Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #31  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Guess who . . . . . . I have soooooo missed everybody. Five days off line is aty least 4 more than I ever want to experience again.

My computer "wizard" discovered when he brought the CPU back earlier this afternoon, that my keyboard and mouse seemed a little fried too, giving him the idea that I must have taken a small electrical hit in spite of the surge protection on the machine. I'm now working with a borrowed mouse and keyboard with new ones on order. Stranger and stranger.

My biggest challenges right now in the computer world --

-- get used to XP again . . . my son had taken XP off this machine and put on 2000 Pro, but the "wizard" thinks it is better to run with the operating system that the machine was designed for . . . so

-- figure out Vista . . . on the new laptop (same reason given as to why he doesn't want me to run them both on the same platform). At least I now have internet access on that little too, although the little built in mouse thingee is driving me

-- get some of my favourite software programs reloaded onto the desk top and then onto the lap top too. So far Excel and Word are up and running but I've lost a lot of files that I really depended on having; so I'll have to rewrite the applications as soon as I can -- one of them is the homegrown program I use for tracking BGL and nutritional information.

Although neither by BGL or my eating over the past few days have been anything you'd want to right down for posterity . . . . . . time to get that back on track, too.

Well, guess I'd better say "HI" to a couple of other places . . . have a great evening and I sincerely hope that I will be back tomorrow . . .

Last edited by meowee; 09-10-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: and I still cannot type -- so there
Old 09-11-2008, 08:26 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 307/279/180

Height: 5'10"

Welcome back, Meowee! You were missed. Looks like you have your work cut out for you with your new computer challenges!

Good morning everyone!

Running late today -- BGL has been very high... yesterday's readings were 150, 150, 174, 195 and this morning it is 149. I guess the difference has been that I've been under work stress.... could that be it? Not *horrible* stress like my previous job -- just more stress than normal -- plus home stress with my sister-in-law visiting since Sunday. Could that be it?

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Dyan
Old 09-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #33  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

My eating is calming down again, but the BGL is still out of whack. Hopefully it will calm down again soon, too, now that I'm able to stop fretting over the computer situation for a little while although I guess my plans for reloading software and rewriting some application files will be waiting for tomorrow since this is the regular mall-crawl day.

Since I'll be going away for a long weekend in North Carolina (if IKE is willing) as of next Thursday, got to make the most of the outing today. At least the weather around here is almost perfect (by my standards) today -- cool (under 50F and its a little after 10:30 am already) with beautiful sunshine.

Hope everybody else is having a really great Thursday and I am thrilled to be able to say with some degree of confidence -- see you all later . . .
Old 09-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #34  

Cool

Hi, all. Finally had a chance to log in and drop by. BGL was 119 today. Yesterday I had a nasty low. Good there were some donut bits around to bring the sugar up (yes, I have some glucose tabs, but who would choose those over donut bits?) Work still stressful. It used to be so easygoing around this office. Now it's all uptight. Feel like I'm working in a factory. Go home and collapse every night. But I need the Money and the health insurance, so I'll have to adjust.
Meowee - glad you're back online. Someday soon I'm going to buy a computer (as soon as I find a home for all the books stacked around my apt.)
Dyan - stress can sometimes do that to the BGL, sometimes it's what you're eating. Other times there is no explanation. If your bgl is consistently at those numbers you might want to talk with your doc about changing your meds. I added glucotrol to mine and the numbers have come down.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #35  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, Sweetie-Pies . . .

Another beautiful morning in northern NS . . . hope things are glorious in your neck of the woods too.

After I got home yesterday and started playing around with the computers again I decided I'd have to 'go to town' again today to find a book -- something along the lines of "An Idiot's Guide to Vista for Dummies" might be appropriate.

Other than that -- SSDD -- weight is still stuck solid at the ticker number and BGL is stuck solid at 'too high' (I'm honestly starting to wonder if there is something wrong with this batch of test strips).

See you later
Old 09-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #36  

Morning everyone..another rainy day here..i'm watching my grdd today and tomorrow..her parents went shopping in anchorage..the other boy grkids and their father will be here tonite and leave tomorrow for our cabin for a week of moose hunting..my dh is excited about going( it must be a male thing)my sl is holding steady at 91 ..meowee hope u get used to vista,im still learning it..can u get a wireless mouse? i have one and like it better than the one attached to the laptop..hope u all have a great weekend rosey
Old 09-12-2008, 11:53 PM   #37  

Hello everyone!

Vista! My husband upgraded our computer to that operating system a few months ago, so let me know if you have any questions. Maybe I can help.

Rosey, lots of young 'uns around! That will keep things moving and in high action for you.

Rosetta -- thank you for the comments. I have decided that I probably need to get back to the doctor to see what he thinks.

In the meanwhile, numbers aren't great... had dinner at my mom's house tonight and she made all my favorites.... meat loaf, twice-baked potato (I split a half with her), asparagus, and .... a teeny tiny piece of pineapple upside down cake. (I couldn't help it! Grrr!)

