Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 08:07 AM   #61  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. It seems I've not been checking in regularly.

Weight's about the same and BGL has been good. It was a bit high this morning but that's because of bean soup and crackers for a late supper last night. I has back-to-back meetings and did not feel like eating supper at 4 PM! The food at meeting one was pumpkin cake and ice cream. I passed! I should have taken along an apple and some cheese for my drive to the next meeting.

I don't seem to be getting smarter as I get older.

Today is Good Food Box day which I have to work but do hope to get some outside work done after that.

My cold is slowly leaving and I'll probably try for a gym session tomorrow. I need to get motivated again. Maybe another trip?
Old 10-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #62  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Ruth tell us whats in your good food box? A friend of mine down here is starting up a winter version for the organic crowd around here, and I am tempted. They also do co-op orders, and although there is little I can eat, (too high carb) I can support them with the food box.

Things are a bit more tolerable. DD and I had a dentist appt which involved me picking her up from school and driving into town, then back home afterward. We didn't speak much in the car, but it was civil.
DH called the counselling centre yesterday, but no word back, so I will call later again. Phew, I am very emotional, and cry about all kinds of things at the drop of a hat. I have to discharge a client who had a miscarriage last month, and it hit her really hard. Everytime I see her she is suffering and crying. My heart goes out to her. SO this will be a very emotional final visit with her, and I don't know how I will keep my professional demeaner.
At least it will be ok to cry with her. We have gotten quite close over this as I am the only midwife in the practice she knows now, the 2 others she knew have both left. So I am going to a walk in the sunshine to get myself ready for all this.
have a good day everyone,
Old 10-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #63  
Come on Spring!

Mad, it depends on what the wholesaler or local growers send us. It comes in large quantities to the hall where we split it into packages for each site to distribute. There are $5 and $10 bags plus $15 boxes - really a bargain. I'll let you know later exactly what's in this week's order.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:01 AM   #64  
In it 4 the long haul

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning girls..........

Just finished my exercising for the day. Had a good breakfast. Now if I could keep up the good eating habits the rest of the day. Last night all I did was eat and it was not good choices either. This is my week before TOM and I am always grazing during that time. Need to clean out the fridge of the carby stuff I had fixed for the granddaughter this weekend. I do so well until supper time then after that it seems to just go to pot. Any suggestions.

Update: The call from the Employment Security Office was nothing. But I was on edge until she called 20 min after she was supposed to.

Madeline I so feel for you and your daughter. I've been there and done that and eventually it will get better but it sure hurts when its going on. Stick with it.

Leann
Old 10-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I am going to miss y'all while on my trip. I hope I will be able to check in. I'm taking my laptop, but don't know if I'll get to be on it or not. Depends on what is going on. Grandkids do sports and may have games. I don't know if we are leaving to come back on Mon or Tues. I dont know if DIL is still in school. We usually like to have a day with just the parents while the grands are in school. So we will see. We plan to come back through Nashville and catch a couple of museums. Anyway, I'll check in when I can.

Ruth Glad you are feeling better.

Madeline I went through so much with my daughter. I let her come back home so many times when I shouldn't have. I know her Daddy got tired of it all. (He probably wouldn't have let her come back so many times, but I thought I had to. She had 3 children.) Finally at one point, I said "No, I can't do this any more". It was the best thing I ever did for her and me. It made her grow up. She did finally come back home one more time and it was great. She lived with us and stayed with me for quite some time after her Daddy passed away. I have always been so thankful that he lived to see her straighten out her life. She calls now and tells me how much she loves me and she often tells me how sorry she is that she put me through so much, but she is thankful for us loving her. Just remember that "love is the key". That is what my Mama always told me. You don't have to agree with the things they do to love them. I always told her and her brothers, I may not like what you do or say, but I always love you. Things will work out eventually. I am so sorry you are going through all this. It doesn't feel like it now, but there will be a day your daughter will appreciate you and you will be close friends. It happens.

Leann I am a night eater. I plan my meals out for the day and include snacks for the evening. It keeps me from having cravings and binges because it is just part of the daily plan. Keeps me within my calorie/carb limit for each day with no cheating. I've also found that planning a stirfy around 8ish helps keep my FBS low the next morning and satisfies me for the night.

Later

Last edited by pattygirl63; 10-19-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #66  
In it 4 the long haul

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Thanks Trish for the advice. I have done much better today. One day at a time. I have to remember that. Also thanks for sharing your story of your daughter. It is nice to have that hope that it will eventually get better.

Madeline Boy did Trish give you some wonderful advice there. I need to remember it for my own daughter. Our relationship is definitely better than it was.

See ya tomorrow
Leann
Old 10-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #67  

Good Morning Ladies,
Fast flyby as getting ready to run out the door. in our forcast this morning and hoping I get to the church before it starts. Can't complain as we need it too badly.

Y'all have a great day.

Catch you later today.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #68  
Madeleine

Thanks everyone, today was a better day, of course, I hardly saw my kid. But I had a good working day, and the feedback from that was enough of an ego boost, to help me out of the funk I have been in, and that helps me feel like there is good ahead. I have an appointment next week with a counsellor, DH is going Tuesday, me on Wednesday. We are waiting to hear back from the counsellor (a different one) for DD.
I do love her, and she is overall a good person, but she sure knows how to push my buttons until I lose my temper. I don't get so upset with anyone else I know.

