Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #106  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Trish I am doing good all we got was some lighting and some rain and lots of thunder other then that we didn't have anything here. Don't feel bad I got dish and I get Columbia locals so I have a antenna for the locals.

Didn't work out today had to go to the ENT Dr today with the hubby. He says he has to have surgery so were planning after the first of the year. Come to find out he can't breath out of his left side of his nose . This explains why he snores so bad.

I hope all is going well I have to run to the store will check back later.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

fbs at 80 this morning. I ate fiber one and flax with almond milk before working out and I did well. A little over 2 hours and 20,000 steps of walkitout. It was so nice to know that I wasn't limited by the clock, needing to get ready for work.

Bonnie, sorry to hear about your husband but it will help him sleep better to solve that problem.... I meant to ask you, did you find the airship yet? Open all the routes on lookout mountain, including the suspension bridge at the top. Then go back the next day and you can build an airship or blimp. Then every day after that it will be floating over your head as you walk. Pretty cool. Today I used the magical clock (have you done that yet?) and walked at 7pm. It was fun.

I have already commented on everyone else so I will check back later..

Rie
Old 11-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #108  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie post on yet another over-booked day but I just have to tell someone that my doctor kissed me! My boodwork was fantastic and I now finally have a HA1C in the normal range for non-diabetic patients! It's taken since 1998 but it's finally happened. Normal range is .040 to .060 and I'm .058, just in the top end of the range.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #109  

Ruth!

Way to go! I would kiss you toooooo!

Rie
Old 11-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #110  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
Good morning!

fbs at 78 this morning so I had 1/2c fiber one with flax and 1/2c almond milk. It seemed to me that I had better energy Maybe I am trying to work out on too low of a bs in the morning? I don't know. I used to have a snack first but my bs goes so high when I work out that it concerns me. I need to do some research on this...

Rie
Rie: don't check your bs for at least 2-4 hours after a workout. It will be high. Its ok. There is stored glucose being released to feed muscles and our systems are a bit sluggish to utilize it, with the diabetes. It gets better as we get more fit and lose weight, but in general is a normal response to exercise. But a light snack in the morning before working out is usually a fine thing, and if you have more energy, go for it. Sounds like a healthy meal.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:49 AM   #111  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Rie No I have not did the air ship yet I have 100 % of the map open and I spent yesterday at the Light house Building homes Only waled threw the mountain once. I will have to check it out today when I get on it. No I didnt know you could change the time like that I will have to try it. I got half the music now . I did go in and remove the slow songs.

So I went and hopped on the scale this am and it said I was 257.0 So I was like wow I weighed in last week and I was 262.5 But I have been walking it out at least 1 1/2 to 2 hrs a day. I also gave up nibbling on pecans . Things here are petty tight here with Thanks-given coming that I dont have alot of extras like I am used to either so I think that helped me out. I needed that I swear.... That make me at 44.5 pounds now I am gonna work my butt off . I have planned a better dinner this year it is whole sweet potatoes not sweet potato casserole and I am making the Biggest looser Version of stuffing it is made of home made corn bread. I also am making pecan and pumpkin pie the sugars will be replaced with Splenda The mac and cheese will be made with wheat pasta. My family doesn't mind they will all enjoy it... My son even helped me look for healthier version of recipes . I only plann on eating a small amount of stuff but wanted to make it better as a family.. I hope it works out well..

I hope everyone has a happy holiday week coming I know I will be very busy.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #112  

Hello All!

This morning everything is covered with a couple inches of powdery snow. I was thinking of going out for a bundled up walk but I was afraid it might be slippery and I don't need an injury at this point. So, I did 90 minutes of walkitout.

Yay Bonnie! You are doing so well. Your Thanksgiving menu sounds delish and I am so glad that your family is supporting you. I am mostly making our traditional favorites but we are adding veggie dishes: roasted veggies and a large green salad. I have two cousins who are on IP so it will work for them as well. I am going to just have really small portions of the other stuff.

Fatmad, thank you so much for your explanation. My doc has simply told me to "not worry about it" and instructed me to stop testing after excercise. All the diabetes sites talk about low bs during excercise. I kept trying to find the right combo that would work so I will stop now. I do have a rule for myself that if my fbs is under 85 that I eat something small/healthy/carb before working out. I have crashed a couple times when I didn't.

I hope that everyone else is having a good saturday. I plan to finish up some laundry and then I have a birthday party to attend tonight.

