Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Richard's Mom and son are here and everything is pretty good so far. eally is a nice lady and we do enjoy being around her. She and her husband always have us to their house or take us out for a meal when we used to go to FL. I just wasn't sure we had room for everyone, but they seem to have worked it out very nicely. I think we are going out to eat after DH and I get home from church. We had planned to take everyone out while she's here, but once all these other things came up, we weren't sure we could. DD had come down and told us she had pretty much decided that she would make a buffet while we're at church in the morning. I had told her I had some stuff she could use too. But she came back down and said that DSIL Mom is insisting on taking us all out to eat when we get home from church. She said she was going to do it because we were nice enough to let her come and stay in our home all this time. So I think Tony and I are going to either go half or when we get to the restaurant Tony will pull a sneaky on her and pay for it himself. I think it is nice of her to offer.

Well, I ordered my new refrigerator by phone last night to be sure I could get it sooner from Home Depot and picked up the paper work this morning. I wanted to go pick one out and have it delivered today or tomorrow, but .DH wanted a larger refrigerator and found a 29.1 cu.ft., but it had to be special ordered and one place was going to take about a week because they wouldn't know until Monday how long it would take to get it. I had already seen the same one Home Depot to see when it would be available from them. They had 4 in their warehouse and could deliver it in 4 days. So I bought it right then. It will be here Wednesday.

Eating has been kind of wild today. But not terribly bad.

Till tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #77  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I ignored the scale this morning because I had a goodly serving of corned beef last night and know the weight is up. FBGL was a good 4.1. Claire graciously took the rest of the corned beef home with her for lunches for the grands this week.

No Church this morning as our minister is very ill. I am going to soak in the tub with a book for a while and plan my day. It's going to be up to 72ºF today and the same for most of the week so it's time to crank up outside work. Such an early Spring! At the end of March last year the ground was still frozen solid and the dog yard was a frozen lake.

Not sure about food yet for the day but am thinking a shrimp stir-fry with no soy sauce as I think I'm salty enough! Ten more minutes until the sun comes up. I may throw on my coat, get another coffee and enjoy the unfolding of this glorious day.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #78  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

good morning...
just pulled out the winter bin and spring/summer bin. packed up all the winter clothes, threw out the ones i know i won't wear next year. tried on the spring/summer and was surprised at the amount that fit, or should fit toward the end of summer. not much went back into the bin. so pleased. may visit the bin again in a few more months.

redecorated son's living room yesterday for his birthday(last month). we planned for two days, but, finished it in one. DD, DH, and i painted, hung new curtains and did some repairs, shampooed carpets. this was that trailer he bought a year ago for $1000. took him 6 months to rewire, re-plumb the place. he knew we were coming, but, he came to our house to sleep(he works nights). so it was a surprise. maybe it will give him incentive to finish the rest. he is hoarder of trash. i doesn't have much stuff, it's trash. he still had Christmas boxes on the floor in the kitchen. i guess i made him clean his room too much when he was little. or he has a fear of some sort. hummmm may have to think on that one.
well off to check out a new store "ollies".
have a good one
Old 03-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #79  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

HI all, just a quick hello, sounds like people are doing well. I like the mental picture of Ruth wrapped in a blanket watching the sunrise. Its already 15 degrees here and getting warmer by the moment, so will have a lovely sunny day. Planning yard work today too. Just a clean up for now. Also getting ready for landscaping the back yard.
Gonna have a clean eating day, after indulging yesterday. (but not overeating!)
ttfn
Old 03-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

fbs at 80 this morning. My weight is still dropping by ounces. I indulged a little yesterday at the parade. Not much exciting here.... just a day of rest.

Trish, I am glad that the visit is going well. I think it would be nice of her to buy you guys a meal.

Ruth, I love the image of you out watching the sun come up. It is also in the high 60's here this weekend. I sunburned the top of my head yesterday at the parade???

Chipper, I doubt that anything you did would cause your ds to hoard stuff. It is a pretty well-defined illness. Or, he could just be a messy guy

Mad, enjoy the day in the yard. We did cleanup yesterday. All that spring air is good for the mood, mind, and body.

