Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

fbs at 80 this morning. I got in an hour of walkitout and I am headed off to work. I discovered this morning that I am out of apples so I had to improvise on breakfast. Once again, I discover that I am such a creature of habit....

Yesterday afternoon was a little hard as my ds made pumpkin bread. The smell was wafting through the house. I considered a slice until I decided that the 35 carbs would be my alotment for supper and part of my evening snack - not worth it! Grrr.

Ruth, it sounds like you have a great plan for the trip. You will be great on the road and you will have such a wonderful time!

Fatmad, good job on the water. It is a struggle but I think our bodies function so much better. I sometimes think that my "thirst meter" is broke because I seldom want the water. I sure feel better when I get it in, though. Sometimes I think that my early years spent out in the fields without a potty led to bad habits. When you know that you aren't near facilities for 4 - 5 hours at a time, you drink less.

Trish, I think that any plan that provides some structure is good when you are struggling. WW offers structure with lots of flexibility. With your busy schedule, think about some tools to help you. I LOVE my apple slicer correr thingy - whoosh and I have perfect apple slices. I try to keep celery stalks washed and cut in the fridge along with string cheese, and low fat/sugar yogurt. Cheap and quick. Good luck

Bonnie, How ya doing girlie?

Chipper, way to go on the excercise! I have a plan this week, too. I think the excercise will be the good thing that I will do for myself in a week with some indulgences.

BBL

Rie
Old 11-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #122  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey everyone jest checking in before I head out to my my DD to the dentist she has to get a few things done . OK so I changed my weight ticker thing I was kinda board sat night so I started doing walk it out and finally stopped two hours later ( Rie I never did find the Air balloon thing may be not unlocked enough things yet) So I felt pretty good My daughter decided to do it too then she put in her Just Dance I cant do that thing it is too confusing..

So I must be running I will be back later...
Old 11-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 209/157.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly50 View Post
No I use the wii remote and the numb chuck You hold the wii remote and put the chuck on your pocket.

Here is the link for amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Walk-Out-Ninte...1466212&sr=8-1

You can scroll to the bottom and read what everyone post about the game.

Rie How do you modify the playlist ? I hate the slow songs !!!
Thank you so much. I am looking into getting it.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #124  

Hope everyone is having a great start of the week. I didn't have a great weekend - my evening eating is just out of control right now. Don't know why or how to stop it. I need a reboot! Hoping that getting back into the work routine will help.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #125  

Bonnie, at the top of lookout mountain, there is a suspension bridge that you have to build. The next day there is a place to build the airship or blimp. It is also on the walkitout forum. Just worth building because it will be there every day after you build it.

Connie, every day is a new day.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #126  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hey all:
Had a few days where the hives were a bit better but they are bad again yesterday and today.
Hope everyone is doing well, it looks good from reading the posts.
Weight is down to 177, (high of 181 after poor eating for a month).
And a weird thing happened, a period started. Just when I thought I was really ready for menopause. I guess I will be 51, not 50 when I am finally, officially in menopause. I haven't had a "real" period for about 6 months, only had some spotting in August .
I have been cooking up a storm. THe weekend was too busy for much cooking, but I am going away for a 2 day meeting, so making mostly my own food.
low carb shepherds pie, custard, celeriac soup, low carb "potato" salad. Had to make my own Mayo for it, as mayo usually has lemon juice, and I am now allergic to it.
Whew, gotta go clean the kitchen!
ttfn
Old 11-22-2011, 05:25 AM   #127  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Outta here shortly. I've got sliced apples and cheese for snacks. See y'all later if I hit a PC on my travels.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:32 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Outta here shortly. I've got sliced apples and cheese for snacks. See y'all later if I hit a PC on my travels.
You have a very safe trip, Ruthie and a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Hope you get this before you leave.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #129  

A quick flyby. I will check back later. Have 2 pretty good eating days. Y'all have a great Tuesday!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #130  

Good morning!

fbs at 84 this morning and I am happy about that. Last night at pool league I realized that I did not have my metformin with me (for the first time in more than a year.) I was afraid to eat but I was starving. I had picked up some deli salad and a few shrimp for my supper. I ate and did my pool league, getting home at 10pm. Fearfully, I checked my bs and it was only 93! Yay

Fatmad, I am so sorry that your hives are raging again. Cooking your own food really seems like a good plan.

Ruthie, drive safe! Sliced apples paired with protein are my fav. road snack.

Trish, Bonnie, and everyone, I will check back in later.

Rie
Old 11-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #131  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
Good morning!

fbs at 84 this morning and I am happy about that. Last night at pool league I realized that I did not have my metformin with me (for the first time in more than a year.) I was afraid to eat but I was starving. I had picked up some deli salad and a few shrimp for my supper. I ate and did my pool league, getting home at 10pm. Fearfully, I checked my bs and it was only 93! Yay

T

Rie

Rie: just go ahead and eat reasonably when this happens, then take the metformin when you get home. The Metformin doesn't work immediately as you eat, as some meds do. It is a long term moderating influence, so exact timing isn't as important, and a little later is fine. Metformin works on many levels in many ways, and even medicine doesn't understand it fully.
I think if you check out wikipedia or another good source, you well get a better picture.

madeleine
Old 11-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #132  

Oh thanks Madeleine!

I really appreciate your help. I know that I need to find balance here between responsible self care and not freaking out at every little slip. It is helpful to know that what I did was ok.

Rie
Old 11-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #133  

I'm sure everyone here in the USA is busy getting ready for Thanksgiving. I plan to go to the store in the morning as I get senior citizens discount on Wednesday. I'm making my cornbread dressing after all since family wants it too. That and a nobake cheesecake and cook the turkey. DD is doing the rest. Today wasn't my best OP day but tomorrow is another day and I'll just keep working at it. Not going to give up.

Rie, Bonnie, Fatmad, Slmn and everyone else - Have a great Wednesday!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #134  

I just found a group on another low carb site and found a group on there who combines Weight Watcher's Plus Pts with low carbing. Too tired to read a lot of it... some of them use the full fat and some don't, but I it seems to be a great idea and it is working for them. Interesting to say the least.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #135  

Finally had the weight loss breakthrough I have been waiting for. 159.5 this morning! I have been struggling at 160 for a couple of months, so was happy to finally break through! Have had a couple of really good "on Program" days and great exercise days. Give me extra motivation to get through tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is having a great day!
Closed Thread