Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #16  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Happy 4th of July to everyone!

First, I went to the Doctor on Thursday and got all my labs done. She will call me next week to let me know how everything looks, I'm happy about that.

Sugars have been around the low 90's even that I did some cheating with BBQ and a little bit of ice cream last night.

Melsie, that's excellent! As for me I follow Weight Watchers, portion control and keeping the food journal really helps me. Also I do carb counting since I was told about this method by my diabetes educator to keep my glucose levels on check and this really helps me a lot, I'm able to enjoy foods that I ditched from my diet in the past because I used to blame my sugar highs on them.

For exercise I do Zumba twice a week, I walk 6.6 miles usually on Sundays when we go to the beach (we decided not to take the car) and I'm happy to announce that I went to the gym three time this week.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Last edited by Renacer; 07-05-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Renacer, carbs are definitely the culprits for my blood sugar levels too. I did indulge in some wonderful turkey dressing last night after the Church dinner but managed to hold the line anyhow. This week I will be eating really clean as I have a celebration weekend in Toronto coming up. There will be an elegant dinner out and then a BBQ to celebrate my birthday. (It was in January but this is the first available weekend for my sister and brother and me! We all live crazy lives.)

My weight is up to 197 again and my ticker is lying. Lots of water and no salt this week should fix that.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #18  

Ruth, have you tried to count them in every meal? I still eat carbs but with carb-counting now I know how much my body can handle in every meal and so far so good! The diabetes educator told me to use as a start guideline between 55-60g per meal and 15-30g per snack...She said that would give an idea if you can go up or down in the grams.

Enjoy your birthday celebration, I think anyday it's good to celebrate that we are here.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #19  

Hi everyone..still haven't got my laptop back..we are changing programs as i hate windows vista..i bought a new windows xp program and am waiting for it to arrive so we can install it..soooo im using hubbys puter and cant always have access to it..first thankyou for the support in my decision to have wt loss surg..dont even know yet if i will qualify or if my ins will pay but in the mean time am having tests done and controling my eating and protions..my sl 's have been great and thats pleases me..we had a wonderful 4th.. went to the parade and forgot my hat.. so borrowed my dh right off his head and we still got sunburned..him on his bald spot lol and on my chest and arms..i was tomatoe red yikes but a fun day anyways esp when i dont get out alot..hope you are all enjoying the summer we miss you meowee and hope you are better (((hugs))) for all rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 07-07-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #20  

Cool

Hi, all. Warm day after several days of fog and wind. My bgl's have been higher than usual lately. Must be the bad eating.Sigh. Just can't get myself on a program. My apt. building is being sold again so that means more invasions of strangers and my taking time off from work. Lots of stress.
Rosey - sounds like you had a wonderful fourth. I haven't had a sunburn in many years because I rarely stay in the sun for long periods.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #21  
Come on Spring!

Renacer, I've been counting carbs for years and know they affect my BGL. However, sometimes they don't which brings me puzzlement. I had pasta last night and still had a good (5.8 or 104.4) reading this morning.

No word from Meowee as yet although her profile shows she popped in yesterday - probably to check up on us. I think she goes for yet more tests tomorrow and do hope they can figure out what's wrong. This has been going on waaaaay too long!

Got my exercise this morning moving 20 40 pound bags of earth from my car to the garden. Whew! Luckily I have a good strong back.....so far!
Old 07-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #22  
Come on Spring!

Just survived a wild weekend in Toronto - a belated birthday celebration. I'm afraid the scale and I were not friendly this morning - not 200 but too darned close. BGL was fine all weekend though.

