Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #106  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

short hello, as I go to bed. Will be interesting how my points will play out today. I had a granola bar with my tea on the way to working at 4 am, and then breakfast of yogurt and milk and cereal when I got home, and will have a morning nap. SO my breakfast is quite a few more points than usual.

I am hoping the higher carbs will help me sleep. But will be going low carb rest of the day I think.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #107  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

call came in. my blood work came back normal. he said my liver enzines were back down to where they should be. ***sigh***
Old 02-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Well, weight is back down to where it was the week before so only up by half a lb now. Very happy about that one. My FBS was up 2 pts from yesterday, but I still feel the weight loss is the most important thing. So I'm pleased with how things are going with the weight.

DSIL is home today and will be home the next 2 days on suspension. He is off more than he is working. So I took the opportunity to go window shopping and got in about 2 hours of walking and bought some more fruit and foods for diet. It really felt good to get out. I felt like I was headed for depression and getting out solved that problem.

chipper So glad you got good news about the liver test and all is normal. What a relief.

Lindyloo Sorry to hear that your brother is back in the hospital. Hope he is better soon. Be sure to take care of yourself.

Bonnie So sorry to hear about you sister. Prayers and good vibes coming your way hoping all will go well. You have made such good progress and I hope that you will be able to remember that your health is so important and don't lose any more ground than you have too. I know it is hard but you can do it.

Mad Thanks for the suggestion about eating the bar. Never thought about the carbs at night helping me sleep. I've started taking Valerian Root to help me sleep. Any I have some Fiber Plus bars I bought so I can get enough fiber. After I read your post, I decided to eat one last night before I went to bed with my Metformin. Still had a charlie horse this morning and I'm not sure the Metformin is even helping me, but I will continue using it a little longer and see if it stops. I'm taking a super B-Complex and doc told me that CoQ10 is good for that and I'm taking double what I was taking for a while because I got the wrong one last month. I also found a cross the counter natural med to stop leg cramps, but I know sometimes it take a while for natural to start working. It is the 1st one in a while, but I just don't think that I should be having them at this point, but I could be wrong. DH thinks it means I'm not getting enough potassium. Will continue taking and see what happens.

Ruthie, Rie and others reading

Y'all have a good evening.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #109  
Madeleine

Trish, funny about DSIL and suspension. DOn't know what he does for work, or why this happens, but I have a dear friend whose husband gets fired after a couple of months of work, and this has been happening for 25 years. I just can't imagine someone who doesn't learn from this, but more than anything else, this may be DD reason for needing her own better career, so she can make sure that her family is fed and cared for. Hope you can make it through supporting them for this time.

GOt some sleep but not until afternoon for some reason, hope for a quiet nite to get some more. DH made me a nice supper, and must resist treats tonight, tomorrow eve is weigh in.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #110  
Madeleine

fbs 5.2 today, I didn't have my carby snack, went to be shortly after supper and slept until 630 am. Needed the rest for sure. Having steel cut oats for breakfast, cooked in milk, with berries.
Must get on the treadmill, have been too tired to get much exercise the last couple of days.
SO this is Wednesday, hump day. I have a dinner out for a friend's birthday this evening, but the good news is, is that the dinner will be AFTER my weigh in. So I will feel a bit freer to enjoy some of my weekly points.
Hope everyone has a good day and gets some activity in.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #111  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Still suffering from this blasted heavy cold but I think things are a bit better this morning. I've canceled commitments fro the rest of the week and am going to rest and sip green tea. Weight still the same and FBGL 4.2.

Reading back ... Patty, it may be time to remove the "D" from DSIL! You are such a patient woman. By now I'd have them on the street but I guess you "have to be there". Hugs and strength to you.

Chipper, isn't it good that the liver tests are OK. Why the ** sigh **? Relief?

Mad, when I did WW, I loved it when weigh-in was before an evening event. Actually our group used to go out for Chinese after the meeting.

Bonnie, have we seen a pic of the new short hair? A change always feels good. So sorry about your baby sister's diagnosis.

Diva.

Lindyloo, sorry about your DB and wish him a good recovery this time.