Later!

Rie
Old 03-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #81  

Quick flyby. So glad everyone is doing so well. I've had a great day today. Went to church and then out to eat and DSIL's Mom did insist on paying. I hated for her to pay for it all as it was very expensive. However, she said that it was the least we could since we were kind enough to let the kids live here. Things have been extremely nice with her here. Haven't seen DSIL DS as he is spending a lot of time with his Dad.

Eating has actually been OP but I must have gotten a lot of salt as I'm retaining a lot of water right now. So will have to hit the water a lot to flush it out.

Chipper good to see you here. Everybody have a nice evening.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #82  
Madeleine

quick hello this am. fbs 4.8 so am doing well there. Seem to do better with not eating in the evening. Had the neighbours over for supper, such a lovely visit, and was able to control points by serving many veggies and avoiding potatoes. Left me points for a small dessert as it was the husband's birthday. Planning for yoga tonight. Had lots of walking this weekend. Weight is a steady 172, but no signs of dropping, hoping for a whoosh someday soon.
Happy Monday friends, I'm off to work.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #83  

Good Morning!

fbs at 89? this morning. Not bad but up a little from my usual. I lifted weights for exercise.

We are in the middle of a big spring snow storm today. About 4 inches of wet sticky stuff on the ground. I have to drive about 20 miles this morning to speak at a high school.

Sorry, no time for personals this morning.

Rie
Old 03-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #84  

Another quick flyby. Eating has not been too bad but not as good as I would like especially today. DM of DSIL cooked and then they wanted me to taste and eat with them. I've not spent a lot of time with all of them so she could have time with them so I agreed to sit with them, eat a small amount of the pasta dish she cooked and visit. Really enjoyed it. She is really fun to be with. She wants to have coffee with me tomorrow and the two of us have girl talk time so will do thll.at with her. She is a speach therapist in public school so she has been working with baby Jaxxon while here and teaching Richard and April how to get him to ask for things he wants instead of throwing a fit and telling them how they must respond. As I've watched her, I too have learned some things as well that will help re-inforce some of the things I've been teaching him. I don't see DS son much, but it has turned out that having his DM here has been a real blessing and a pleasure. I am glad.

Good night till tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #85  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Patty, you deserve blessings and pleasures. I'm glad the visit is working out well.

Well, the weight is still here so I am not posting my lying ticker for a while. I seem to be back at 180 again although FBGL is fine. I have another cold and was wide awake all Sunday night which meant yesterday was a lost day. I had a good solid ten hours of zzzzzzzz last night though which should make today a lot better. It's Good Food Box morning which usually inspires me to plan more veggies. Last night was a ww pita pizza and was a bit sparse on the veggies and a bit high on sodium. (Olives and carpers once again!) Today will be better.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #86  
Madeleine

fbs 4.9 this morning, I am staying under 5 more of the time, so am really happy bout that. However, last night, DH made tacos. I have been having allergy troubles and think that corn may be a problem, so instead of having a corn taco shell, I made a taco salad and used some yummy bread rusks to dip.
pc sugar was 8.1, yup, white bread still give me a big spike. 2 hours after eating so high.
I did get to yoga yesterday, so did something well!
Off to work, then mediating with my difficult colleague. Hope it goes ok.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 270/257.4/130

