Old 10-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 288/188/130

Height: 5" 5'

Thanx everyone for the support. I know 1.5 lbs isn't a lot but I feel like a bit of a failure. It upsets me that I can't control my sugars and my weight. I know the only way to get good control is to lose weight. So weight gain feels completely wrong. I think I might be a control freak lol

Pattygirl I often wake up early. I usually get up and do something practical like ironing. It gives me a sense of achievement and it's 1 less job to do later. I am usually in bed by 10 pm though, probably why I wake up early.

Ruth cream of cauliflower sounds great and soup is always good on the run up to Halloween. I make Chicken and Chorizo with Cannalenni beans and curly kale. It's fab and really fills you up. My family love it.

Bonnie. Groceries are becoming really expensive. We have seen an increase of about 20% over the last 4 months or so. Salaries don't seem to be matching the increases. Utility bills have just increase by 12 - 15 % as well. If things don't improve soon I think my family is going to start struggling. Good job we have stopped smoking after all.

Lindyloo I love moving house. It's a great excuse to get rid of all the stuff you don't use anymore. It can be quite stressful though but nice when it's all over

I
JingerBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #17  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi everyone, Happy October. Have been reading to catch up.
Sugars are ok, and am staying on food plan. Resisted temptation pretty well lately, and weight is steady.
Jinger, I haven't lost weight in over a year. I am glad to be steady and not gaining, but really, I feel like I have been so good over time that I should be losing. I am trying induction again for a bit, even with Thanksgiving (CDN) next weekend, to try to get below 170 before my 50th. So don't feel bad about weight fluctuations, they happen, and just work on staying on plan.

I also did something for myself that is a little flaky. If you have ever heard of "bodytalk", it is a healing therapy where the practioner redirects negative energies through the meridians, (like the accupuncture meridians). I am not sure I believe in the therapy itself, but do have faith in the healing powers of the woman who practices this therapy. We had a long session today. I wanted to do some healing from some traumas at work. We caregivers suffer when things don't go well for people, even when no one is at fault. So I was working at that and at any possibility I am undermining my own weight loss efforts. I am hoping that I will feel some changes in the next couple of weeks.
to all.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:01 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mad, not flaky at all. There is so much we don;'t know about our own bodies. My friend Shirleyanne claims that I transfer positive energy to her when I visit.

FBGL and weight are hanging in - steady is better than up but I sure was hoping to drop a pound or two before the weekend. My New Brunswick Culinary Experience is going to be tricky unless I work in lots of walking.

Today's challenge is a noon Thanksgiving Dinner at the clinic with the Pet Therapy clients. It'll be tricky because everything is plated in the kitchen. I think I'll handle it by saving some of my food for the dogs and break my "No food when you are working" rule. Dogs deserve a Thanksgiving dinner and they'll be at the kennel on the real T-Day.

Happy Hump Day!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick flyby this morning. Busy morning and a hungry baby who is ready for breakfast. I've got him eating 3 meals a day and on a routine. He obviously likes eating breakfast with Nannie.

BP is the same as yesterday so guess the stress is slowing down. FBS a little high but I know that is because of what I ate to take my evening Metformin. Am learning what I can and can't eat to take that pill. Had a good nights sleep. Got to go to beauty shop and ge perm then get DGD and go to store. Got to get some different dog food as the cheap stuff seems to make the dog sick or he is eating something he shouldn't when the kids walk him. DH thinks I bought too big a bag of dog food and it ruined and made him sick. I never tried to save money with cheap dog food when I had dogs and shouldn't have done it with the kids dog. But they didn't have the money to buy food and I short on cash so thus a lesson well learned.

Ruthie - Hope all goes well with the dinner today. I understand about the weight thing. Why oh why is it so hard at this age?

Have a great day everybody!!!
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #20  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey Ladies Thanks for letting me vent My day Yesturday sucked for food. Had a wonderful time with the baby. Bring me back to why I don't want anymore. Workout done today if I have time later thinking of popping a Jillian Michaels in or may be a biggest looser and try one of them.

