Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 09:47 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

FBS at 89 this am and completed 60 minute aerobics. I feel good today.

Ruth, LOL I have been wrong before, also. LOL

BBL
Old 06-15-2011, 07:02 AM   #62  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Reimontana, your exercise reports give me a twinge of guilt as I've been skipping the gym a lot lately. My days seem to start before I'm ready for them!

Survived presenting my Financal Report last night and celebrated with ice cream when I got home. I fully expected a high FBGL but was astonished to see 2.7! I'll never understand this! I'm working on getting back to the normal range right now. I took some honey but am going to get some protein and carbs into me because I know the honey will take it up and then down.

The local strawberries are here and are absolutely wonderful this year - huge, juicy and full of flavour. I am planning a salad with greens, sliced strawberries and balsamic vinegar - maybe with some goat cheese for flavour. (I have a Township Book Club lunch today with my friends and have no idea what food will be served. I will be careful!)
Old 06-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #63  

Height: 5'2"

Great week so far. Staying on track for the most part. Another busy day today. Yesterday my son won 4 awards for physical education and scholastic acheivement for the 4th grade. He even had the highest overall average in his class. So proud of him. This afternoon is his class barbeque and picnic. Will be bringing my own food to stay on track. He even requested that I bring in cucmber slices for his class to share. Tonight is another palyoff game in baseball for him. Hope they win and get to continue on. They were in 1st place all season. Then some quiet until next week when all the festivites begin for my daughter's graduation from 8th grade. I tihnk it was a good thing that I got laid off otherwise I would need to take a lot of time off. Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #64  

Good morning!

Feeling a little under-the-weather this morning so I didn't work out. I have a really long day. Very busy at work and I have pool league tonight. Fbs at 92 this morning. I didn't sleep very well.

Ruth, I absolutely love fresh strawberries in my salad. I seem to be able to eat some strawberries without a spike, unlike other fruits. Sometimes I make a salad with baby spinach, slivered almonds or sunflower seeds, and a sweet poppy seed dressing made with splenda. I am always asked for the recipe.

Did you feel that low when you got up? Kinda scary! I hope you are feeling better. This disease is weird. It would be nice if A+B=C. Hang in there

Lyndy87, What talented kids! you must be so proud. I think the cucumbers sound like a good idea. They are my favorite!

Gotta go. Have a great day.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #65  
Come on Spring!

Reimontana, the crazy thing is that I don't really feel the low unless it shows when I am not ready to just leap out of bed! I test as soon as I'm up and have to keep reminding myself to be really careful as I crank up the day.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #66  

Morning! I am still feeling a little under the weather this morning to taking it easy. We had large thunderstorms hear last night with power outages. I was pleased to wake up and hear the tv on in the next room this morning.

fbs at 90 this morning. I ate sparingly because of no workout and I plan to continue that all day tody. Although I am a morning excerciser, maybe I will try for a walk after work.

Ruth, that is a little scary that you don't fee the lows when they happen. Do you have them often? I always feel week, shaky, sweat, and dizzy.

Everyone have a good and productive day.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #67  

Height: 5'2"

Good morning. My son won his playoff game last night so there is one more tonight. If they win they go on to the World Series. Hoping that they Win.
Frustated that I still cannot find a job. There is really nothing worth applying for and when you do noone ever calls. I guess the right job will come around eventually. I heard through the grapevine that they are having more layoffs at my old job and that things are pretty bad there. Kinda gald I am already gone.
Trying to stay cool today. A bit more humid than yesterday. Hoping everyone has a great day!!
Old 06-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #68  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi friends, just a quick hello from South Africa, between jet lag and insomnia since arriving, sugars are a bit off, though I am eating ok. But with the conference I am inside a lot and not exercising much. Had an afternoon off today and walked for 2 hours in the sun. It was great. I will read more when I have more internet time, am very limited right now, but wanted to say hello.
will be in touch again soon.
love m
Old 06-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #69  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Rain rain go away

Can't go out and walk or garden and it's supposed to be here until Sunday.

Another showing on the house again tonight, I hope they don't track water all through the house.

I think I lost another lb. but I'm not claiming it for a few days.

Ruth, if I went that low, I'm sure I'd be passed out on the floor.

Lindy, crossing fingers that you will find a job.

Montana have a great day taking it easy, we all need to do that every once in a while.

Fatmad, we were posting at the same time. Have a great time.

Have a great day all.

Last edited by Lindyloo; 06-16-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #70  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Lindyloo send me the rain!! It's just about 2 months since we have had any. Been busy at work with no days off, so I am not always able to get to the computer and at night either hubby hogs the lap top or I am just too tired. My FBS is down to 135 it had gotten up to 145, still learning all this diabetes stuff, have 2 "seminars" next week. Have a blessed day. Tammy
Old 06-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #71  

Good evening everyone!

I am still feeling ill tonight. It is weird. I am going to call the Dr tomorrow. It is a rainy dreary evening here. I am having a nice dinner of sauted chicken, mushrooms and onions, with a plain baked sweet potato. Sweet potatoes just don't spike my bs, maybe because of the fiber. I wrap in aluminum foil, bake for an hour or so, spritz the flesh with butter flavor spray and enjoy. It is so moist and good that it slides right out of the skin. Yum.

Fatmad, it was so nice to see your post! That must have been a long trip. Enjoy yourself and I can't wait to see South Africa through your words.

