Old 12-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #1  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default Dr. Bernstein diet?

Has anyone done this diet with injections etc? How did it go? were you hungry?
It sounds crazy expensive, is it worth it? Did you keep the weight off afterward?
I have 2 options in my town, there is a Bernstein clinic and a competitor, former partner of his. My weight loss has been very slow, and I want to lose significant weight in the next 6 months.
I wouldn't go so low cal without supervision. I a pretty sure I have read that some people have done this.
thanks
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

I hope you were able to find an altenative for Bernstein. I went to him for a couple of weeks on but he fired me because I wanted to exercise while following his program. He told me that his program doesn't allow enough calories to exercise. Many of my coworkers lost amazing amounts of weight in a very short amount of time but every sngle person gained it all back plus some when they went off the diet.
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

NOra: I am doing weight watchers. I had been doing atkins, with some initial success, and liked how I could control my blood sugar so well with diet, but wasn't losing more weight. I want to lose more weight. I am finding ww quite flexible, and avoid having too many grains, but eat a bit of that, and so far the sugars are ok. I am testing more right now, since this is a big switch, but sugars are fine. They weren't when I tried a ww diet shortly after diagnosis, but it had more grains than what I am choosing now. The grains really cause me to spike my sugars, so as long as I have only a little, I do better.
Thanks for the input.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote