Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #16  

Hi everyone..hope your weekends going great (((hugs))) rosey
Old 12-08-2008, 12:33 AM   #17  
1 day at a time =^.^=

S/C/G: 275/217/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi All!

Brrr...it's cold here in Northern California, too, 39 degrees (farenheit) at 8:00 pm, that means I'll be scraping ice off of my windshield in the morning! We are in a drought, but I see that we have a chance of snow showers in 10 days, so I'm doin my snow dance! My kid wants to snowboard, and I want her to get the exercise!

Meowee, I went to a cookie exchange party the other night, oh yeah, potluck, just what I needed, baking and a buffet, THANKS A LOT! However, I made my snickerdoodles with 100% whole wheat flour, 2 egg whites, substituted half the earth balance margerine with applesauce, and used 1/2 xylitol and 1/2 sugar. They were actually tasty!

I've been so good about being vegetarian since last April, and although I haven't lost a ton of weight - I haven't exercised a lot - I've shrunk, gotten smaller. I've been bad about testing and taking my meds lately - gotta stop that vice!

Here's to a good week - and I'm gonna go take my meds before I go to bed tonight!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #18  

Hey everyone..a very scary day here..started at 5am when i had to use the bthrm and smelled smoke and burning wires..so got my dh up and he checked everything and couldnt find anything so went back to bed..when its really windy we can smell the neighbors wood fire and it was very windy so thats what we thought the smoke smell was..as i was allready awake i stayed up and noticed an hr or so later that the furnace wasnt running..got the dh up again and waited till 9am to call the repair service..they came at 1 pm and it was the brain box on our furnace that burned up..we are so lucky we didnt have a fire..and our smoke detector had adead batterie in it so ladies check your detectors..this kinda excitement i dont need..i need a NAP!!! hope your day is going better (((hugs))) rosey
Old 12-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #19  

Cool

Hi, all. First day back at work after two weeks off. Only thing I missed was access to the computer. Didn't do a whole lot, just slept in and did some chores and errands. Did go see the new Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park. It is terrific. Now tonight I'm having a gastritis attack and didn't do anything to provoke it. Only had tea and yogurt today. It's always something.
Anyway, hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.
Rosie - just read your post. What a scary thing to happen. I'm glad you found the problem in time. My old landlord used to give us new batteries for the smoke detector every November, but the new one could care less. I now have to remember to buy my own.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #20  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Yes, I still exist . . . but my back has gone out again and this is the first time since last Friday that I've been able to sit up long enough to type.

FBGL was terrible on Saturday (result of the pain stress, I guess) but it's back to decent levels again yesterday and today.

Take care, gang.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:20 PM   #21  

Hi everyone..things are back to normal..im spending the day making xmas cards..i'd luv to send each of u one..pm me your address..my sl was 74 this am..meowee so sry you are hurting,get better soon ok chickie..rosetta glad u enjoyed your time off..hello ruth how is it going better i hope..welcome just ducky..and jeanne hope u are doing well too! ttfn rosey
Old 12-09-2008, 10:41 PM   #22  
1 day at a time =^.^=

S/C/G: 275/217/165

Height: 5'5"

rosey, I'm so glad you didn't have a fire! A friend at work, her house was a total loss from an acquaintance smoking on her wood deck, while my friend wasn't home, the lady felt "cornered" when my friend unexpectedly came home (she is a closet smoker) and left her cig on the wood deck and left. My friend lost everything...but thankfully her fur babies were all spared, and material things can be replaced... and thank you for the welcome, rosey!

meowee, sorry that you are having back pain, it can be so debilitating!!! But glad you are back enough to type us a hello!

rosettastone, howdy, neighbor!! How'd ya like the Academy of Sciences? One of friends says that it is better than Monterey Bay Aquarium...which I love!

Well , I walked 10 miles on a parade route for my daughter's youth group last Sunday, after standing for 3 hours waiting for it to begin! I'm feeling it today...
Old 12-10-2008, 09:56 AM   #23  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

My back is feeling about 80% functional this morning and the FBGL was 6.7 / 121 this morning. A little higher than I'd like, but not bad considering the cookies I ate yesterday.

Our really strange weather continues. After sunshine and a high of -9 yesterday along with lots of snow on the ground; today we are supposed to get +13 and bunches of rain and wind (that's 16F yesterday and 55F today). All the snow is almost gone already. Actually the dry cold of yesterday is probably better for the aches and pains than the dampness of today.

