Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 241/230/190

Height: 5'7"

Hi Rie, over the years I have tried the evening snack, and it works for awhile. Then my body adapts to it and I have 130+ readings in the morning. I can usually fool things by what I eat, cheese and fruit or peanut butter and celery, a glass of wine..... I'm really about at the end of my rope with it!

Lynn
Old 08-11-2011, 05:33 AM   #77  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Rie, the darn leg is still very sore but the bruise has moved from purple into blue so that must be progress.

Butterfly, any chance you can use a computer at a nearby public library? We want you to continue to hang out with us.

Lynn, we have to keep experimenting. I have a very low FBGL this morning despite a carby dinner.

Floriduh, for the 20 pounds!

Fatmad, I nearly bought some wee new potatoes yesterday but put them back in favour a a cauliflower. Thanks for the hint.

Kjsspot, exercise does nothing for my BGL either but it sure helps the blood pressure. As soon as things cool off a bit, I'll be back at the gym and will be back ar walking once this darn leg heals up.

For some reason, I are a bunch of candy yesterday afternoon. I was thinking of skipping supper to compensate but did not. I had another carby supper but my BGL this morning was 2.6 again! That's with a brand new meter too! I eat dinner late - usually around 7 - but guess I need a snack at 10 when I head for bed. The good thing about my low readings is that they wake me up. It was just after 3 this morning. Grrr! It'll be an afternoon nap day for sure.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:18 AM   #78  
Inspired

S/C/G: 228/195/128

Height: 5' 3"

FBS 105 this morning. House guests arriving today. Dinner menu: sesame chicken stirfry w/baby brussel sprouts, baby corn, mushrooms and snow peas. Will serve rice, but I'll skip the rice.

Butterfly50--so sorry to learn about your internet situation. Please check in when you get a chance to let us know your progress. Good luck!

Ruth--I hope your leg heals quickly. I thought about you last evening when I was picking up batteries for my aunt's hearing aids. Gosh, those batteries are tiny and drain quickly. However, they surely improve conversations with my aunt. She is a terrible lip reader.

Lynn--When you figure out the secret for evening snack success with fbs, let me know! I can't find a pattern that works yet. I suspect that part of my problem is not having a set time for the evening meal, and sticking with the schedule.

Back to house cleaning. Not entirely optimistic I'll get in a swim this morning before meeting up with the out-of-town guests in a few hours. Best wishes to all for a good day and excellent blood sugar levels!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #79  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Butterfly, does your local library do internet? even a visit once or twice a week is helpful, and usually free. I assume if money is an issue, then going for wi-fi at starbucks or another cafe isn't an option for you. I hope you can find a solution, we enjoy seeing you.
Ruth, one of the lovely things about internet, is the very lack of agism. I know you are an older lady, but I don't think of you as old. Its a great leveler to be on the internet, isn't it. My Dad has been having problems getting used to his hearing aids, and doesn't realize what he misses when he doesn't wear them. Then he puts them in and joins into conversation and we all have a better time.

I am down about 1/2 pound after 2 days of atkins, but am a little backed up, (sorry if tmi) so have to get things moving. fbs was 5.2 today.

About exercise, yes, it can temporarily raise your sugars, but reduces insulin resistance, (yes even the same day!) so don't worry if it goes up a bit.
Especially if you exercise regularly, your body will adjust and stop spiking so dramatically.

Have a good day as we get ready for the weekend everyone!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all!

Fbs at 89 this morning. I had an enjoyable evening at pool league last night.

Headed into the last day of my work week. I am looking forward to the weekend.

Bonnie, I hope that you can find access to a public computer. Just a little checking in will be so helpful to you on the early part of your journey. And I have really enjoyed your enthusiasm.

Ruth, I agree with fatmad. On the internet, most of us are ageless. When you talked about aging, I was surprised because it didn't fit with my image of you.

Fatmad, thanks for the reminder about the temporary nature of bs rise due to excercise. My dr told me to stop testing after excercise. My next fbs (usually before lunch is always good) I always appreciate your information.

LynnDu, hang in there. I think the most important part of this disease is the determination to stay focused and keep trying.

Ok, I need to get going. TTL

Rie

Old 08-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #81  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hi everyone. Well I have been sitting here trying to figure out my phone I have internet on it but I cant figure out how to sign in on Three Fat Chicks .At least I can keep in touch everyone. IF not any one do face book Look me up I can use my phone for that My name is Bonnie Harbeson jest tell me your from three fat chicks. Going to the nutrition class tomorrow so wont be on till late evening an I will let you know how it went...
Old 08-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #82  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Hi all! Saw the endocrinologist for the first time today. I ADORE her.

also, down another lb this week! actually more than 1. Somewhere in there is a partial lb.

According to my blood work, i've gone from 6.0 to 5.7 and everything else has been great as well. She's very proud of me and I'm proud of myself!

Have a lot of different appointments coming up, diabetes class #3, eye exam, sleep apnea consult and the ear-nose-throat doc because I have calcium or some other build up in my saliva glands. I'm finally getting it checked out.