Well, off to bed. I think I had a few more carbs today, maybe a total of 20, since I went out for supper and my entree was mussels in a thick tomato sauce. I have not lost an ounce on very strict induction, so am getting a bit discouraged. Here is hoping for a woosh soon.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #69  
Come on Spring!

Clucking in. BGL still OK and weight is stuck at 193. I know it will move someday. It took months to get into onederland.

We are cold here today with temps near freezing. Unfortunately I keep thinking comfort food which is carby. Meatloaf is scheduled for tonight - I make it with oatmeal and milk so it should be healthy. I'd thought of acorn squash but may switch to roasted cauliflower and broccoli.

Mad, my $5 Good Food order included: a large head of romaine, an English cucumber, a head of celery, a package of baby carrots and four large tomatoes that are ripening on my counter. It sure was worth more than five bucks!
Old 10-21-2010, 07:25 AM   #70  
Madeleine

Ruth, I too am stuck at my weight. Very frustrating. Anyone else here post-menopausal? I am not officially there, but close enough to official that I see it as a weight loss issue. (otherwise, not a problem at all!)
But I do think the age is related to our difficulties shifting the weight.
I am getting tempted to change WOE, but have invested so much time and energy learning the atkins way, that I feel that anything else will be very difficult. (was thinking lower fat, low glycemic carbs, calorie counting, and talking to my doc about increasing metformin to ensure I don't have too many problems with blood sugars)
Old 10-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #71  

Mad I'm in the post-menopausal time of life. I think it contributes to a lot of issues especially weight loss. I'm trying to stay low carb (not Atkins) and count the calories right now because of trip. I've decided if things don't change soon, I'm going back to doc (DH has an appt the week after we return from trip) and ask for a little more help. DH hasn't changed is woe much at all and his FBS was 84 this morning. He is on Glimepirin (not sure spelling is right). I like having the Metformin, but would like a little more help getting the numbers lower. I did read about a man whose wife made him eat balanced meals and he said that his BS finally leveled out so we will see. When I get back from triip, I might switch to Phase 2 of South Beach Diet mainly because I like the idea of having fruit. I think I could handle protein, fruit and veggies.

Ruth Can I come to your house? I need to come to your house of Rosebuds. Your menus and Rosebuds always sound so good. DH is so picky and I miss good cooking like I used to do.

We will leave in the morning. I've got just about everything packed except for last minute things. We are going to leave at 7 and take our time as kids won't be home until after 4:30. I plan to take pc, but don't know if I'll be able to be on line very much. I will try to check in when I can. If not I will catch y'all when I return next week. Will return either Tues or Wed. Not sure yet. It should be a nice drive going and I look forward to seeing the fall leaves, but is supposed to be in IN from Saturday all the way through our trip back home. We are behind on our rain here so I really cannot complain about it.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:33 PM   #72  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

TRISH ~ have a good trip! I like the advice you gave the ladies too; about your daughter: so agree with you on that. And about the night munchies; that is my issue too. I do so great all day and then battle the night munchies (that's what I call them). I like the idea about the little stir-fry in the evening: I think I will try that and see what happens.

RUTH ~ that veggie box sounds great; good prices for sure.

Today, I made some nice homemade tomato sauce with lotsa meat in my crockpot for tomorrow night's dinner; it smelled yummy. I had baked chicken fingers & sweet potato fries (DH had fish) plus a broccoli/cuke coleslaw for dinner tonight.

We have had very low temps and ***** the last 3 nights/days ... while it has been pretty, the cold is chilling ... They are forecasting for some for the weekend -- oh, I so hope they are right.

ttyl, Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-21-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:57 AM   #73  
Come on Spring!

Gorgeous moon this morning but it sure is cold. I have major guilt over the house plants that are still out on the porch. I may have to replace them after Christmas.

My BGL survived the meatloaf last night although I did have squash with it. Of course the weight blipped up a pound. Today will be a lower carb day.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #74  
Madeleine

Default doing ok

emotions are a little less fraught at my place. went to DD convocation from high school. Gave her a card with a long loving note, and the ring my grandmother gave me for high school grad.
We had some nice words and hugs. And then the thing happened, that seems all too common around these celebration times. some young people from her class were driving and crashed the car, an old boyfriend of hers has died.
I know my husband and I both had a lot of high school classmates die around these times too, and every fall there seems to be a senseless loss of life.
anyhow, the good new for us is that DD came home to grieve with us nearby, (and we a grateful her current boyfriend is not a big drinker and was not drinking and driving at all, its zero tolerance here, and his mothers' minivan is not meant for drag racing). So some healing has begun on that front.
Counselling is booked next week.

Have been sticking to plan, getting some feedback from the atkins thread about tweaking the diet to lose a bit more.
I anycase, feeling a bit better and more hopeful. Its nice to have a place to vent. thanks everyone.

And rosebud, we sure had a lot of s**w here the other night, way do southern ontario way. over an inch and it stayed over night. I am getting my s**w tires on Thursday.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #75  
Come on Spring!

Been carbing a bit too much so BGL is up a tad - as is weight. Meatloaf sandwiches are not a good idea. I am geared up to go back to the gym tomorrow morning - my workout clothes are on the couch in the bathroom, ready to be put on right after my shower. I have a really busy week ahead but this has to take priority!
Closed Thread