Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Sorry I didn't get back yesterday. Was going to post, but never had the chance. DH had an afternoon appt. I talked to doc about Hubby getting a prescription for oxygen. He couldn't check if he needed it because DH heart rate was high but it wouldn't be accurate because Tony hadn't taken his meds to slow down his heart. Did CBC blood work and although he has been on iron for a month he was still where he was a month ago. We see blood doc tomorrow and primary says the blood doc needs to find out if Tony's body isn't obsorbing iron. Also says DH may have to up his heart meds to slow the heart down and he thinks he must be leaking blood somewhere although they haven't found where yet. He hopes the digestive doc will be able to tell us something when he does the endoscopy next Wednesday. We go back in a month.

I thought my eating was horrible yesterday, but when I checked my WW points, I had used a lot of Weekly Pts (Mad are they called Flex Pts now?) but not all of them. So I'm good and the nice thing is that what I've been reading in IE, one meal or even one day off isn't going destroy everything. I got up and weighed the same as yesterday. Eating is reall great and on track today.

Mad - I love the new WW plan. I am blessed to love veggies and fruits which makes nice snacks. Seems odd though to plan meals around fruit and veggies instead of around meat. CONGRATULATION!!! On your progress, weight loss and goals.

Rie - Some things didn't change but they do seem to be more respectful. I think the fact that DH demanded it is what has made the difference. I found a note from oldest DGD with a bowl that said she hadn't had time to wash the bowl and leave it and she would wash it when she got home. Of course, I know that if she had time to write a note that she had time to wash it, but I appreciated the fact that she had taken the time to write it. Also she had not walked the dog and I'm sure that part of the note was for her step-dad. I got home from doc office and he was in the living room and watching our tv which he has done before. However, this time he told me I could change it if I wanted and he later asked if I wanted to watch something else. I didn't and told him he could watch it. So those are major changes. Rie, I sure hope your FBS comes back down. Sorry about the virus.

Ruthie, Bonnie, Chipper, Lindyloo and others reading.

Y'all have a great evening.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #47  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

sorry, even though I am new to ww, I am using old terms, I guess because they make sense to me. They are called weekly points now, (as opposed to daily) but flex makes sense to me, since they give me flexibility. Either way, they are nice since they mean I don't cheat, but am being flexible. Just a walk today, but better than nothing.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
sorry, even though I am new to ww, I am using old terms, I guess because they make sense to me. They are called weekly points now, (as opposed to daily) but flex makes sense to me, since they give me flexibility. Either way, they are nice since they mean I don't cheat, but am being flexible. Just a walk today, but better than nothing.
That's okay. I actually like the term Flex for those points myself. I just wondered if they had changed the term. I like the Flexibility too. I agree that it is nice to have them so we don't cheat. I've used them more this week than usual and plan to go back to using less although I've heard WW says use them.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #49  
Madeleine

trish: I use extra points usually, and losing well. I think the daily points (at least for me, I am at the minimum) don't add up to many calories. Depending on the fruit and veggie intake, I am set up for about 1300 cal/day, and could be losing on 1500-1700, so I am using my points. On the ww thread, some use activity points first, so they have to "earn" them. Not a bad idea either.
I haven't used all my weeklies yet, but 26 seldom leaves me satisfied. I did just stick to 26 on Monday and Tuesday, after the party weekend where I went high on points for 2 days. The good thing was the points were counted, and 2 days of low points DID make up for it, unlike a wild binge where we aren't even noticing or counting what we ate, and go so far over it takes 2 weeks of low cals to be able to make it up.
I can always lower the points if I need to when I stall.
To not starve on 26 points I had lots of wintery veggies so on the old plan, I was probably still getting plenty of points.
this am fbs was 5.8, though it was only 7 hours from my bedtime snack.
Had a late night after a delivery, and out to check on the next mama this morning, and see all this weeks babies too.
Have a good weekend friends, looks like I will be busy. Kids are going to come next weekend for the long weekend instead of this one. great.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all!

fbs at 82 this morning. I am headed to Wyoming for a big pool tournament so I will be offline for a couple of days.

Trish, I hope you get the oxygen situation straightened out with Tony. Good job of eating right while unders stress.