To everyone who commeted on the Grocries It is terrible that it is comming to this we plant a garden every year and the last two years it has sucked and died out for some reason dont know if it is getting to hot or what. I jest hope I can keep up my eating and diet and dont crash. 2 months period seems like this happends everytime and then I can't afford it but I have to keep it going. I am feeling so much better and I dont want to go back to where I was.

Well I got some house work to do so will check in later.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning all,

fbs at 76 this morning which meant that I ate a little banana before my workout then had breakfast. I got an hour of walkitout done.

I went out for a walk last night because I had an early morning meeting and needed a workout yesterday. Two people stopped to see if I needed a ride~ Again, I guess I just don't look like I am working out

I am noticing that groceries cost more these days. However, for me, I still spend less than I did before. All those fast food and takeout stuff that I used to eat were expensive. And of course, all the times that I stopped at convenience stores for pop and snacks. I hope that everyone finds a way to manage these costs.

Bonnie, hang in there. You are doing so good! I am glad that you can use this place as a forum for venting when you need to! Thats what we are here for.

Fatmad, I think that therapy sounds wonderful. There is so much that we don't know about our bodies and about the universe. I understand about the caregiver trauma. We in the mental health field share it. It has been really hard to accept that we can do everything that we can and the outcome is still not what we want.

Ruth, tell us more about your therapy dogs? I think I missed that info.

Trish, do you take your metformin in the evening? I have heard of that before. I take mine with breakfast and supper. That way I don't have to worry about the food thing. Just wondering... And, as far as the dog food, it rarely goes bad. Is there a farm/ranch store in your area? They usually sell dog food at good prices.

Jinger, I understand how you feel but 1.5 pounds is a blip. I put on that much in a day if I eat stir fry for supper. Quitting smoking will have such powerful and long term positive effects on your health that it will be worth it. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will start to enjoy the journey.

Gotta go. Busy day today and I have pool league tonight. Have a great wednesday!

Rie
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #22  
Come on Spring!

Well, the salt in the dinner yesterday put me up 1½ pounds. I sure hope drinking extra water today will flush it away. I sure don't want my new pants to be too tight as I've ditched the bigger ones! BGL 4.3 though.

Rie, here's the info on our therapy dog programme. The dogs really enjoy it and so do I. It's the one volunteer job I do that will be the last to go when I need to cut back.

Heading into a hectic weekend once I get through today and tomorrow. By Sunday night I will be relaxing on the shores of the beautiful Bay of Fundy. I'm holding that thought. Here's the info.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:06 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Another quick flyby to keep me on track. My third day of WATP Power Mile done so made my goal for the week. Lots to do before DD gets home and DH and I leave so no time for indies... will try to check back in later when things settle. Weight seems to be bouncing between 2 or 3 lbs, but not gaining so that is a good thing. FBS still not where I want it but in the doc says is good just taking Metformin. I hope the fact that things are settling down and that I'm getting into exercise and more active will cause it to come down. Still plan to talk to him about adding a diabetic medicine. Rie I take 1,000 mg Metformin at breakfast and another around 8 or 9ish with a little something. It seems to work better for me. I just have to be careful what I eat at that time and how much. Tried taking the second one with the dinner but it didn't work to help bring the bs readings down.

Also thanks for the info on the dog situation. I did buy a better quality of dog food with vitamins antioxcin (sp) etc. hoping that will help him (I think "you get what you pay for" sometimes is true). If he keeps having problems I heard DSIL saythey will have to take him to find a vet to see what is going on.

Better get busy. Y'all have a great day!!!
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #24  

Good Morning All!

I woke with lots of back pain this morning so it is an ibutab and gentle stretching morning rather than my workout. Perhaps I will be able to go for a walk when I get off work later today. If not, I will count this as a rest day for the week: My goal is to workout 5 out of 7 days. I have a blood draw on Friday and then have a weigh in and dr appointment in a week. Am hoping for a loss because I have been in a little stall for the last couple months.

