Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper15173 View Post
evening....
skimmed through the post. welcome newbies. i am chipper. DX in 06. type 2. i take victoza lowest dose .6. weaning myself off to see if my diet and exercise can keep it controlled. endro said i can as long as i keep an eye on numbers. so far so good. 99% their under 100.
lost 2 more pounds at WW last night. today i tried a trick hungry girl suggested and i am so full. dinner sent me over, but, i have to eat. she said there is always so much sauce in the frozen entrees. so she suggested to get a small bag of vegetables and add to the entree and it will coat with the extra sauce. i did that today with a WW meal. it worked. will do that again. was so filling. lasted the rest of the day and into dinner.
well off to do some internet surfing and go watch some tv.
night ladies
CONGRATULATIONS Chipper on the 2 lb loss. I like the idea of adding the vegetables to the WW meal. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Friends!

Well I have been working a ton and had internet problems so I have been gone for a couple days. Sure is nice to come back here and see all the active newbies!

I was diagnosed 18 months ago and my fbs is almost always between 75 and 85. I test before every meal and and bed time. My A1c has been between 5.2 and 5.7 for a year. I take 2000 metformin and also Januvia daily. I am currently eating about 125 - 140 carbs per day but they are all very high fiber carbs. No bread or rice, etc. For example, a typical breakfast for me is a small sliced apple with PB2, 1/2C fiber one and 1/2c unsweetened almond milk. lunch is always romaine salad with a little dressing. Supper is lean protein, small carb, lots of veggies. I eat a carb/protein snack at supper to control dawn phenomenon. Typically, it is small yogurt with an egg or slice of deli turkey.

Mad, I am so proud of you for the weight loss! Mine is dropping but I am going to have to really move it to catch you! Very happy for you.

Ruth, I hope the antibiotics kick in. So great that you can lose one bp medicine.

Bonnie, I thought of you this morning when I did WAlkitout. I am glad to hear that you are still doing it. I am on my 3rd island now. It is so much fun.

Chipper, nice to meet you! Don't I know you from the other thread?

Trish, the IF is interesting. My bs gets really wonky with an uneven schedule. Bummer. Good for you, though!

Ksails, your story is really interesting! I am glad that you found us.

Georgia, so glad that you enjoyed your trip and that the boys cleaned up while you were gone.

kellye, YAY on the bs! Drumroll indeed!

Well, gotta go but I promise to be back in the morning. Sorry if I missed anyone!

Rie
Old 03-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #168  

This will sort of a quick one this morning. DH has a follow up drs appt this afternoon and I've got loads of things to do this morning before go. Trying to get laundry done and clean house... you know those things you do maybe once a week like bleached kitchen my sinks and took the can opener apart and clean it. Still have to clean out the toaster. The DGC will be out of school next week for spring break so probably won't do all that next week although it would be a good homemaking lesson time for them to learn it.

FBS seems to be settled at 115 to 118 right now and that is so much better than what I've dealt with for so long that I'm very pleased. I think it is what keeps me on my new eating plan. I downloaded and printed a free book from Step 5 Diet website yesterday and I'm so glad that I did. Like I said the good FBS reading keeps me doing this IF style of eating, but I was upset about the weight gain. Although it seems to have leveled off, it isn't coming back down like I would like. After reading the ebook, I learned that this is normal and some of the overeating I've done is too. It says this happens at first, but as I contine the eating should settle into healthier eating and in about 2 or 3 weeks the weight will start to steadily come off. It might take me about 2 or more years to reach goal, but then I would have no problem with that. I will just be happy to start losing.

Rie - So glad to see you. Look forward to seeing around here again. I'm having problems with my pc again. I took it into my room for about 3 or 4 nights and no problems. I forgot to take it last night and it won't work this morning. I had to borrow DH pc this morning.

Ruthie - Hope you are feeling better.

Mad, Chipper, Bonnie, Georgia, Kellye, Johjaxmom and all others reading

Y'all have a great Friday and week end.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #169  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Good morning all. Quickie check-in this morning. FBS was 146. I have an appointment with my regular doctor today, finally!

I am going to be working all weekend, so I'll be online the whole time. I'll catch up with you later. Hope you have a lovely day!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #170  
1 Goal 240 2nd Goal 195

S/C/G: 334.6/262.6/240

Height: 5'9"

Morning!! Fasting bs was 99 this am, my cat woke me up at 3:30 this morning, the needy furball, so i couldnt get back to sleep, decided not to go to the gym when alarm went off at 5 and then laid there for 30 mins thinking about how much i should go to the gym, so THEN i got up and went lol. Treadmill for 55 mins a 8.5% incline and 3.0 mph.. something like 750 calories. then went and worked on the bat wings a bit and had a protien shake when i got home.. i think soon i will need a nap lol

Hope everyone has an awesome day and weekend!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #171  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good afternoon everyone For me all is swell here got on the scale and it told me I was 262 so close to my last ticker a few months ago will no change it till I get past that 257. Been walking every night this week but wed had to give my legs a rest they get where they jest ache so bad at night.

