Old 06-11-2010, 04:59 AM   #1  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Question Dehydration,UTI or Kidney Infection

I just voided into a UA Specimen cup to Test for Ketones.My Urine is a pale Tea/Beer color with minimal sediment.I'm wondering if I could possibly be Dehydrated,or have a UTI or Kidney Infection (less Symptoms).Has this occured with other Type II Diabetics via this forum?Without a doubt,there is Infection or perhaps Inflammation going on somewhere.Am having a time normalizing my Blood Sugar.I have a Doctor's Appointment soon,so am gonna ask that my SED (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) be checked.When I had Osteomyelitis,it exceeded 100!!!

Last edited by Butter_Butt; 06-11-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:34 AM   #2  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I can't answer this one, because it's going to be different for everyone. Early morning urine tends to be more concentrated (because you haven't been drinking for over 8 hours). If you take vitamins and other supplements, it may affect the color.

I tend to use the knuckle-pinch method to see if I might be dehydrated. You pinch the skin over the knuckle of your pointer finger, and see how long it takes for it to return to normal. The longer it takes, the more likely you are dehydrated. It's not a precise measurement, but it gives you an idea.

I'm glad you're taking this to your doctor. She's the one who can answer your questions.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #3  
Amazing will be me

Exclamation

GET STRAIGHT to a doctor with a speciman, dont try n self dignose. I kno i have suffered from these for years and when left to late they can be really lethal.

I once had cystitis which turned in to a bladder infection , then kidney infection then in to a full blown infection of everyting water works. And believe me i never wana be in that pain again. Now ive been left with IBS which the infection kicked off and i get painfull spasams in my bowel.

Took me 3 weeks to recover and it was ****.

I know if im gona have an attack as my urine does become darker, sometimes white mucus is in it. And i get aches in my groin and back......first twinge and i ring the nurse who prescribes me with antibiotics so clear it.

It may be nothing but if you feel a bit unwell like flu type and your urine is like this dont hesitate to get a urine test done . People done realise how unplesant a UTI or kidney infection can be.

Drink lots of water and cranberry juice and paracetmol .
I havent had one for a good few month fingers crossed, but i make sure i drink lots of water and not much alcohol.

Hope you get this sorted good luck
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

by itself discoloured urine does not indicate infection. The colour may be from blood but even then, there are other causes of blood in the urine besides UTIs. If you have symptoms of infection, you should not wait for a doc appointment, but get treatment asap butter!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #5  
Woman on mission!

Synger,
Yes,first AM Urine is usually darker,but the specimen was actually from my second void.I take many Vitamins and Minerals,yet it seems the only Supplement that discolors my Urine is BComplex (if I take it).

After a bit of thought,I don't think I'm Dehydrated,but perhaps not drinking enough Water.For example: An individual weighing 150 LBS should drink 70 OZ Daily.Being that I weigh more,I need to drink more.I have an Appointment with him in the Morning.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

UTI is usually cloudy urine with a foul odor, and urination sometimes hurts.

Kidney infection, which I've had before, is extremely painful and was accompanied by a high fever and cold sweats.
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #7  
Woman on mission!

Lucky8,
I have a Doctor's Appointment in the Morning.I've not had a full blown UTI,Bladder or Kidney Infection.For around 3 Weeks now,I've had pain (sometimes excruciating) in my L side about the Waist area.The other Morning when I Tested for Ketones,I noticed there was a haziness in my Urine that settled in bottom of Specimen cup.

NB: Kidney Function always normal.Had an eGFR several Labs ago..normal..