Rie, I must try walk-it-out. Popcorn is one of my addictions too. I can convince myself that the low fat is OK and then put butter on it.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all!

Somehow my post from yesterday disappeared? Well, it wasn't terribly exciting so no real loss. Fbs at 74 this morning. I am taking a day off from working out because my knees are really barking at me. They ached all day yesterday. Not sure why but I am thinking it is because I have been jumping out of the rental truck that I am driving- it doesn't have running boards. Also, I have played a lot of pool the last few days.

Mad, good luck on the weigh in! How are the wedding plans comming along?

Trish, I don't know what else to say. I think the carb+protein snack at bed time is important for me. I also agree about the potassium. When I stopped eating bananas all the time I had to supplement.

Bonnie, sorry about your sister but so glad that it is stage one and uterine, rather than some other types of cancer.

Ruth. Rest well and get better. There is a whole discussion group on WalkitOut on Amazon. I really enjoy it. But then, I like games and walking so it is a win.

Chipper, glad that the liver test was positive.

Sorry to anyone that I missed. Have a great day!

Rie
Old 02-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #113  

A quick flyby this morning. DH has to go for a PT blood draw this morning. He is getting frustrated with our doctor. He hasn't like him for a long time, but we go because I like him. We are back to him wanting a blood stick 4 days before endoscopy which isn't bad and wants him on Lovanox which is too expensive to start with, but I understand that. But he wants him to come in and have it done again the morning of the procedure. Tony doesn't want to drink all that yucky stuff and then be told he can't have it done because the primary says no. The indegestion doc was going to do it anyway, but the primary says no. It is too expensive to take the shots for 4 days (hubby does them himself) and then be told no. So he says he isn't going to have it done. We think we need to see what the hemotologest learns first and then go from there. So may end up going to someone else. A friend at church told me that the Cardiologist that DH saw the first time when his urologist wanted the okay for his prostate surgery is a general practitioner now. Her husband goes to him. We wondered why we never saw him again and got someone new when he had asked if he would take DH as a cardiology patient. So may end up going to him.

I think we are eating at Pizza Hut today and I've already got 2 slices of cheese pizza counted on the WW etools. Got my food planned for the day.

BBL
Old 02-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #114  
Madeleine

did well with supper out, was careful with the food, since we went back to someone's house for cake and ice cream. Yum. COunted the points, and overall had a good day. Also got to yoga this afternoon. Weigh in was fine, continuing downward, but was really hoping to be under 170 for the end of the month. Thats still 3 pounds away, so not too likely, but will keep trucking as it goes.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:10 AM   #115  

Didn't realize it is so late. I'm headed to bed and will probably sleep in tomorrow. I have to get up very early Friday as DSIL works and the other kid's Dad is coming to get them tomorrow night and keep them till Sunday. DGD usually gets the baby up when he gets up, but won't be here.

We ended up not going to Pizza Hut. Went to Huddle House and sorry but I love Country Fried Steak. Not exactly like I used to make when DH#2 was living, but it works and I always eat it when I go there. Watched my pts for the rest of the day and my pts and didn't even have to use and of the other pts. In fact, I still had 2 pts left. That is where WW really helps me.

Mad - There is still one more Wednesday this month so maybe you will be really close to your goal. I think I have to keep closer to the regular pts and not use so many WW or AP. I'm trying using the AP daily instead of my WP this week to see how that works for me. I've read that some people do that so will see how it works out.

Going to bed. BBL
Old 02-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #116  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Patty, you are up too late! Hope you have a good lie-in.

Rie, jumping out of the truck could be the cause of the knee problem. A few weeks ago when mine were so bad, I did the same thing getting out of friend Doug's truck. It didn't hurt at the time but Ouch the next morning.

BGL 3.7 and the ticker is not lying this morning. I've been resting and drinking lots of water this week and seem to have shaken this lousy cold. I've not had this kind of cold for three years and it usually lasts for weeks. I'm hoping rest, water and Vit C have chased it away. Canceling everything this week has really helped, I think. I've not even gone for the mail!

Happy Thursday.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #117  

Just a quick flyby this morning.

Fbs at 79 this morning. I managed 7 hours of sleep after a late night at pool league so I missed my workout this morning. I got my own pickup back from repair last night. It is so much more comfortable and it has running boards so my short little legs can step into it easily.