I'm a little overwhelmed with doctor appointments but I know it's all for a good cause.

My work pants and jeans are falling off my butt... literally. I bent over to feed the cat last night and when I stood up my pants went right to my ankles. hahaha!

Hope everyone is doing well. Since I get online during my lunch break at work and rarely any other time, I dont have time to do personals.. but I wish you all a healthy day!

kari
Old 08-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #83  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly50 View Post
Hi everyone. Well I have been sitting here trying to figure out my phone I have internet on it but I cant figure out how to sign in on Three Fat Chicks .At least I can keep in touch everyone. IF not any one do face book Look me up I can use my phone for that My name is Bonnie Harbeson jest tell me your from three fat chicks. Going to the nutrition class tomorrow so wont be on till late evening an I will let you know how it went...
I assume you must have unlimited data on your phone plan then? Mine supposedly has unlimited data, but surfing certain sites really takes up bandwidth and I have gone over my data, and those charges are big!
Cell plans are so different with diff companies etc tho. I think there is a smartphone friendly way to get on with us tho!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #84  
Bonnie

I hope so I am still trying to figure it out talked to my sister tonight and she gave me and idea I will have to try. Yes I do or I am susposed to have unlimited. I have straight talk.

Things are going good thought I have the nutrition class in the am so I will have one busy day tomorrow. I will check in with you all when I get home hope everyone has a good day..
Old 08-12-2011, 06:16 AM   #85  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Butterfly, so glad to know you will be able to keep in touch.

Decent BGL this morning. Whew! I have a lying ticker and will give it until Monday to get in shape. The sneaky so-called water weight seems to have grown roots. I'm pretty sure that lack of activity is part of the problem. I have not been able to do village walking and have had to spend a lot of time with my leg elevated. I must start extra Vitamin C to see if I can speed up the healing. It will be two weeks tomorrow since I stepped down that floor vent. Enough already!

TGIF, Chickies!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #86  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Default Sorry to see you leave us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly50 View Post
Hey ladies ! I hope all is finding themself having a good day. Well after this weekend I will no longer have internet. Because the lack of funds. Hope to get back on here ASAP. I am gonna continue to do right keeping my logs going . Hopefully can find a way to fly by sometime...
Your local public library should offer the internet free of charge maybe you could go that route. Please know that we all wish the best for you. God Bless.

Last edited by TamTam; 08-12-2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #87  
Inspired

fbs 100 this morning--yay! Great week overall with diet, exercise and weight loss. Fortunately, my house guests are normally healthy eaters, so they appreciated the sesame chicken stirfry last night and fresh fruit, plain greek yogurt and apple bran muffins for breakfast. Fortunately for me, the muffins stayed on the other side of the table, away from my reach.

Great idea for those who suggested the public library as another option for internet access!

kari--Hooray for the work pants and jeans falling off your butt!! Fantastic progress!

Best wishes to all for a fabulous weekend and excellent blood sugars.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hello All.

fbs at 84 this morning. It is holding in the mid 80's throughout the day. This morning I walked 3.3 miles at a 15min/hour pace. It felt pretty good. I think I will be ready for the 5k next month. I have short little legs so it is hard to walk very fast. I just want to focus on walking faster because I don't want to be holding the others back.

I weighed in this morning and I am down one pound this month. I am happy with that for a couple of reasons: Due to scheduling, it has only been about 3weeks since the July weigh in. I was on vacation for 11 of those days and enjoying quite a few treats. I was almost anticipating a gain so the loss is good. It has been a long time (20 years +) since my weight was in the 170's

Bonnie, I am glad to hear that you will be able to stay with us! I am looking forward to hearing about your class.

Floriduh. Your menu sounds lovely. I have been surprised at the response from my friends who say, "you eat like this?". I think they believe that I am pining away on carrot sticks.... LOL Good bs.

Ruth, your lying ticker will be back into submission when you can get more active. I hope that your leg starts to heal quickly now.

Kari, I am so glad that you liked your endo! I personally think that is so important. You are doing really well.

Fatmad, do you have anything lovely planned for the weekend? I hope the slow moving is going again. I constantly struggle with it. Good job on the atkins op.

I will check in later!

Rie

Old 08-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #89  
Inspired

Default Congratulations Riemontana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post

I weighed in this morning and I am down one pound

Riemontana has lost Seventy-Five pounds!!!
A major milestone! Keep rockin', Rie!!!

Old 08-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #90  
Bonnie

Ok I am back from class and I can say it went well. They gave me a contour meter so I am all set up and ready to go gave us lots of papers to read over and even gave us some free samples of stuff. I learned alot about what to look for when you test and as far as safe number and numbers to be worried about. They told me I should be on a 1500 calories a day . They gave us a meal ticket to eat lunch today they had fish and pasta. I had pasta we checked our levels 2 hours after lunch and it was 130. Their was one lady who was 206. I am understanding some of the foods better so I can make a better choice in the store they showed me how to read a label so that was good I dont remember everything but I guess it will come back as I go threw all this papers and reread what they have here and I took lots of notes. will check in at the am and let you know How my testing is going......
Closed Thread