I am anticipating a busy day at work today. I am currently working on repairs and replacing some things in my building. That is always a cumbersome process in public service.

Trish, it is really nice to hear from you every day and it sounds like you are continuing to get into a good routine.

Ruth, the therapy dog program looks really good. We have similar programs here. I had an advanced obedience border collie that I tried to get certified but she couldn't pass because she couldn't pass the part about allowing other dogs near me. Very protective! It is a lovely program, though.

Quiet in here this morning so I will check in again later! Have a great and healthy day!

Rie
Old 10-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I have been watching my carbs more closely at my evening meal and my FBS is now running in the 120's and 130's instead of the 140's and 150's. It's far from good, but it's improving and I intend to keep it going in the right direction. I am trying to get back to my exercising which will help, and smaller evening meals will help, too.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #26  
Bonnie

This has been a bumm week here I checked and my weight is up 3 pounds . Been making some bad choices and I have to change them back to all my good habbits so I am working on that now I have not worked out today I have been busy trying to get my house work all caught up I have my daughter wanting to have her 17th Birthday party on the 16 so not much time.

Will get back here later when I can think...
Old 10-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly50 View Post
This has been a bumm week here I checked and my weight is up 3 pounds . Been making some bad choices and I have to change them back to all my good habbits so I am working on that now I have not worked out today I have been busy trying to get my house work all caught up I have my daughter wanting to have her 17th Birthday party on the 16 so not much time.

Will get back here later when I can think...
Bonnie, this is just a blip that happens to everyone at times...don't worry about it. Just keep on doing what you were doing and it will level out. You have done very well so far.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #28  
Bonnie

Last night we had to take my daughters to Dollar General. I happened to look in the book aisle and seen The Biggest Looser Books. I had my hubby buy them for me . They were a steel to me 5$ a book I have spent up to 20 a book. So I have spent most of the day reading everyone stories and looking threw Reciepes and I am getting my motivation back. Seems Like that I am not the only one who goes threw a period that you feel like a faliure. Reading them books sure has made me realize that it isn't jest me alot of people go threw this but you jest have to get back up and continue and get back on track. If these people can do it so can I . I don't want to give up what I have acomplished I Love having Energy and fitting into clothes I thought I would never get back into.

So today I have been right on plan I ate a grilled Chicken with lots of veggies ( Broccoli, cauliflower,carrots) I am feeling better about my self. Tomorrow I will be working out and I will be totally 100% on plan. Alothough my hubby has decided we need a date night so we will be going out to dinner. But I fully intend to have something healthy. ( I already informed him it has to be a place I can get something healthy)..

I hope everyone is doing ok and isn't havinng a week like mine But I will be back tomorrow and let everyone how it has gone... Until then....
Old 10-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #29  

Hello Everyone!

This morning I went in for a fasting blood draw in preparation for my appointment next week. FBS at 72. I came home and started my WalkitOut game. I really got into it today and I set a new record: 2+ hours straight and 20,500 steps. that darn game is sometimes addicting.

Bonnie, I was so glad to read your post today. Good for you - it is all about getting back on track and continuing. You will make it, I know it. Enjoy the date. One of the most satisfying things is to realize that you can still celebrate and enjoy while making healthy choices.

Carol, hows it going? Good job on controlling carbs. Your bs will continue to drop and come back under control in time. Remember that the excercise only has to be a little bit and be consistent. In fact, I just read an article that said that moderate walking is more effective at burning calories without increasing appetite than rigourous excercise.

Trish, It is really fun to check in here and to hear how things are improving for you.

Fatmad and Ruth, is this a holiday weekend for you? Columbus day here on Monday.

Well, time for me to get back to work here. I will check in later today.

Rie
Old 10-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #30  
Come on Spring!

Quickie. Big day in the Village today but I am getting geared up for my holiday starting tomorrow. BGL has been pretty stable at 4.something each morning. Weight is still 181 though. My cooking holiday is not going to help that but I'll try to stay on plan as much as possible. Walking parts of the Fundy Trail should help if my legs cooperate.

Hang in there, chickies.