Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 06:29 AM   #91  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Had a "Duh" moment yesterday. I got up at the usual time and did my usual routine with coffee and the dogs and FORGOT to have breakfast. I didn't realize that until ten minutes on the treadmill at the gym when I began to feel really rotten. My PT rescued me with some cheese and crackers plus Jello but I now know how important breakfast is. I may start assembling my a.m. shake the night before and keep it in the fridge to zap in the morning.

Time for breakfast RIGHT NOW!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 236/187/160

Height: 5'6"

My fasting blood sugar was 85 this morning. Yay!!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

fbs at 83 this morning and my weight is down a fraction of a pound. I did well with eating yesterday but I didn't work out because I don't feel well. That is kind of a downer.

Georgia, your spa day sounds lovely. Congrats on your dr appointment. I hope you feel better with the medication change.

Ruth, I am glad that your trainer was able to help you out with a snack. I like to eat after I work out but if I am in the 70's I have a snack first. Take care of you.

Yay Izzy!

Mare, how nice that you have found a friend on here. It is probably a little harder for those of us who live in less populated areas. Like you, I hope that Bonnie can find and outlet

Bonnie,

Trish, hope you are feeling better.

Mad, chipper and everyone else.... have a great day!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #94  
Come on Spring!

Had a really decent breakfast this morning of fruit, ww English muffin with peanut butter and now do not feel one bit hungry for lunch. Maybe I will by 1 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Rie - Thanks so much for reminding me of the Theraflu. I took it before I went to bed and slept better than I have in a long time. I do feel better. Still have the cough so told the kids that I don't plan to go to church tomorrow because I am going to take it again tonight and for some reason it makes me sleep. I didn't get up until after 10am... very rare for me.

I'll try to get back later for individuals.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #96  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi gang: have been busy with work, (and sleep when not working) so have been MIA for a couple of days. BS ok, but I over-indulged in carbs yesterday with all the busy-ness. I realized when I was putting it all into my tracker that not only did I have a lot of carbs, I didn't get my servings of veggies and fruit in. making up for that today, have most of those servings in already after lunch, and am track for a normal points day today.
BIG sorta NSV: my scale also has a body fat indicator on it, I check it about once a week. When I start this journey I was at 35%, and have slowly been coming down. The last couple of weeks was 32, then 31 last week. This week I saw 30% FOR THE FIRST TIME. Its another nice indicator that I am doing ok, and things are getting better, inside as well as out!

it is nice to hear from everyone, and mare and izzy, welcome and keep coming back.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #97  
Come on Spring!

Weight is finally down a pound - one more until my ticker is truthful. Despite that and the fact that my FBGL has been fine, I'm feeling draggy and this is NOT a good week for that as I am waaaaay overbooked. I must focus on eating properly (and regularly) and getting enough rest if I'm to make it through the weekend. (It's Maple Syrup Festival Weekend and, between the Mill, the Fair Board and Pet Therapy, I have a full agenda.) I skipped Church this morning to map out the week's plans and menus - now to stick to it.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

fbs at 80 this morning and my weight is still ticking down slowly to a truthful ticker. The pain in my side has been in my ribs all weekend and I have been unable to work out. I can barely move It seems to be improving.

Ruth, I hope that the draggies don't get you down this week. It sounds like you have a busy one in front of you.

Mad, hoping that there are lots of healthy babies and healthy mommas this week if you are working lots. Good for you on recognizing that you were a little off and getting back on track.

Trish, I hope you feel better. That theraflu knocks me out every time. It won't raise your bs, either.

Mare, Izzy, Georgia and everyone else.... Have a restful Sunday!

Rie

Old 04-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #99  

A quick on this morning. That Theraflu knock me out and I am draggy today, but it seems to be drying up the cough so that is good. So sorry I had to miss church, but didn't want to go and sit there and disturb the service with my coughing. Strange but when I don't go no one goes. It does make me sleep really good. The thing I hate the most is that the Nyquil seems to have brought back the 5 lbs I lost so I sure hope I can get that back down quickly. I'm going to be doing some Atkin's Induction or at least a lower carb to get me back on track.

Georgia - I think I saw you are doing Atkins too. Going low carb does help get the cravings under control and that is what I need right now. I never have binges but have been having a problem with them since I've been sick.

I think I saw a couple of newbies yesterday. Sorry if I missed you but I do each and everyone of you.

Ruthie - Hope you get your busy schedule working for you and glad your scale is moving down again.

Mad, Rie, Bonnie, Chipper, Izzy, Mare and everyone else
Old 04-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #100  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Yes Trish, cravings control is what I need! I fell into a pizza yesterday afternoon (skinny crust and veggies, but still ate too much!) and this morning, first day of Atkins, and I am starving after I had a breakfast of eggs + whites, cheese and half an avocado. Plus, since I've started the process of cutting out coffee (coffee keeps my blood pressure up, darn it!), I woke up to a raging headache too.

FBG was up to 133 this morning. Hmph! I am anxious to see how low fbg can go when I'm strictly on Atkins induction phase.

I have to go pick up my Januvia prescription today. And some kale! Haven't had any all week and I'm missing it. Got chard and spinach for the last two weeks in my CSA vegetable crate and I've been enjoying that. And some gorgeous lettuces. One more head of butterleaf lettuce, so I think I'll make some gai larb (ground turkey seasoned with Asian basil, lime and chilies) and serve it in lettuce cups. I need some fish too. I recently bought some wild Dover sole at Costco and made Sole Amandine, but it smelled funny. I wish wild salmon season would hurry up! Any day now!