Height: 5.0 Tall

Red my bs was in the 200's the same as yours and I'm also on Metformin. I couldn't tolerate the 500mg twice a day it made me sick so I went to 500mg a day and now I'm up to 1 1/2 (750mg) a day and doing fine on that. Your bs could go up from being sick and not eating. Stress from that can also make it go up. As you lose weight your bs will go down. I was on WW last year and couldn't work my way around the point system with my diabetes but this year they calculate carbs into the points so it's a breeze for me. My weight is dropping and so is my blood sugar!!! yay! It's gone from the 230's to the 140's after just losing approx. 13 lbs. When I was first diagnosed I tested religiously right before I ate and 2 hours after. I knew what foods made me spike and what foods were ok. I used to be able to eat oatmeal but with no toast or toast only with peanut butter on it or egg beaters (love the southwestern) with a sprinkle of parm cheese on top. This year I notice oatmeal makes me spike so farting around with not watching what I eat etc has done some damage to my insulin production. Test often to find out what foods do what and have a snack before bed! If you don't your body will think it's being starved by about 3 or 4 am and your bs will increase. That's called the dawn phenomenon. 5 saltine crackers is only (2 points) topped with 2 T of peanut butter (6 pts) on them will hold you over or 2 sheets of graham crackers and 1/2 c. FF milk. I'm hoping to be off meds by the time I hit 130! Long way off but it's my long term goal.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 270/257.4/130

Height: 5.0 Tall

I have a question for anyone on Weight Watchers actually. I used to be on the south beach diet and when we calculated the carbs we subtracted any sugar alcohol that was in the food from the carbs to get a new total carb count. Are we suppose to do that in WW also when we're putting info into the tracker to find the points? I realize the new WW program for this year includes carbs into the calculations but I just wondered if when I'm entering the carbs for sugar free foods I should subtract the sugar alcohols first from the total carbs.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #89  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Good morning ladies,

I'm officially joining your group. I think the denial stage that I have diabetes (type 2) is over and I am surrendering to having to deal with it head on. My pseudo low-carb eating and exercise are no longer doing what I wanted them to do. I can't rely on Intermittent Fasting any more because it seems I'm one of those people with Dawn Phenomenon that will last all day if I keep up with a 24-hour fast. At least my Paleolithic diet philosophies are still serving a purpose of keeping my carbs low, but I'm having to cut way back on my protein intake because that seems to affect my blood sugars too.

I've been on Met ER for almost two weeks and I'm not-so-patiently waiting for it to kick in. I've been making myself crazy with experimenting and testing (my fingers hurt!) but I think I see the pattern that's working for me. Small meals with no more than 5 net grams of carbohydrate, 15 grams of protein and 15 grams of fat, about four hours apart. I can do Pilates in the mornings and evenings and cardio in the middle of the day for a longer stretch.

It would be nice if I could put together a daily routine and stick to it. Maybe make my life a little less manic in the face of all of this. And to start to lose weight again. Such slow progress!

Looking forward to connecting more with all of you. Thanks for all the pearls of wisdom you've shared so far.

**Forgot to add...fbs at 148 this morning. I know, we're working on it!

Last edited by geoblewis; 03-20-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #90  

Good Morning!

fbs at 80 this morning after struggling with a low episode last night. My supper carbs were broccoli salad and a little fresh corn. I had two glasses of wine at pool and came home to test and find dropping blood sugar. It was a good lesson to me because as I was pulling into my yard, I wondered, "how do I have a swimming head on a little wine?!" From now on, if I am out and I have a little wine, I will test before I drive. I think it was probably in the process of dropping as I headed home because my symptoms literally started when I was arriving home. Anyway, I will be more careful in the future. My weight is continuing to drop by ounces and heading toward my ticker so I will leave it alone for a few more days....

Trish, I am so glad that you are having a good visit! You deserve it!

Ruth I join you in the ticker trouble I don't understand how just a little off plan can result in such large gains.... It doesn't make sense!

Mad, I can't handle white bread, either. I don't even try anymore. I sure miss it sometimes.... I will be thinking of you today as you do the mediation. Hoping that it all goes well.

Diva, yup, that small carb+protein snack at night is the only thing that keeps my morning numbers down. I actually think it helps me sleep and control my weight. Nice to see you.

Georgia, WELCOME! After I was diagnosed, I spent a while lurking here. I was hiding the fact that I had diabetes from the world and I didn't want to join. But, this group has been so helpful to me and it is an important part of my daily routine. Remember that moderate exercise is all that you need. We are glad to have you.

Gotta go to work but forgive me for one little brag: my pool team won the division championship last night. It was really cool!

Rie
Closed Thread