Sorry no time this morning.... I will try to get back later.

Rie
Old 02-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #118  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

morning ladies....
i am in a slump. the darn scale is moving the wrong way. i know that it happens sometimes. i know all that. it's just a bummer when it happens. i have been faithful with diet/exercise. drinking my water. i have some really sore legs muscles for some reason. i know they will hold water while they repair themselves. i know all this. it's just so frustrating. reread my past weeks of food intake and nothng different. it seems to be after i was sick. which i knew it would happen. you don't eat while sick. than back at it and the pounds find you again. just have to keep plugging away. tried to eat a little more yesterday just to see what happens.
sorry to vent. need to get the housework done and laundry going. i like doing laundry. just the putting away i don't like. everything is so clean. it's already 70* here and suppose to go higher and storms. i think i might open the windows and let some stink out and fresh rain air in.
have a good one.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #119  

I tried several times to get on here yesterday and couldn't. I think 3fc must be having some problems. My enternet worked and I could get to 3fc main page but couldn't open the forum for some reason.

Well I had a binge last night which I haven't had in years. Don't have any idea what was going on. But not going to let that happen again. Too many things going on I guess. I've just got to get a grip so to speak. I may not can control everything, but I sure can control me in the situations. Don't know what to do about the Metformin. Took the whole 1,000 mg at night and FBS was down. This morning was different with the children gone with their Dad this weekend and I forgot to take FBS. But after binge last night maybe I didn't want to. Still had a muscle spasm yesterday but I remember doc saying CoQ10 is supposed to help with that too. So I switched it to take at night so will see how it goes.

chipper Go do something for yourself. Monday night DD came in and told us her hubby was suspended from his job T-W-Th. Although I have experience depression, I don't think I thought of myself as being a depressed person. I felt like I was too overwhelmed and you might say in a slump. So Tuesday I got up dressed and left house. I did this for 2 reasons. 1. I needed to get out because I felt like I just wanted to run away from everything because it was all closing in on me. 2. I want DD and DSIL to know that when they are home they are responsible for the baby. I even used an incident the other day to drop the idea in to DSIL that as a student DD can get child care really cheap, because there are too many doc appts etc that we cannot take him with DH and me. Any way, Tuesday I made it "MY DAY". I just went to Dollar Tree and Walmart and walked around (exercise) and it was good for me. I've done that 2 times this week while he is home because I need to get out. I don't know what you need, but ask yourself and just DO IT. "A THIS IS FOR ME KIND OF THING"

Ruthie - I don't know if I'm a patient woman or not. I just don't want to let him get to me. He gets upset about being Daddy to DD children and how their Daddy pops in and he is the best. But he doesn't really understand that he doesn't act like a daddy with them. I'm a step-mom myself and raised 3 step-children. I spent A LOT of quality time with them everyday. I made sure they never felt like a step-child. These kids spend time with their mother when they can. Example, when she is home, they may spend the whole day with her and as soon as he comes home they have to leave the room and come downstairs. It appears to me that when he is home he doesn't want them around unless it is a planned hour at the table or a couple of hours watching a movie on tv. That is not building a daddy relationship with them. My problem was the opposite with my kids because I loved having them around me all the time. I know I was wierd.

Rie, Mad, Lindyloo, Bonnie, Diva and all Everyone have a great day.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #120  

Hello all.

fbs at 80 this morning. I am frustrated with the scale because it is not moving! GRRR. There is a little girl inside me that says that "If I do what I am supposed to, the scale should reward me!" LOL Oh well.

Trish, hang in there. I am glad that you can come here and vent about your situation. Remember that if you parent while either adult is home, they will let you.

Ruth, I hope that you are feeling better. I am in another round of this darn cold. I haven't been able to totally shake it since the holidays. A few days of feeling better, then sick, repeat. Many of my friends are in the same boat.

Chipper. I think the smell of rain-freshened air is a good cure for many things. I hope things get better.

Mad, you are sure doing well with the WW. It is tough to manage everything and keep up with responsibilities, don't you think?

Off to work.

Rie
Closed Thread