Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #91  

Cool

Rosey - sorry about your weather. We are in the midst of our warm weather season which lasts sometimes into November. Glad the WSL is coming along. Once you decide on something it's good to get on with it asap.
Active - Sounds like Nutrisystem is working for you. I have done several medically supervised fasts, and have lost quite a bit of weight, but because I have so much weight to lose, I get bogged down after a few months and fall off the wagon. I attend maintenance classes run by the program where I weigh in every week. It keeps me accountable, even when my weight is going up.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #92  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Late check-in after a busy day. Woke to a 2.6 BGL this morning. That's 46.8 USA. Had breakfast and recovered before I did my workout. I need to eat more at night, I guess. I had a really early and LC dinner and did not snack before bed. We live and learn but not quickly enough.

It's Alaska cold here today with rain and wind. I am NOT ready for this.

Denise, Nutrisystem sounds interesting and I'm amazed you can get some of the foods at Big Lots. I looked at N. and at Medifast a few years ago but decided I'd stick with my own home made food. It sure would help with constant planning though, especially when one lives alone.

Rosey, I am glad you got a referral for WLS. Having the Diabetes under control is a big plus for your being accepted. A friend of mine had RNY and is no longer on meds. Was that the type you are considering? Keep us posted.

Rosetta, I really should go to WW or TOPS for a weekly weigh-in. It's just the half hour drive on dark country roads that holds me back.

I am going to bundle up and go out to pick a mess of rainbow chard for dinner - along with protein, of course. Maybe eggs?

Have a nice evening.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #93  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Got My A1C and cholesterol results back. A1C was down .1 to 6.4 and cholesterol was down 40 points to 205. Still need to lower the over all and bad cholesterol. Going to make an appointment with the Diabetic Educator and talk to her about that.

Best

Denise
Old 10-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #94  

Hi, all. We're still having our warm autumn weather. Love it as long as it doesn't get above 70 degrees. My bgls have been good this week, although my eating is getting back to old habits. However, I've been going to a new prepared foods place which has healthy foods if you make the right choices. Very expensive though.
Ruth, like you, I live alone and it's hard to cook for one, especially when I work fulltime, so I'm queen of the takeout.
Active - My cholesterol is in good control with a statin. Have you discussed this with your doc?
Have a good weekend.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #95  
banned

I have diabetes type 1 and I don't know why but I have a much better and easier time here in the summer. I think the nice warm weather lifts my spirit up.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:01 PM   #96  

Morning everyone from rainy alaska at least its not snow..i got my a1c results and its 6.1 and colesteral was 187.. my doc was pleased..i have been working on xmas gifts..usually im done by now but am a bit slow this yr..hope you all have a great day rosey
Old 10-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #97  
Come on Spring!

Akrosery, that's great! You must be as pleased as your doctor is. What are you making for Christmas gifts? I've not started yet but am collecting ideas.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #98  

Cool

Hi, all. Still sunny here. The Blue Angels are doing their practice runs over the city for Fleet Week. We're supposed to get rain next week. My bgl has come down some. Saw the gasterinterologist today and he has scheduled both an endoscopy and colonsocopy in a couple of weeks. I can handle the colonocopy (except for the prep, ick) but I'm a little apprehensive about the endoscopy since I don't like anything in my mouth. We'll see.
Rosey, congrats on your good med stats! Hope the rain clears up and the snow stays away.
Ruth
Everybody, have a good weekend!
Old 10-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #99  

Morning everyone..happy weekend..another very rainy day here and windy all the leaves are gone now..deff winter's around the corner..rosetta hope your tests go well..ruth the projects im working on are victorian painted enamel puffy heart charm bracelets..im learning to paint the charms..i have to use a magnifying glass to see what im doing..u can find some examples in e-bay..very pretty and challenging..the other is an afagan made from soft baby yarn, lilac and cream..fun fun..id rather work on my projects than do my chores hope i dont get company as my house needs a maid..i baked choc chip cookies for dh and didnt eat one a major accomplishment..hoping your weekends great rosey
Old 10-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #100  
One Old Jedi

S/C/G: 306/208/195

Height: 6'0"

Default A little victory snatched from the hands of fear

Cold and overcast (currently in Michigan)
Celebrating a small victory and wanting to crow about it...

I was scared to death of my fork, petrified to be sure as I had a small bowl
of Fiber one with 2% milk this morning and two and more hours later I was still Spiking 195 to 200.... I was freaking! scared to eat all day

Had 1/2 a bowl of Wendy's chili for lunch and seemed to go ok....

Tonight before dinner it was back down to 105 - sigh of relief...
But what about dinner???? What would I eat and would my body recover?

Decided on the hearty caesar salad with the chz and even some bacon..
Topped with a sliced up polish sausage for some extra protein.
105 before and 2 hours later ......... 102

I am so happy, 1 for the small victory, 2 for all of you !!! I wanted to tell someone and you all feel like family already ....

Thanks -
The Orange One
Old 10-16-2009, 02:57 PM   #101  

Cool

Hi, where is everybody this week? We had a big storm on Tuesday, then overcast and muggy. Today heavy morning fog and now some sun. Never know what the weather is going to do. My bgl is okay, could be lower. I actually forgot to take it 3 days this week. Never done that before. Hope you are all doing well. Have a good weekend.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:49 AM   #102  
Come on Spring!

Yes, we are a bit "seldom" on posting in this thread and I have been very remiss. Haven't posted in here for nine days!

Nice to "see" see PSP Orange checking in. Yes, we are like family and a good place to share victories and problems. Please keep coming back. (It's cold here so I am sucking up to Florida folks! )

Rosetta, any word on the colonoscopy appointment? Last time I had one, I expected a major weightloss but actually went up from the salt in the darned IV so don't be disappointed.

Rosey, I would never be able to paint tiny charms as you do. Right now I need a magnifying glass to thread my needles - even to thread the needle threader!

My BGL is doing fine this week and the weight is very slowly going back down to ticker numbers ten days of water retention. It's so easy to go on and so hard to get off! I had a cold for a while which seemed to cause the problem. This week I've been very busy physically, working with my garden lady putting in a new raised flower bed. I was amazed at how well I was able to keep up to her as she's 40 and I'm 70. i think going to the gym is paying off.

Time for the usual oatmeal breakfast with apple and cinnamon - my new fave. Then it's off to Church before doing some more gardening ....in my winter coat! Very cold here for mid-October but no snow yet. It usually holds off until mid-November but......
Old 10-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #103  

rosey
Old 10-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #104  

Im just peachy..how are u all..have a fun weekend rosey
Old 10-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #105  

Cool

Hi, all. We're having nice fall weather here. My favorite time of year. BGL is okay.
Ruth - I have my colonoscopy and endoscopy next Wednesday (assuming my insurance has approved it). Not looking forward to the prep. Have to take two days off work. It looks like between your gardening and gym workouts you are keeping in good shape.
Rosey: Glad things are okay with you.
Have a good weekend.
Closed Thread