Rie, I am so sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I am concerned that this pain is so debilitating. Are you going to the doctor for this? Hope you feel better very soon!

Mad, I like the bodyfat numbers! It's the one that counts! Way to go!

I had a great spa day yesterday. Bought some Bare Minerals products. Came home with make up on and my sons didn't know how to react because I usually don't wear any. My oldest made faces (he doesn't like it when women wear cosmetics and his girlfriend doesn't) and my youngest was quite snuggly and affectionate all afternoon and evening...without asking me for anything! I think I can live with my oldest son's faces if I'm going to get more snuggling from the younger son!

Have a great Sunday!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Today on the public television channel there is a 2 hour show about Diabetes. Since I never went to any classes when I was diagnosed I will be very interested in seeing what this is all about. I hope can come away from this with more knowledge about the disease. It is conducted by a Dr Mark Hyman. I think it focuses on obesity.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 04-15-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #102  
Renaissance Woman

I saw that one, Carol. He promotes avoiding all processed foods and eating high quality fresh organics. I can't argue with that because it's what I want to be doing all the time.

It's good to watch shows like this in order to get more knowledge. It's hard for the average American to eat like this though. Not everyone has access to this sort of food, it can be more expensive if you can't grow your own vegetables, and processed food is so much cheaper and more available. Unfortunately, that's what we've all grown up with and many just don't want to give up that stuff and make the change. Change is hard, even if your life is on the line.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #103  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

RIe: sure hope you feel better soon. Is it muscle that might be helped with massage or a chiropractor or voltaren? Or something else that you need a doctor for? (Right side? any chance its gallstones?)
Not sure if I am not counting points improperly or if I am holding water, but weight is up a couple of pounds inspite of an active week (yoga again today) and staying under my points. ( I still have 19 weeklies left) SO hope it moves out soon.
Georgia: (and others) don't only use the fbs as a guide to how well you are doing. Remember from blood sugar 101, the liver will make new glucose from any kind of fuel (protein and fat even if necessary) and will release it, dumping especially at night. The metformin helps to keep it in check, but I was never able to get my fbs down below 5 on atkins, and that is not unusual. However, all day long, my blood sugars were within normal range, with virtually no spikes, and that is incredibly important in the long run.
(the reason I do relatively low carb with ww) SO Georgia, if you are managing low carb well, you will see your sugars very steady all day, (except perhaps briefly up after exercise) but your fbs may not get very low.
HOpe everyone has a nice Sunday evening.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #104  
Renaissance Woman

Woke up to fbg of 103! So, first day on Atkins and I'm getting good results for bg levels. All day yesterday my numbers were below 115 two hours after meals.

I made myself only test two hours after meals. It was hard not to test sooner. It had already become a compulsion! I had to find things to do to get my mind off testing. Managed to get a lot of house work done! Hoping today is easier.

Mad, thanks for sharing your knowledge and wisdom. I really appreciate it. Helps me to chill a bit more about this whole diabetes thing!

Today I'm off to restock the fridge. I'm out of vegetables!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #105  

I am happy to say that I am feeling better this morning. Still will take Theraflu until all coughing and symptoms are gone. Evidently it doesn't cause the problems that Nyquil did so I will definitely always keep some of it on hand.

I am also thrilled to say that ticker is almost true again. I say almost because it looks like I've lost another lb, but I won't change it yet. WI is Wednesday so will change it then if the lb is still gone. Haven't checked fbg as I don't check it until around 1 just before I eat. DH has to go get blood drawn around 1:40 so we won't eat until around 2:15 or so. I'm back on my Intermittent Fasting and it obviously works. I stopped my online membership of WW. I just can't afford it right now and I have the materials any way. I think I need to relax and just enjoy doing IF and not be so obsessive with food. I'm thinking about it too much. Trying to do IF with my old Carbohydrate Addict's Diet with some of the Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Plan options. This way I get the benefits of IF and the balanced eating of CAD/CALP. I like eating a Reward Meal which is a balanced meal where I get to eat my starchy carby food and then my other meal(s) or snacks called Complimentary Meal/Snacks are low carb, no starchy carby foods. This way I don't feel like I'm dieting because this is a lifesty and I will be losing weight and getting healthy at the same time. What I like about The last time I successfully lost 70+ lbs, I did it this way... just doing CAD eating the way I have now learned is called Intermittent Fasting but I didn't know about IF at that time. I was getting healthier, but I treated it as a diet because I had a goal and when I reached the goal, I stopped and gained the weight back. Now I can look at it as a way of life rather than a diet and hopefully I will eventually reach my normal weight. Not sure what that is at this age, but I will be happy with it whatever it is.

Georgia - So glad your bg is doing so well. Evidently Atkins agrees with you.

Ruthie - Glad your scale is moving again.

Mad - We do appreciate the knowledge you always share with us.

Rie - Hope you are feeling better. Have you gone to the doctor yet?

Bonnie - Sure hope things are better at your house and that you are taking care of Bonnie.

slmn11, Chipper, Izzy, Mare and others

Y'all have a great Monday.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 04-16-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Closed Thread