Nothing big in my plans . . . still have a little wrapping to do (local stuff) and will continue my reading and back resting that's been the story of my life for most of the week. Still taking the Robaxicet, of course. The added muscle relaxant in it really does seem to help a little.

Have a good (and safe) day everybody . . .
Old 12-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #24  

Cool

Hi, all. We're continuing to have chilly weather, which is fine with me. MyBGL was 108 this morning. I had stopped taking the glyberide for awhile because I was experiencing early morning lows, but the BGL went way up. So now I'm cutting the pill in half and it seems to be working well. Up to my eyeballs in work - have to catch up with two weeks of emails. Ugh.
Rosey - I pmed you.
Ducky - welcome to the thread. The academy of sciences was terrific. They have a 3-story rain forest, an underground aquarium and a new and improved planetarium. I spent the whole afternoon there. It's best to go on a weekday when kids are in school. Not so crowded. You get $3 off admission for using public transportation or have a AAA card. They have a nice cafe there too. I've never been to the Monterey Bay aquarium so I can't compare.
Meowee - sorry you're under the weather. But sometimes it's good to have downtime to catch up on your reading.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #25  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning Sweeties . . .

Back is still about the 80% mark -- guess I need to learn to be patient and enjoy the slower pace it's forcing on me. FBGL was a nice enough 5.7 / 103 this morning so at least that seems pretty stable.

Won't be doing the normal Thursday Mall Crawl . . . partly because of my back; partly because nothing will be moving very fast or very far around Nova Scotia today. Why do the weather forecasters always seem to get it right when they are predicting nasty weather? Yep, all the snow melted in the rain by yesterday and then the temperature dropped and it changed to that most dreadful of winter stuff -- freezing rain -- and that kept up all night. I'd much rather have the snow.

At least I still have electricity and heat and that is not true for a lot of other places around the Maritimes this morning. Thought my telephone had been knocked out first thing but that turned out to be just a minor 'cat'astrophe. Don't know what they do some nights and probably better that I don't.

Have a great day . . .
Old 12-12-2008, 08:06 AM   #26  
Onward and Downward

SSDD . . .

Strange weather continues -- it's raining, of course, but high is predicted to be around 15 to 18 C (60 60 65 F). Currently my front porch still looks a bit ice-covered, but it is melting fast.

FBGL is 5.8 (104) this morning. Have to admit that I'm reallhy not eating too well and consequently I'm avoiding the scale. Just keeping the blood sugar undeer control will keep me fairly happy during December.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #27  

Morning everyone..brrrrrrrrrrr it is freezing cold here today..and last night my dog daisy climbed under the covers with me and we kept each other toasty..my sl was 84..i'm going to do some baking today as the grkids expect cookies at grandmas (nice excuse tho ) meowee its nice to see that u are feeling a little better..hope u all are having a great day..happy weekend (((hugs)))) rosey
Old 12-13-2008, 09:02 AM   #28  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

I know that we Crazy Canadians are famous (or maybe that's infamous) for talking about our weather a lot; probably because we get so much of it.

AtlantiCa is on the same roller-coaster. Yesterday we broke fifty-year-old records by hitting +20 C (68F). Today -- our high is going to be -2C (+28F) with a little snow before we also head back to about +10/11 C (+37F) for tomorrow. Oh well, guess I should be thankful for small mercies since I know things are a lot colder in lots of places -- for example, Alaska.

Happily, may FBGL is still doing well even though I have been indulging the tastebuds a little too much; FBGL this morning was a very nice 4.8 (86)

Well, I really have to go out and brave the cold and the crowds for a bit today since the larder is looking a little bare and I do have one more gift to get. So I'd best get moving in the hopes of beating the snow. Hopefully, I'll resist the urge to buy butter so I won't be able to come home and make shortbread.

Have a great day . . .
Old 12-14-2008, 04:42 PM   #29  
Onward and Downward

Today was cold but sunny . . . but my FBGL was not so great at 7.1 (128) . . . can't figure out either one.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #30  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hope your back is A1, Meowee. I woke with a pulled thigh muscle yesterday morning but it's easing up today. I've no idea what brought it on unless I had some wild dreams that night.

FBGL has been pretty good lately but weightloss seems to have stalled. Maybe this week I'll be back in ONEderland? Any bets?
Closed Thread