Back on track this morning. It was so nice to harvest lovely greens from my garden and even a yellow zucchini to put in my bowl and then cover with bean salad. I had lots of exercise today shovelling earth into my raised veggie bed - it sure takes a lot to fill a 12' by 4' by 2' bed. The bags I lugged last week barely covered the bottom so today I got a truckload.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Meowee reported in to the MODs - her test is over and now she is waiting for results. That's one of the hard parts!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #23  

Cool

Hi, all. This thread has been slow lately. My bgl has been high lately. Could the pint of ice cream I ate last night have anything to do with it? We're having a heat wave here. Feel tired and bloated.
Ruth, your garden sounds wonderful. Love your new avatar. You'll work off the extra lbs in no time with all that earth hauling.
Will keep my fingers crossed that meowee's tests confirm something definite and fixable.
Rosey - Hope your computer is fixed soon. We miss you.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:45 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

Sure is lonely in here.

My BGL has been a bit unstable lately. Running out of pills and forgetting to re-order didn't help. Weight is up an amazing three pounds overnight! Yesterday was a rather high-salt and low water day and I know better.

We shall overcome!
Old 07-17-2009, 09:05 AM   #25  

Hi everyone,

I've been kind of MIA. Since Father's Day weekend I've been eating not so well, I follow my WLP on and off...I've been doing some exercise but I was absent to a couple of classes and weight ins.

I picked up my lab results and I can see all the changes in my lifestyle are helping me a lot! My AC1 is 4.7 and my cholesterol 189. I need to work on my good cholesterol since it was low (30).

Also one concern of mine are tryglicerids, the Dr. didn't mention it as being a concern but I'm kind of curious...They are at 242, I read that lots of factors can affect them including TOM and how long ago you ate. Well, TOM was with me and I ate lunch before leaving. What kind of advice can you give me regarding lowering them?

For my surprise even that I have been eating too much in occasions and sneaking too much ice cream the weight still 154 pounds at the doctor's office. On Sunday I'll go to my weight in and face it. I feel really happy because I can see how all this is helping my health and I'm motivated enough to continue to my main goal.

Hope everyone is good!
Old 07-18-2009, 07:01 AM   #26  
Come on Spring!

Wow! Great HA1C! I am sure eating affected your triglycerides. My doc tests mine only if I've been fasting.

I dropped one of those pesky water weight pounds overnight despite going for Chinese at noon. I had won-ton soup and salad and then a single trip to the buffet for green beans and a steamed chicken and greens disk. No spring roll! It can be done! I had a very light salad supper and the BGL tests 7.7 this morning - too high. I'll just keep on keeping on.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #27  

Hi everyone..still waiting for my computer my dh had surgury on his foot and he is not to walk on it for 3 weeks so we are mr amd mrs gimp him on crutches and me in a walker and taking turns with the wheelchair..actually we are getting along fine except i couldnt get to his computer but he figured out away for him to get the wheel chair in here today sooooo here i am..hopefully i will have my laptop back in a few days..ttfn and ill check back soon ((((hugs))) for all rosey
Old 07-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #28  

Hello friends!

Hope everyone is doing good. Not much around here, Glucose Levels are fine. I'm behaving.

Today is a rainy day and I'm with my baby at home, he had a rough night waking up constantly crying in some sort of pain. My husband and I were really worry and sad, so I decided not to take him to day care today so I can keep an eye on him. Al least now he is jumping up and down and ate some grapes and banana.

Enjoy your day and behave.

Last edited by Renacer; 07-21-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #29  

Hi everyone..finally got my laptop back and its working great..wish i was as well..i took a nasty fall in the bathrm tuesday and had to have the perimedics come to help me up..i got a towel twisted in my walker and lost my balance and went over backwards, cracked my head as i fell.. to add to my embarassment i didnt have a stitch on as i was going to shower..yikes im sore and bruised but didnt break anything thank goodness..sounds like u all are doing well..has anyone heard from meowee? i worry about her..have a great day (((hugs))) rosey
Old 07-24-2009, 06:19 AM   #30  
Come on Spring!

Just checking in. Delta Fair is on and it's a very busy time for me. Please don't wish me fun at the Fair - it's mainly work and trouble-shooting for me.

My BGL is behaving better but weight is definitely stuck! All I can do is hang in and keep on eating the right stuff 80% of the time. (Corn on the cob was served at a BBQ dinner last night and I succumbed.)
Closed Thread