Rie
Old 11-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #113  
Madeleine

Hey all> Just a quick flyby, we are having a very busy weekend. I am sticking well to plan, although scale is the same. bs ok too. but some late nights, early mornings etc could affect things. will just keep on keeping on. I am finding the most difficult thing is getting enough water. I did well the first bit, but am finding that hard now. taking water jugs with me when I go out to work. Have to remember to use them!
Old 11-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Just a quick flyby to say hello. From what I read y'all are doing great. I've had a busy few days and eating has been good off and on. Good thing is that I went to the dollar store to get a few things and picked up some candy then turned around put it back as I said to myself... I can't eat that stuff. Checked out and drove over to Wal-Mart and to get some onions and bought me some grapefruit. I felt that was an accomplishment.

Ruthie - Congrats on the normal bs.

Bonnie - Congrats on the weight loss.

Rie and Fatmad and everyone else

Have a great week end. Catch y'all Monday
Old 11-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #115  
Come on Spring!

Wow, Bonnie. You have done so well. I remember how discouraged you were when we first met. It's time to change your ticker and your other profile weight.

Yesterday was a difficult day which started out badly with a trip and fall in the lane. No major injuries except a fat upper lip and scratched glasses but it was scary because I blanked out for a bit. Luckily Donna was here cleaning and got me patted back together. Today I am going to stick around home and heal up.

Despite all the pre-Christmas festivities in the Village, I've managed to avoid the church suppers, hot chocolate and other snacks. FBGL was 5 again this morning. It's been running like that all week which is not my usual. I am wondering if cutting down the glyburide was a good idea despite my good HA1C. I won't mess around with any more changes until I get back from my PA trip next week.

I am driving to PA, rather than flying, which means I can take along on-plan snacks and avoid restaurant temptations. I am staying in Allentown Tuesday night and meeting a friend for dinner but she suggested a seafood restaurant so that should be OK. My hostess in PA is a South Beacher so food will be fine there.

I'm babbling so had better grab some breakfast and crank up the day.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #116  

Hello Everyone!

fbs at 82 this morning and I did 2 hours of walkitout. Little gs begged to get on it after I was finished and he actually did about 15 minutes. Pretty good for a 4yr old

I have been eating well despite attending a birthday party last night and increasing social obligations. Bs has been stable, on the verge of low

Ruth, I hope that you are better. Did you say that you tripped on something? I think we need to wrap you in bubble wrap these days! Maybe it would be a good idea to leave the meds the way they are for traveling? When do you leave on your trip?

Trish, good job on the candy. Grapefruit is a much better choice!

Fatmad, I struggle with the water intake, also. I try for 64 oz per day. It seems like I do better if I include water intake in my tracker. I guess I just need accountability - even to myself.

Bonnie, change your signature and tracker, girl! You gotta take credit for every pound that you have lost!

Everyone else, I will check back later.

Rie
Old 11-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Another quick flyby. I've had a good day, busy but a good resting and eating day. I got up and decided that it is time to take control. Not joining Weight Watchers, but I'm going to us the new WW plan. I don't eat enough fruits and veggies and fall back on quick stuff and on the new WW plan they get most of them as freebies. If I don't join then I can eat the plan I want to play and use WW pts to limit calories. I have to say that it really feels good to feel like I actually have control again. I realize that I'm just not willing to give up and lose my health.

Ruthie - You have a safe trip to PA.

Rie, Fatmad, Bonnie and everyone else
Old 11-20-2011, 11:01 PM   #118  
Madeleine

Trish< I agree, having a set menu can be helpful. I am going with the atkins menu, but being told is helpful. Have been doing better with water today.

Hello all. I agree, Bonnie is doing awesome, ticker fun time.!
Old 11-21-2011, 06:28 AM   #119  
Come on Spring!

Good Monday morning on a jam-packed day. I am slowly recovering. By the way, I suspect I tripped on a stick lying under the leaves in the lane. They should have been raked up two weeks ago but ...

FBGL is still running a bit high for me - 5.3 average or 95.4 - but I definitely won't change my meds while I'm away. I will test and record though. Some of it could be body stress from the whoosh which seems to be over, alas!

Tomorrow is travel day and could be a tad stressful. (Funny but I've driven in Europe and even the UK but American highways freak me a bit. Six lanes is excessive!) I have healthy snacks planned, lots of water already in the car and plan to take rest and walkabout breaks frequently. So silly because the drive straight through is only 7½ hours!

While I'm away, I may get a chance to check in - don't have or want a lap-top - if I can remember my password for 3FC. It's been a while since I logged out!

Wishing us all a good and healthy week.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #120  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

quickie drive by for me. i will be back this afternoon and ready and post.
just got back from a 2 1/2 mile run/walk. such a beautiful morning out. have my exercise planned for the week. and the menu for thursday is plan and simple, just Dh and i with my great nephew from the base at shaw just north of us.
later
Closed Thread