Doing swell thought have been doing great with my walking and eating . Infact the whole fam has been walking with me . Me and the cousin takes the baby and put her in the stroller and go and everyone else seems to follow to. We usually walk every block of the neighborhood and then some .

Sleep like a baby last night didnt have any back pain so must of been a symptom from mother nature.
I hope everyone is getting ready to have a wonderful weekend. I know I am I will be reading my kindle and laying in the sun when not walking or working out.So till later.....
Old 03-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #172  
Renaissance Woman

Just back from my regular doctor's office. She confirmed for me that my endo has been an @$$ by other patients, so we agreed that he's fired. She went over the notes he had put in my file. Had to do a lot of correcting and clarifications! Idiot!

So, almost a month into the 500 mg Met ER and nothing seems to have changed, so my doctor put me on oral Janumet. Dear lord, it's expensive! Hope it helps me get back on track with cutting calories and losing weight so I can get off it! Yipes!

Got the meds, came home, started reading up on side effects, etc. Suddenly I miss being married. I don't miss the X, I just miss someone being here to tell me I was supported and loved and everything was going to be okay. He never really did that for me. I always had to suck it up or go to another room to fall apart on my own. I really want to fall apart with a bag of salty potato chips right now. But I'll just suck it up and take a nap and go to my girlfriend's later with a box of tissues.

Mic Jagger said it best..."What a drag it is getting old."
Old 03-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #173  

ksails - Congrats to reaching the 99 reading. You did good with the exercise.

Bonnie - Won't be long until you will be down to that 257. Having your family walking with you is great support. You are truly blessed.

Georgia - Glad you got clarification on things and hope the new meds help you.

I forgot to check my FBS today. Just slipped my mind.

Till tomorrow...
Old 03-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #174  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi everyone: I am really pleased today. Its been a crazy busy week and I have stayed within plan pretty well. This is easier for me to do than with Atkins, so I am not trying to make up a "bad" day. I tested a couple of times during the night while working, and bs were 5.3 and 5.8 so no worries. Had a 5 hour sleep this morning, and will go to bed early tonight. It is harder to eat the fresh fruits and veggies when it gets busy, but I am staying within points range rather nicely, and will eat plenty fruit and veggies this weekend.
Not much exercise, so will also do some trail walks and yoga if the crazy busyness is over.
BOnnie I am so pleased you are getting back down after the stress of moving and readjustments. Keep up the good work.
Georgia, hope the doc appt went well, same for Trish.
Glad to see Rie again, missed you, hope you are working well and not overdoing it this weekend.
CHipper, congrats on your loss. We are doing pretty well here. Keep rooting for you.
See you all later
Old 03-31-2012, 02:48 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all!

Fbs at 71 this morning. I went in for my quarterly blood and lab work I see my endo in a couple of weeks. My weight is stable and still above my ticker.

I am playing in a pool tourney this weekend. I played really bad tonight so I am unhappy with myself. I get another chance tomorrow.

Sorry, I will get personals in the morning.

Rie
Old 03-31-2012, 06:41 AM   #176  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just a quick and a to the new folks.

Weight is the same, FBGL is in the right range and my cold is departing. I'm suddenly pretty busy with Spring stuff but will try to remember to start an April Thread tomorrow and close this one.

Happy Saturday!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #177  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Well, March is going out like a lion, both for work (very busy) and weather (new snow after that almost summery weather!) But weight is staying below 170, I will change the ticker after weigh in on Wednesday if that scale agrees.
After visits today I plan a yoga class AND a trail walk with the dog if time permits. THAT will feel GOOD.
Happy end of March to all, Rie good luck in the rest of the tourney and RUth, glad you are feeling better.
hello to everyone else, ttfn
Old 03-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #178  
Renaissance Woman

Good morning Peeps! I slept off my funk after a good evening with friends and I'm ready to get back on the road to health. Took my first Janumet last night. About to take my second. I have a full weekend of work on the computer. Must remember to get out and walk some, laugh some, eat some...

Have a great day!
Old 03-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #179  

A quick flyby this time. My laptop completely gave up on me. Not sure if the kids had anything to do with it or not as I use it a lot. Someone told me laptops don't last like desktop pcs dpo. I ordered a new hard drive from Amazon to replace it. It will be here by the 11th and then DH will have to set it up for me. So will be using his desktop until then. Only problem with that is that it hurts my neck to use it.

DH doctor's appt went well. He goes back to the doc in 2 months. Haven't heard back yet on his blood work.

I ended up gaining 10 lbs getting on IF which I learned in my research sometimes happens, but so far I have lost a lb of that this week. Tomorrow is official WI. I changed my ticker to read the gain because I wanted to count my loss from when I start losing on IF. I've got a mini goal to get to onderland and then set my total goal as well.

Have good evening.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #180  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

New thread for April has been started. I remembered this time!

Here it is http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diab...ml#post4275810
Closed Thread