Old 10-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 209/157.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, I let the stress get to me last evening. Ate things I have no business eating. Was on the road all evening, topping it off with a visit to my 78 yr old mother who is in the hospital with unspecified illness. That did me in!

I am back on program today. Hoping to do a visit to the gym this evening to see what they have.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Connie
suttercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Connie - My husband isn't much on chocolate, but he likes to have it in the house and have a piece once in a while. I'm the one who will dig into the bag once it's open and not stop til it's gone. LOL So I have to put my foot down on what and when we buy it, and really have to have discipline.

Trish - I agree with your doctor that any diet will work if you stick with it. But you have to think long term....can I do this for the rest of my life? Because if you can't, you will eventually gain back everything you have lost, and I think that's worse than not losing it at all. It HAS to be a lifestyle change to maintain.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #123  

Rie - I have been eating those Gala apples with and without the peanut butter. They are soooo good! Last night I had one and it was so good I had another. DH told me not to, but I didn't listen. I will never eat 2 apples again. It was not pretty! LOL
Old 10-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmn11 View Post
Trish - I agree with your doctor that any diet will work if you stick with it. But you have to think long term....can I do this for the rest of my life? Because if you can't, you will eventually gain back everything you have lost, and I think that's worse than not losing it at all. It HAS to be a lifestyle change to maintain.
I agree 100%. That's why I don't really want to think of the way I eat as a diet; I prefer it to be a lifestyle way of eating. Still learning how to do that as I think that is the only way that it will work for me. I'm always thinking of a "diet" as something to correct things like I did when I first was diagnosed diabetic 2 and even the second time. I can "diet" long enough to correct it, my problem has been staying there to keep it corrected. This is what I'm seeking to learn now... how to get down there by changing "habits" to healthier ways of eating that will become a lifestyle for me instead of just going on another "diet". Takes a little longer, but hopefully will last a lifetime rather than temporary.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #125  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey Ladies I hope to find all you guys doing well. Right now I have a tooth ache. I bit down on some broccoli and now it hurts.

Done well today I did a 4 mile watp. Otherwise all is doing good here.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:03 AM   #126  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Bummer on the tooth, Bonnie. I hope it's better today. It's ironic that it should grieve you when you are eating something as healthy as broccoli!

BGL is OK this morning but weight is stuck. I was pretty "pure" yesterday although I did have a Scotch with my friend Art who brought me apples (Cortlands) from his orchard. The H. candy stayed in the trunk. The liquorice cigars were calling my name so I threw the whole bag into the trash - the kids will never miss them and they encourage smoking anyhow!

Raising my coffee mug to another day of the battle.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #127  

Good Morning Chickies.

Ruthie You hit it right on the head... this is a battle. I thought I did pretty good yesterday but ended up with a too carby day. FBS was higher than it has ever been. Think I need to do low carb for a few days. I bought some nut clusters that I eat and I think the kiddies are going to get those. Nice thing about having the grands living with us. What I find is a problem for me I can pass them on.

Bonnie Sorry about the toothache... that is no fun. Hope you get better soon.

Fatmad and Rie Hope y'all are getting better.

Busy day today. Today is DD last full week day off from school as she goes to a new schedule next week. Seems they change every 5 weeks. She wants to go eat at our favorite place Long John Silvers so we are taking her out to eat and then headed for Sam's to pick up a few things.

Everybody else

Have a good Friday!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:02 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello All!

fbs at 80 this morning. I was able to do walkitout for an hour this morning and I feel pretty good from working out. Still not completely well but I really wanted to work out.

It sounds like the changes in our drug coverage might mean that they will not pay for my Januvia anymore. Apparently, some statistical analysis somewhere determined that Januvia is not a good medication from a cost/benefit perspective. The fact that my blood sugar is so under control will probably mean that my dr can't make a good case that I need it. WTH??? Well, we will see. How frustrating.

Today I have lots of paperwork to do and I need to get my halloween costume nailed down. We have a traditional pool tourney at halloween that I run every year called the "Broomstick Tourney" where you actually play with a broom, not a cue. That is tomorrow night and I am looking forward to it!

Bonnie, so sorry about your tooth! I hate dental stuff and I am a big baby about my teeth.

Trish, I agree, it is a battle. Actually, a war with lots of battles - large and small. Hang in there and enjoy long john silvers. I used to love that place.

Ruth, I have come to the conclusion that judicious amounts of alchohol are an important part of life and we should indulge in the spirit of friendship!And after all, you got apples out of the deal....

Carol, LOL on the apples. Yup. You gotta watch out! Tee Hee

I hope everyone else is well. BBL

Rie
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #129  
Bonnie

Tooth is still hurting today. I told my hubby that I miles well face it I need to get it pulled . Had problems with it a few month ago. Now finding the money to have it done.

Things are good here food is going well Had some tuna for lunch with some homemade baked corn tortillia chips.

Rie For my workout today I did the zumba OMG I did the traning on all the steps and then a about 15 min workout and I was drenched with sweat when I was done I will be doing it again this time with the whole workout it is def a step up from the walking away the pounds Dvd's I was doing. But I feel good cause I did that much DD was upset cause I can do it better then she does. But she will get them soon.

I will check back later.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:41 AM   #130  

It's snowing pretty good here. Big wet flakes. We're supposed to get 1-3 inches in my area, but it probably won't stay long. So far the roads are just wet but the porches and yard are covered. This is early for us.

This morning my fbs was so high I won't even tell you guys what it was!! I found out early into my diagnosis that pizza is horrible for me, so I rarely eat it, and if I do, it's just a tiny tiny slice of my husband's just to get a taste. Yesterday he got a pizza and I ate it for my meal instead of just a taste. I didn't actually forget what it does to my bs, but I seem to have put that in the back of my mind. Well I got the shock of all shocks this morning and I won't be doing that again. It will be a carb free day for me today. I wonder how long it will take to get back down to a reasonable reading. I will be checking it all day!

Bonnie-I hope your tooth feels better or you can get it taken care of. Tooth aches are no fun.

Rie - Maybe your doctor can switch you to another med that will work as well as the Januvia. It's a shame you have to do that, though, when it's working so well for you. Your reading are just about perfect.

Trish - I am the same way with staying on program. I want to make it a lifestyle change forever, but my body has a hard time with that.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #131  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mine was a bit high this morning too at 6.4 or 111.6 and I know why! It wasn't anything as yummy as pizza but some below par cookies from the last bake sale. I should have pitched them rather than stash them in the freezer.

I'm not sure what's going on with me lately but I seem to get this compulsion to eat sweets. Not good at all! I am still taking my meds properly but ...

Anyhow, I'm feeling back on track this morning and just had a yummy grapefruit for breakfast. Now I WILL do some treadmill. This may be the first month I've gained weight in a long time!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Mine was a bit high this morning too at 6.4 or 111.6 and I know why! It wasn't anything as yummy as pizza but some below par cookies from the last bake sale. I should have pitched them rather than stash them in the freezer.

I'm not sure what's going on with me lately but I seem to get this compulsion to eat sweets. Not good at all! I am still taking my meds properly but ...

Anyhow, I'm feeling back on track this morning and just had a yummy grapefruit for breakfast. Now I WILL do some treadmill. This may be the first month I've gained weight in a long time!
I am not much of a sweet eater, except for chocolate candy. I bake hundreds of cookies for Christmas, but they are mostly passed out among family and friends. I eat a few....I have to make sure they're good so no one else gets sick! LOL But my problem is with bread and pasta type foods. Not only do they raise my blood sugar and hinder my weight loss, but they are trigger foods that make me overeat. I would be ok if I could limit my portions, but I could polish off a loaf of home-made bread or italian bread with butter in a day. It's something that once I start I can't stop.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 10-29-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all!

fbs at 85 this morning. I did 2 hours of walkitout for over 18,800 steps. I was having fun. Of course I have learned how to blow my nose while marching in place to the beat of the music - LOL darn cold! I am sure that will be a valuable skill sometime in the future.

Bonnie, I hope that the tooth situation is taken care of soon! You sold me - I am going to order zumba today.

Ruth, are there any portion controlled sweets that you could eat? I do well with tiny amounts of dark chocolate or sweet protein type bars. Hang in there.

Carol, I have not found a way to eat pizza, except a little thin crust and I don't eat the crust - my favorite part!: We recently had a family party at old chicago pizza and I stuffed myself on a spinach and artichoke appetizer and let the pizza go by. Everyone remarked on it but I thought I got the better deal. I hope that I can get the medication part figured out.

Fatmad, Trish, and others.... Have a great Saturday. I am off to finalize my costume. (I am going as a wall street occupier. Tee Hee)

Rie(
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #134  
Bonnie

Thanks Everyone I will be getting my tooth pulled Monday I jest cant stand the pain any more I was up half of last night almost in tears it was so bad. I have been trying to eat and stay on plan. I had some tuna for lunch and when I was done I had the worst pain and it felt weird. I to the bathroom and checked and something must of burst cause blood was comming out the hole in my tooth . I rinsed with water till it was clear. The good thing is The major pain is gone I am still hurting but it not like what I have been having.

I added it up and to loose 30 pounds in 3 moths I need to loose 2.5 pounds a week and I have met this goal this week. I am at 265 now . I didnt work out today and will be taking it easy till I get over this tooth . I worked out yesturday and did the zumba and I could feel my pulse in my tooth and it made it hurt that much worst.

I will be checking in tomorrow and see how things are and hope I have a better night tonight.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #135  

Just checking in to say I had a pretty good day today. Headed to bed soon as I have to get oldest DGS to the church office at 7:30 am to help setup for church at the high school. Will probably stay up as I usually get up at that time to get ready for church.

Bonnie Glad you are going to get that tooth pulled. CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.