Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #46  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Wishing you a great smoke-free day . . .

Also . . . I put an interesting new article about the genetics of diabetes on the main board and thought I give you a link, gang . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...27#post2230027
Old 06-17-2008, 03:26 PM   #47  

Cool

Hi, all. Sunny today. Feel bloated today. Ate too much yesterday, I guess. BGL was 142.
Meowee - I haven't taken Actos in over 2 weeks. I'm taking glyberide though. I'm thinking it may have been the cinnamon roll I ate for breakfast both times I hypoed. I only do it on Fridays. The rest of the week I just have tea. Enjoy your trip to the gyno.
Jeanne - When I quit, smoking was still allowed in the workplace so it was really hard for me to sit down at my typewriter and not light up. There was still one smoker in the office but fortunately she didn't sit near me. I was a space cadet for several weeks but it passed. Just take it one day at a time and think about how much money you're saving.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #48  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Spent 90 minutes in the waiting room for my 15 minute appointment with the gyn yesterday -- glad he didn't check my blood pressure. At least he changed the picture on the ceiling over the examining table since the last time I was there. Two of the cutest little chocolate lab puppies you'd ever want to see. And . . . his scale weighed me 1 pound lighter than my own. Always a pleasant and totally unexpected surprise. Especially since it was 4 pm and I was fully clothed vs the meeting with my scale which was around 5 am and fully unclothed.

This morning the BLG blipped up a little to 7.6 (137) and the weight blipped down a little to 218.8. Strange -- sometimes I can figure out what causes both kinds of blips; others . . .

Have a great day, gang . . . see you later . . . and may all your blips be downward ones . . .
Old 06-18-2008, 12:33 PM   #49  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

First thanks for all the encourageing words on my smoking,,it has made it a little easier that someone else cares,,its strange Rosetta but what you said is so true about being a space cadet ha,,it's like i go to do something and it doesn't feel right ?,,then I realize it not smoking while I am doing what ever it is,,comp,,driving,,talking on the phone,,all habits,,,haven't even cheated on a puff since friday I think,,and my hubby smokes also but has been pretty good about going outside,,this week end will be a test going to see my boys,,and they all smoke and the spouses also,,will really see how strong I am,,,(:

bs was 140 this am,,but slept in and when I do that it is usually a little higher,,?,,been eating really good tho,,for one I know if I go hog wild right now with not smoking I will gain like crazy,,so have been good in the eating department but the "D" scale won't move

Meowee wow what a nice surprise for you and the scale,,good for you,,you must be doing something right !!! anyone heard from Rosey ?,,,ok later have a great day all and thanks again for all your wonderful support,,,Jeanne
Old 06-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #50  
Onward and Downward

Well . . . today things blipped the other way . . . BGL down a tiny bit to 7.2 (130), weight up a tiny bit to 219.2. Such fun.

Good for you on the non-smoking regimen, JEANNE . . .

Looks like a busy day for me . . .

The Bengal twins have to go to the vet for their annual shots. Will probably take two of us an hour to get them caged up. Then they will screach and complain the whole time. When they get back home again, they will disappear from sight for at least two days and it will probably ake about 3 months before I can get near them again -- they are definitely not the most tractable cats I've ever shared my home with. They are, however, great grudge holders. No idea where they are right now -- haven't seen either one since I brought the cage in from the garage.

After that, guess LouLou and I will do our normal Thursday afternoon shopping tour -- if we've got any energy left after the wrestling match with the cats..

To top it off, it's cold and very overcast . . . difficult to believe it's only two days until Summer is officially here . . . I'm still waiting for Spring.

Anyway . . . hope you all have great days planned . . . keep things moving and shaking, gang . . .
Old 06-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #51  
Never Ever Give Up !