Tammy, it sounds like you are getting things figured out. I am sure the seminars will have lots of information. This is a good spot, also. We all follow slightly different programs so there will be something that works for you.I would sure send you our rain if I could.

Lindy87 I am sure that a job will come along soon. Hang in there1

Ruth, I hope you are well and enjoying your evening.

Rie
Old 06-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #72  
Come on Spring!

Quick pop-in just to say I'm hanging int here. Forgot my meds last night but BGL was still 4.2 this morning. My body is a mystery! I'm wondering about my meter. HA1C later this month will tell the tale.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Thought I would drop in and say I'm slowly getting back to eating healthy. I think when I went on vacation that I also took vacation from healthy eating. Also reading a new book for me called Co Undiet by Gloria Tsang, RD. She has the healthcastle.com website. I was amazed to learn of foods that we eat that we think are healthy, but they are not healthy because of the additives, colors etc that are added to them. I ended up throwing some foods out. Better for those to be down the disposal than have them on myself. Goes back to the thing we've heard so much, do most of our shopping on the perimeter of the store and not much along the isles. Book was really good and and I learned a lot, although I did disagree with her when it comes to carbs as she definitely speaks of carbs the same as most dieticians do. She says that when reading the labels, it is more important to read what the ingredients. Also amazes me that the FDA allows some of the stuff in our foods that Canada does not. So I'm doing some more "cleaning out" cabinets. Just bought almond butter and got it natural, but didn't know that it has palm oil in it and it is really a bad oil. All or most highly processed foods such as pastries, candiesetc are made with it.

Ruthie I don't is 4.2 is too low, but I'm sure that 2.7 is. Glad you got it closer to normal.

Madie Glad you made your trip safe and sound. Have a really good time.

Montana, Lindyloo, Lindy87, CC and all others reading

Y'all have a great weekend!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 02:08 AM   #74  

Hello All.

I got in a pretty good workout today. 12500 steps on the walk it out game for an hour. I felt pretty good.

I am still having stomach trouble. I tried to get ahold of my Dr who was out. I was left with one of his partners. It was suggested that I take an antacid. Duh, like I hadn't tried that. The only other option was the er. Hoping I don't end up there over the weekend. The bills are killer. Bs un the hight 80's all day so that is ok.

I went out with my son. Had a grilled chicken breast, potato and salad. I also had a glass of wine. I watched them all doing kareoke - my son is pretty good. It was his birthday party.

Interesting nutrition stuff, Trish. I am not fond of some of the food additives, particularly food dyes. I find myself eating more and more unprocessed foods. Having grown up on a farm and preserving almost all our own food, I plan to buy at local farmers markets this year and freeze or can everything. I am glad that I will be able to use those skills. In fact, next week we are planning to can chicken. We haven't done that for more than 3 years since my grandmother died. We currently make our own egg and wheat flour noodles. I use natural peanut butter. I am just used to stirring it up. I like it for flavoring. Today I saute'd some chicken and celery and used a scant teaspoon of peanut butter and a little soy. It was a terrific lunch. Keep exploring - you will find what works for you. I am putting up some strawberries (in season here) to use in smoothies and yogurt this winter. I will be doing the same for the rasberries in a couple weeks. I can only use real fruit in a limited manner because it spikes my blood sugar. But, I am thinking that this fruit that i preserve myself will be lovely to use this winter. I owe the women of my family for the gift of these skills. I would be happy to talk with anyone about how to preserve produce. I have been considering a new thread to talk about and share this topic with others.

Ruth, I don't know about your meter. I guess you will find out soon enough. You dropped a little more weight, though, is it possible that you are just finding where your current low carb range is? Like I said before, I wish this would work like A+B=C. I would know how to manage everything. Seriously though, my first meter malfunctioned about 6 weeks after I got it. Even test solutions would not give consitent readings. Take care of yourself.

Everyone else, I hope that you are headed into a wonderful weekend. I am taking gs to a softball game in the afternoon and might stop by at a barbeque.Bless you all, I will be more attentive tomorrow.
Rie

Old 06-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #75  
Come on Spring!

Good morning from gloriously sunny Delta where we have a string of lovely days scheduled. BGL was 4.2 again this morning which is my usual morning reading. I did have wine at Book Club last night along with veggies and dip and some fruit but I avoided the fruit dip as it was loaded with sugar. I notice that more and more of my friends are serving healthy foods at our events.

I have a busy weekend ahead but do plan to do some food prep for the week. The last of the asparagus will go into soup today - I'm experimenting with making a cream soup by adding Laughing Cow cheese for creaminess. My asparagus and broccoli soups are just loaded with veggies as I load them with puree.

Rie, like you I do have the "putting food by" skills. Right now I am drying sliced strawberries in my dehydrator and will be making berry jam for Christmas baskets a bit later in the month. It's a shame that so many folks don't have these skills. Even my slightly younger sister doesn't do pickling or preserves. (Just remembered I still have strawberries from last summer )

My veggie garden was finally tilled yesterday and I hope to get it planted over the next few days. There is a ton of space so i think some spaghetti and pepper squash will go in. If course there is always zucchini as a space filler but I'm really not too fond of it - except deep-fried!

The scale is just about ready to drop out of the 180s. Maybe tomorrow or Monday?
Closed Thread