with the kids, but I had a little talk with the oldest DGS and also later with the DGDs and I think I just may have got through to them. Doesn't matter if I didn't, but we did have some really good GMother/GChildren time regardless.

I'm not hungry much right now so I certainly hope it stays that way and that the scales will be nice to me as well.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #57  
~Rennie

fbs 117 getting close to target. I like that. Went for my evening stroll but for only 30 minutes maybe a little longer. My friend had dinner in the oven and had to get back

Ruth good for you on the BGL I am a true believer that when you lose and regain it sticks around for good while. At least it does with me. I am finally in the low 180's again. I so hope to see the next decade this month. I have been in the 180's for a very very long time.

Bonnie, do let me do let me know how it turns out

Trish I didn't know what kind of fish that was so I passed it by. I like fried whiting but only have it when my Mom would come over and that's no more (on the fish) my Mom still comes over . I like Haddock, Cod, Bass, and Rock fish also. I don't like the way catfish looks raw so I would never cook it Silly I know Glad you and the grands had some good quality time . I don't when I'm not hungry in the evening when I know I should be eating dinner then later on I'm about to lose it because I can't eat, smh. Can't when sometimes

Last edited by love2b150; 06-12-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #58  
Come on Spring!

Just checking in to keep myself honest. Yesterday was not a stellar day as I got sucked into a burger for lunch with a friend. At least I skipped the fries. My gym buddies bailed this morning but I am still planning to go and do my thing. Weight is still 185 but I WILL GET IT DOWN! I'm very grateful that my BGL seems to be stable.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #59  
Bonnie

Fish the was great I baked it with salt pepper and some cheyanne pepper and then topped it off with some light sour cream and dill as a dip everyone like it they all said it tasted like talipa so it is a winner will make is again I thought it was better then the talipa so will be doing it again the pieces are so big that we split them in half.

Good news son jest got the results from his ged and he has passed!!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #60  
~Rennie

fbs 125 ridiculous because the dog woke me up at 4 and I took my bs at 4:24a.m. it was 102 ... what gives

Ruth, I'll bet that burger was good though. I don't know that I would have been able to pass on the fries. They are my true weakness, along with rolls But to you for doing it . Sorry your gym buddies bailed but it's great that you were still motivated to go Good job on your BGL's

Bonnie the fish sounds good.

Trish, Rie, Madeleine Hope all is well
Closed Thread