Hi,,wow,Meowee I don't envy you..I have two house cats both totally differant,,my dogs won't bother them if the dogs come in the house,,but if I was to let the cats out they would kill them,,isn't that strange,,so my cats have never been out except for a excape once while hubby ran after and kept the dogs away,,,one of mine is a grudge holder also,,ha,,anyway good luck,,,

bs 130 this am,,scale not moving,,,but haven't smoked so far even had a shift drink after work last night and didn't have one,,,wow,,that was good,,ha,,,take care over cast and kinda ugly here also,,,hi Rosey where ever you are,,,Jeanne ps,,where is everyone else anyways ?
Old 06-19-2008, 03:04 PM   #52  

Cool

Hi, all. We're in the midst of another heat wave, but it's supposed to cool down over the weekend. BGL was 178 this a.m. The completely inept mail pharmacy chosen by my insurance company has not yet mailed by prescriptions! I had to spring for a supply out of my own pocket.
Meowee - good luck with the cat rustleing!
Jeanne - Courage! You're on your way to beating the cigarettes!
Old 06-20-2008, 07:03 AM   #53  
Onward and Downward

Not in a good mood this morning -- partly tired; partly still trying to recover from the "cat ordeal" of yesterday; partly the BGL of 8.2 (148); partly another upward weight blip -- hey you get the picture.

Hopefully I'll be back later and in a better mood. :
Old 06-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #54  
Never Ever Give Up !

Hi all Rosetta hope it cools down for you,,we are headed into a heat wave this week-end,,the Mosquito's this year are the worst I have ever seen,,I mean usually down by the river but we have them bad up on our mountain and never like this,,I am ate up so is hubby,,Not fun,,!! Meowee hope your mood gets better and you have a nice week-end,,

my bs was 144 got up in the night and had one of those 100 calorie snacks,,BUT STILL NOT SMOKING,,,so that is good,,well hope you all have a great weekend and talk to you on Monay,,going to kids over the weekend will be test for my smoking and it is my grand-daughter's 2nd birthday,,,later all ,,hi Rosey,,,Jeanne
Old 06-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 182/176/130

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon,
We are having a cool spell here, not a single 90 all week! So I guess I am saying bye to Spring and now the real summer will start. I am dreading it already!
Jeanne~~You are doing so well with not smoking! I know I have to quit and I just can't get motivated to even attempt it. I hope you stick it out over the weekend. Do you mind me asking how long have you smoked?
Meowee~~Hope today is some better by now!
Rosetta~~Isn't it a pain to pay out of pocket when you HAVE insurance???? I hate that for you! You ought to try for reimbursment at least!
Hope you all have a nice weekend!
Old 06-20-2008, 02:43 PM   #56  

Cool

Hi all. Heatwave still going on. It's supposed to cool down on the weekend. We used to have foggy summers. Now they are hotter. Guess it must be global warming. Almost everyone is out of the office today so I'm coasting. Forgot to take my bgl this am. Ate a cinnamon roll. Will take my bgl before going to lunch to see if I'm hypoing.
Meowee - hope you get out of your funk and have a better weekend.
Jeanne - Can you get some spray to ward off those mosquitoes? Enjoy your family weekend and stay strong. You can do it!
Peggy - My insurance is paying for a 90-day supply through a mailaway pharmacy. They are completely incompetent and delayed processing my prescriptions so that is why I had to pony up for one to get me through the gap. Ugh!
Have a good weekend!
Old 06-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 182/176/130

Height: 5'1"

Jeanne~~~do you know what Listerine Mouthwash is? Put you some in a spray bottle and spritz everything! your clothes, shoes, the ground around where you are sitting or the swingset,etc. No more biting bugs! Even no see ums!
Old 06-21-2008, 06:58 AM   #58  
Onward and Downward

I also read that dabbing on a little antiperspirant can help take the itch out of a bite.

Well . . . I'm still in a rotten mood and both the BGL and the weight reflect the fact that I ate every crappy thing I could find in the house yesterday -- scale climbed 2 pounds (mostly water, since I really don't think I ate 7000 calories) and BGL was 9.3 / 167 this morning

Today will be better.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:40 AM   #59  
brn
brn

Today, I checked my bg 3 times which is a big improvement. 108 before breakfast, 84 before supper, and 99 at bedtime.
I hope these readings continue once I've finished Chipro.
Breakfast: egg w salsa, and lf biscuit w sf jelly & lf
Lunch: bagelful, and chicken. These were eaten about an hour apart.
Snacks: to many
Supper: tomato soup & crackers, roast beef sandwich, and 2 cookies.

I really need to preplan my food and stick to that plan. If I'd do that my meals would be much better and I'd do better with my carb choices.

Exercise: Shopping and 60 mins pool time
Old 06-22-2008, 06:57 AM   #60  
Onward and Downward

Weight blipped back down . . . BGL is still weird . . .
Closed Thread