Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 08:38 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default "DIETING WITH DIABETES" - Nov/Dec, 2007

Here we go -- it's another brand new month -- a whole new start for our continuing journey down that long winding path to better health and fitness. Since things have been rather slow around here lately, I thought we'd have a two-month thread to finish off the year.

If you are a continuing member . . . . . . to our new chat thread. Glad you could make it.

If you are a brand new member . . . . . . as well as the new chat thread, and to the Diabetes Support forum. Please drop in to the "Getting to Know You" (Sticky) thread to read a little about some of us and to tell us a little about yourself.

I'll be looking forward to seeing less of you, more often, gang . . . have a great moving and shaking kind of day . . . keep doing the best you can, as much as you can, and the rewards will follow.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:30 AM   #2  
Happy New Rears!

Hi everyone, Happy November!

When will I learn? last night I had pizza that we ordered instead of my regular dinner of grilled chicken/veggies/brown rice and I felt rotten and sluggish afterwards. I know that I will feel like crap, yet I continue to do things like that when the opportunity arises.

Even though I had pizza and mini mars bars, my sugar this morning was 6.1 (110) around the same as it has been for the last 10 days when I was eating healthy.

I have started my packing for my trip.... laying out the necessities and trying to decide what to take. We fly on November 19th.

Here are some photos from Halloween at my house last night... my 13 year old daughter (the witch) set it all up.

Last edited by ThinGirl in FatBody; 11-01-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:18 PM   #3  

Morning everyone..its windy and cold here.. i was up early and liked that quiet time with coffee and my book.. we had a nice time at my dd house last night.. the halloween tunnel spook house to their front door was amazing..they really went all out..my dh took me out for dinner after; his favorite chinese..i tried to be careful..my sl was 104 this am so not to bad..thin nice pictures looks like your family had fun too..not sure whats on my agenda today..i guess it will be a surprize to me too ttfn rosey
Old 11-01-2007, 04:32 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

No chocolate and no pizza for me last night, but my BGL was terrible this morning. Probably because I finished off almost an entire container of Cool Whip as a bedtime snack last night (just to get rid of it, of course -- see further information below) and after being so good for most of October, too.

So, here we are starting a new month . . . In October, I added a little formal exercise to my normal routines (not much, but enough to be able to say I actually did something almost every day last month). For November . . . I plan to continue down that road and -- drum roll pleaaase -- kick my Cool Whip addiction -- Now, there is nothing wrong with a little CW; but I cannot 'do' a little CW. It's gotten so it's like ice cream, chocolate, and peanut butter in my hands. No control whatsoever.

Anyway gang . . . hope you've all had a pretty good day . . . We've had a mild, but extremely windy one and now it is just pouring -- luckily I just got back from my regular "shop 'til you drop" Thursday outing when it started.

See you later . . . keep doing the good stuff . . .
Old 11-01-2007, 09:28 PM   #5  

Hi everyone.. i finally got the results from my blood work in the mail today.. so my a1c was 6.4 and my overall cholesterol was 154..and the rest i dont understandesp the diff between good cholesterol and bad and the ratio between.. anyone that can explain it to me would help.meowee.. do you add stuff to the cool whip and is it the sf /ff kind?? doesnt sound like a bad choice..i couldnt eat a whole bowl tho..now if it was the real deal like whipping cream well then i could do that ttfn rosey
Old 11-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #6  

Hi everyone! I planned to have only playdough for Halloween, then my daughter and son in law bought candy! Grrr. I ate two small reeses cups. Today, I decided they were yucky and did not eat any more. I went to North Georgia today and got my pots that my friend fired. The kiln overfired and everything was ruined. I was kind of sad about that. But, nothing I can do about it now.

I just made a batch of Amish Friendship bread. The recipe I was given called for so much sugar and vanilla instant pudding. I seriously doubt the Amish use that! I found another recipe without it, but then I forgot to add the sugar! It actually is not too bad. Not at all sweet, which is fine with me. I put apples in it, and it tastes good.

The cut on my finger is healing nicely. I am using liquid bandage on it, and that stuff is just awesome! I think I may be able to throw tomorrow.

My morning bg is still all over the place. I hope I can get it figured out soon, but I have no idea why it is like it is. I know I need to add more exercise, since I have had arthritis problems with my ankle the last week or two and have not been walking. Then I missed water aerobics, which did not help.

I hope November is wonderful for everyone!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #7  
Happy New Rears!

So today my BG was 6.7 (121) after eating great yesterday, including grilled chicken and spinach salad for dinner.

Yesterday my BG was 6.1 (110) after eating pizza and mini mars bars.

I'll never figure this out.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #8  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . . . . Oops, guess that S/B Good Afternoon.

One day "clean and sober" (NO COOL WHIP). I really scare myself when I think about how much of it I was eating. Hey, to my mind (or tongue ?) a serving of CW was getting close to being a CUP at a time rather than a mere 2 to 3 TBSP . . . The more I ate, the more I wanted . . . that has got to constitute addiction.

Anyway after starting yesterday at 7.8 (140), I finished the day at 5.8 (104) and that . . . the 5.8 (104) . . . is also where I started this morning.