Mad, I am so glad that ww is working for you.

I hope that everyone else is well and happy over the weekend.

Rie
Old 02-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #51  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Good Morning.

Decided to start my spring cleaning today. We have only been in this house about three months but I brought everything with me from the old house. Time to get rid of it all. Doing one room at a time and staying there until all the clutter is gone.

Congrats Mad on the weight loss. WW seems to be working for you.

Finally got the health region in the northern part of the province where one of my brothers is, to agree to transfer him to where I am. Hoping this will happen soon.

Have a great day all.

Last edited by Lindyloo; 02-10-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #52  

Lindyloo - I loved it when we moved into our new house, but it seemed to take forever to get things unpacked and put away. Good luck getting everything put away.

Rie - Have fun at the tournament.

Mad - Before they changed the basic pts to 26 in Dec at WW, I ate the 29 pts. and I have to say that I was more satisfied than with the 26 and I didn't need the Weekly. I've never used the Activity. I like using those for any errors I might have made. I heard on one of the threads, not sure if 3fc or WW, that each pt is equaly to 40 calories. When shopping, I can divide the calories by 40 and figure out how many pts are in the food. So far it has worked. If you take the 40 calories an multiply it by the 26 pts, it's 1040 calories. I get 49 weekly pts so if I used them all that would averaage to an daily average of about 1200 calls with both. So I can see how I would still lose weight. And like you say when you add the fruits and veggies we probably do get around 1500 calories a day.

DH went to the hemotologist. He told us the many different things that could be happening to his blood. He is a blood/cancer doctor and he said that the blood is his the part of his job that he absolutely loves. He loves to take a challenge like Tony's and solve it and that he will get to the bottom of the problem. I asked him if it was fixable and he said he always has good results. I pray that will be true this time. At least we finally have someone who knows how to go about finding the answers. I look forward to my DH feeling good again.

Nothing really special planned for the weekend here. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #53  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! All this WW talk has me reeling and darned glad South Beach is so simple once you get the hang of it.

I'm getting organized for a family weekend in Ottawa which is going to be an eating challenge: brunch with my son and his family tomorrow morning followed by dinner out with my sister and cousin in the evening. Then breakfast in a trendy local restaurant Saturday morning. I really should have been more careful today but did end up at the frassing Chinese Buffet in town when I bumped into old friend Morna whom I've not seen for ages.

I keep telling myself friends and family are more important than weightloss but I really want both!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #54  
Madeleine

Default whoosh!

dropped 2 pounds! Very exciting. heading out the door for work, but had to post.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
dropped 2 pounds! Very exciting. heading out the door for work, but had to post.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Mad on the 2 lb loss.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #56  

WI today and it was the same. Only surprise there is that it was the same and not a gain. Whew!!! Thinking I have to go strict WW and not worry about the IE right now although I can use the part of IE that WW suggests such as eat when hungry and stop when satisfied. They also have a lot of other good tips that I plan to implement.

Is anyone else having problems with 3fc? Some places I can't post on and even here the cursor bounces around. Makes it difficult to type. Hope they can correct this. Really wierd.

Have a great Sunday.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #57  
Come on Spring!

Back from a pretty fun and fabulous weekend in the City. I think i may have done OK on food. We'll see when I brave the scale tomorrow morning!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #58  
Come on Spring!

Good morning.

Survived a fairly decadent weekend with no scale change. FBGL 3.4 so things are good. Now to keep the rest of the week in control.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #59  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

just popping in real quick. endro appt today. me and chicken noodle soup are going to become friends the next few days. haven't been this sick in years. thank you hubby, daughter, granddaughter. lady at goodwill. i wanted a reason to stay in bed and curled up on the couch. but, forgot what it's like to have to sleep with your mouth open because you can't breath. what was i thinking????? off to the long drive to the doctors now. at least 20 miles away.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #60  
Madeleine

Ruth: glad you had a fun wkend, and No wt gain, so you stayed on plan and on target. I also had no gains, inspite of all nighters, long days, odd eating times, and no control over what food. I was able to stick to plan by figuring out how much I could eat of what I could get. Managed not to be hungry, and stayed within points allowances.
fbs 5.1 today, so am doing ok.
have a good day, chickies!
Closed Thread