We are sitting up here in the northeast portion of Texas watching Hurricane Ike start to move through.... this should be interesting.

Have a great weekend! I will keep you posted on Ike's progress!

Dyan
Old 09-13-2008, 06:51 AM   #38  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Darn Ike! A hurricane is stressful so don't be shocked if your BGL goes up, Dyan, just stay safe. Even thinking about it affects mine, I'm sure.

Doing OK with "normal" readings for me but the darn weight is still hanging in there. I regained a bit this summer and it seems to be stuck on with Krazy Glue! Most of it came from BBQ and wine since it was a rather social summer. And they say it's easier to lose weight in summer! Who the heck are "they"?

I need to take Meowee's advice and get moving and shakin'.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:58 AM   #39  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Overcast and humid around here (Ruth always likes to send me weather). My BGL is still running way too high, especially first thin in the morning, and I know that the computer frustrations have something to do with it. I've been putting off making an appointment with my doctor and for an A1C because I'm pretty sure he'll be putting me back on insulin () and I wanted to avoid having to cart those supplies with me on the upcoming little trip that Ruth and I are taking to North Carolina next week.

Well . . . that asparagus was great, DYAN . . . but potatoes and the refined flour in the cake . . . but, hey, we still have to live in the real world, Chickie; just do the best you can as much as you can.

Nothing much in my plans for today but a little more computer frustration -- still haven't found my favourite Euchre game; but I did get my Mahjong reloaded, to the desk-top. Today, I'll see if Vista likes it for the lap-top.

Have a good moving and shaking kind of day . . .
Old 09-13-2008, 05:55 PM   #40  

Good Saturday Afternoon!

Well, Ike must be one of the oddest storms I've ever seen! It retains its hurricane appearance this far north?! We are just having some wind and rain, but the poor people down in Houston really have some flooding and many are without power. Galveston was devastated.

Ruth -- The excitement of Ike may have kept my bgl counts high, but I happily took a much needed two hour nap this afternoon and am feeling much better. Hope my numbers reflect it! If you take Meowee's advice and start moving and shaking, those pounds are sure to come off!

Meowee -- After the delicious dinner last night, I'm back to my own *by the book* cooking, so I hope that will improve things too. Sounds like you're settling in with your new computer, so things will continue to get better I'm sure!

Hope all the rest are doing well. I'm off to make something for dinner.

Dyan
Old 09-14-2008, 07:33 AM   #41  
Onward and Downward

So good to hear that your area is doing okay, DYAN . . . but sorry to hear about some of the more southern areas that were so badly hit.

This morning is overcast and muggy around here -- probably a good day to get some household chores completed and some more smoothing out of computer wrinkles -- oh, that reminds me, I absolutely have to iron a few things too. I hate ironing and do as little as possible, but sometimes, you just have to bite the bullet.

Weight has been sitting on 210 for a couple of days now and that's a good thing; BGL is not a good thing once again this morning.

Hope everybody has a great Sunday . . . see you later . . .
Old 09-15-2008, 08:14 AM   #42  

Good morning everyone!

I stepped down off of that endless plateau this morning and am sitting at one of the decade marks peering down the other side! Can't wait to start enjoying the 270's. My tour of the 280's has gone on a bit too long.

I hope all of you enjoy this new week. I could've done with one more weekend day, but I'm happy to be down a pound or two.

Rosey, Ruth, Meowee --- Will check in with you tomorrow!

Dyan
Old 09-15-2008, 08:43 AM   #43  
Onward and Downward

One of those delightful mornings when both the BGL and the WL are too high . . . . . . Weather is also anything but delightful -- lots of wind and off and on rain coupled with high humidity and temperatures. Guess that this (along with the sky-high level for gas prices) is our little brush with IKE.

Hey, lots of indoor stuff for me to do to get ready for the little mini-vacation in NC.

Have a great day . . .
Old 09-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #44  

Default congrats

Morning everyone..im enjoying the quiet..the guys are at the cabin and the grdd kept me busy this weekend..the weather is still rainy and the leaves are starting to change color..sl still staying low,92 this am..getting my exercise letting the dogs in and out..they act skittish when the dh gone and bark at every little noise..such big protectors dyan congrats on breaking that nasty plateau..meowee hope your puters are working better,are the "kids" getting along better? rosetta,jeanne and ruth hope all is well in your world..my dd should be here soon,shes going to help me organize my clothes closet so i can get at it easier and get rid of the stuff that doesnt fit anymore..have a nice day everyone rosey
Old 09-15-2008, 08:43 PM   #45  

Cool

Hi, all. BGL varies from a low of 114 to hi of 147. No explanation, as usual. It's cool here and the light has changed. It acquires a slightly yellowish cast, like a couple of layers of old wax. Job is still stressful. Was so tired on Saturday I could barely move. No way to live.
Dyan - glad you escaped Ike.
Meowee - I love to play online Mahjong too.
Rosey - You're lucky to have such an attentive family.
Jeanne - where are you? Hope all is well.
Closed Thread