We have another nice sunny day . . . but it is windy again . . . and apparently this is just the proverbial "lull" before the "storm". We are being told to prepare for a direct hit from Tropical Storm Noel (which is kindly missing the US coastline almost completely). Although it is not expected to be upgraded to a hurricane, we are expecting winds of 75 to 80 mph and upwards of 4 inches of rain over the course of tomorrow.

Got one nice surprise on my shopping spree yesterday . . . WalMart has finally figured out why they haven't been selling any books or magazines lately now that the Canadian dollar is slightly higher than the US dollar. They have finally started selling at the US price on the cover instead of the Canadian which is usually 20% to 30% higher. We are probably still paying too much for a lot of other things where the situation is not quite so obvious, but at least it is a start. Hopefully the rest of the booksellers will follow suit really quickly. I do like to give books at Christmas.

Well, I'd better get moving since I still have a little shopping to get done and it definitely sounds like tomorrow will be a stay-home kind of day.

See you later . . . keep things moving and shaking gang . . .
Old 11-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #9  
Time to get serious!!

S/C/G: 345/333/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone fairly new hear... I'm doing SB for now to control my sugars

Right now I'm getting for a last day lunch for a co-worker at a mexican place I hope they have taco salads (mexican food is evil )

Just popping in quickly
Old 11-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #10  
Onward and Downward

Hi GEEKGIRL . . .

to the group and too. It's a wonderful place for lots of support and encouragement while we travel down the long, bumpy road to better health and fitness and I know you will love it here too. Unfortunately having our nasty little disease tends to make the road even longer and even bumpier, but together we can do it.

See you again soon . . .
Old 11-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #11  

Morning everyone.. another rainy day here.. i was up early and even have my dishes done allready..my sl was 93 this am..trying really hard to get back to ww and journaling my foods..im not doing to well in that dept.. i think its just nervous stress..had some upsetting news about my mother who is 85.. she has been having some medical problems and after all the tests they found cancer..im scared for her.. at her age invasive treatments could compromise the quality of her life.. the dr said it was treatable tho with radiation ugh.. i just want to fly there and hug the stuffing out of her but cant at this time.. am glad my sisters are there for her.. anyways thats why im stressed welcome geek girl .. ttfn monet, meowee and thin.. have great day rosey
Old 11-02-2007, 05:51 PM   #12  
Happy New Rears!

Hi everyone....

meowee... hope Noel doesn't cause you any woes.

Coolwhip - I could never be addicted to that, but I could certainly eat a bowl of REAL whipped cream or one of those cans that you spray.... yum!

Monet - sorry to hear about the kiln mishap, how disappointing Does that happen often?'

I've never tried the liquid bandage stuff I'll have to pick some up.

Rosey, sorry to hear about your Mom, what a worry for you all

Hi geekgirl - welcome to the thread! Hope to chat with you often. Enjoy that mexican food

Last edited by ThinGirl in FatBody; 11-02-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:52 AM   #13  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning Gang . . .

Well . . . so far we have overcast skies and it's not even particularly windy . . . but . . . the weather station is still issuing a nasty Hurricane Warning. Predicted to hit us between 7pm tonight and 7am tomorrow. Hey, maybe they are just being overly cautious -- definitely better to be over-warned rather than under-warned, I guess. Time will tell.

BGL finished yesterday and 6.1 (just under 110) at bedtime and, once again, started this morning at that exact same number -- weird -- but I do like the number okay, so won't question the pattern as long as it stays in the 'good place'.

Aww ROSEY . . . I do know how you feel. Hope everything works out okay.

Strange as it sounds, THIN . . . I honestly do not like real whipped cream. go figure?

Glad the finger is doing okay MONET . . . I've never used liquid bandage, but they say it's good as a protective device for we finger-pricking quilters, too.

BTW . . . did you know that November is National Diabetes Month (US) and November 14 is World Diabetes Day? What better time for a little piece of good news to hit my E:Mail for a change . . . http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...11/01&q1=&cen= . . .

Anyway, gang . . . Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. Keep doing the good stuff and I'll see you later -- if I have power, that is.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:45 AM   #14  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post

Strange as it sounds, THIN . . . I honestly do not like real whipped cream. go figure?
Wow, that is strange, I thought for sure you would love it too.

My BG was 5.9 this morning (106) the FRIST time it's been under 6 in over 2 weeks.

I am off to the dietitans today for my weigh in... wish me luck. I also have to shop for a bathing suit... wish me even more luck for that please!
Old 11-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #15  

Morning ladies.. another frosty day here.. my sl was 94 this am inspite of the minisnickers bar i ate last nighti am feeling better.. after talking to my mom and getting the results of all her tests etc..i think shes going to be fine..and she has a really good attitude about all this..medical knowledge is really more advanced and cancer is not a death sentence anymore in most cases..thankyou for the support.. thin goodluck at your weigh in and finding a swimsuit..meowee hope the weather passes you ..monet sry you had ruined art work how disapointing for you,hope the finger better..not sure what on the agenda for today..i used up my nervous energy doing house work yesterday so today i dont have any"have to do's" ttfn rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 11-03-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Closed Thread