Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #76  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Me again . . . just found an interesting little article about FRUIT in my e:mail that I thought you might like to see.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...2b51fcd3b4&p=1
Old 11-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #77  

Hi all,

The cold hasn't caught me yet, I think it is just tiredness, run-down and so on so I am officially on strike as one of my sick members has returned to mind the shop.

I'm currently contemplating a glass of wine, I've cut all drink and caffeine out of my diet so I don't know whether I should be strong or have one glass and enjoy it. But will one glass be my un-doing and destroy all the will power I've built up.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:21 PM   #78  

Hi everyone.. another frosty morning here..i ate something that did not agree with me as i spent most of the night in the bathrm feeling washed out this morning..gee i hate being sick..hope u all are having abetter day rosey
Old 11-13-2007, 08:49 AM   #79  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, Sweet-Ones,

MEECH . . . Did you give-in to the wine last night? One glass really won't hurt so long as it doesn't either lead to lots more or steer you towards binge-eating.

ROSEY . . . Hope things are better this morning. It's so hard to get anything else 'moving' some days. (yes the pun was intentional).

Well, I'm very happy to report that Pictou County in north-eastern Nova Scotia still has nothing to shovel. Pretty much everywhere else in Atlantic Canada (including western parts of NS) have not been so lucky.

I'm also in a pretty good mood about my A1C results -- 6.3 -- and the rest of the bloodwork from the other day was also "great" (to quote my doctor). Don't think he had the urinology results yet, though. Hope that is just as good.

This morning I ran my own little one-shot experiment. I think I've mentioned before that I alternate fingers for testing on a regular rotation. Today's finger got a nasty cut a couple of days ago and it is still quite warm and inflamed. Anyway . . . decided to use a different finger and got a morning reading of 6.9 (124). Then, less than 30 seconds later and just out of curiosity, tried the sore finger, and got a reading of 7.3 (131). I'm recording the 6.9 (still not great, but okay) . . . but thought the effect of the little trauma was kind of interesting.

Lots of interesting stuff in my e:mail in-box this morning that I thought you might like to see -- none of it is directly Diabetes-related, but interesting just the same . . .

First of all, here's one on helping yourself survive the "sniffle season" . . . http://50plus.com/display.cfm?t_offs...cumentID=20345

The next one is also about colds and flu, and explains the difference between the three main types of flu . . . http://www.immunize.cpha.ca/english/influen.htm . . . it also contains a great little chart for identifying whether it's a cold or the true influenza virus that has gotten into you . . . http://www.immunize.cpha.ca/english/...lu/flucold.htm

And, just for a change of pace, here's a nice little gem containing some tips on treating those aches and pains that sometimes come from over-exertion (especially true for those of us that just ain't that young anymore ) . . . http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...11/12&q1=&cen=

Guess I'd better get moving . . . a few things to do and places to go today . . . hope everybody has a great day . . . See you later. . .
Old 11-13-2007, 11:54 AM   #80  
Onward and Downward

Me again . . . just found another goodie in my in-box . . . I think we've seen a lot of these before . . . but they definitely bear repeating . . .

http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...tion_tips.html

BTW . . . Guess I gloated about our weather too soon. I was going out to do some shopping but changed my mind because it is SNOWING wildly out there and it's sticking, too.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:17 PM   #81  

Hi all,

The hubby popped upstairs at the end of his shift last night and said did I fancy sharing a bottle of beer so we had that instead of the wine. I don't think it was my un-doing but somewhere along the line I forgot to take my long acting insulin at bed time and then woke up about 4am, mouth like sand paper, boiling hot and wondering why I didnt feel quite right! You'd think of 30 years of this I would have finally nailed the routine but I guess the tiredness won out and I just crawled into bed and forgot it. Big ooops.

Meowee we never see snow here, too close to the coast and protected by the mountains on Arran so I'm a bit envious but I've heard the Canadian winters are really harsh....good luck with it.

Last edited by meechster2000; 11-13-2007 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention I've lost 5 pounds this week! Go me.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

Hey all, just popping in, about to have my long acting insulin shot. I'm waiting for the day where I can take one shot every 2 days instead of my 5 a day.

Sounds like my fuit n veg intake!! lol

Have you had your five a day? X___x

I really want an insulin pump!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #83  

Hi everyone.. we had several inches of light fluffy snow last night.. Daisy romped and played in it this morning,maybe she getting to like it..im still feeling yucky..so im taking it easy again today..im sure its either a nasty bug or mild food poisoning..my dd and i had lunch the day befor and she had similar symptoms..wont eat ther again.. hoping u all have agrat day..meowee congrats on the good numbers.. ttfn ((((hugs))) rosey
Old 11-13-2007, 10:16 PM   #84  

Hello everyone! My craft fair was so so. I am now trying to decide what approach to take to sell my pottery. I need to sell some to pay off my clay bills!

My bg was horrible the last few days. I can't say why, though this morning it may have been because I ate some ice cream last night.

I am too tired to say much..so I will just try and check in tomorrow after water aerobics! Night!

Old 11-14-2007, 08:53 AM   #85  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Today is WORLD DIABETES DAY. Please spend some time thinking about this disease as you go about your activities today.

In a nutshell --

Type I Diabetes is basically an auto-immune disease and there is probably not a lot anyone can do to avoid it. Only about 10% of the 8,000,000 to 10,000,000 (that's MILLIONS, folks) North Americans with Diabetes have Type I.

However --

Type II Diabetes (which the other 90% have) is basically a lifestyle disease (often a direct result of poor eating and poor exercise habits) and it has reached epidemic proportions world-wide. There is a lot that can be done to assist both current and future generations to avoid Type II. Obviously, by eating better and exercising more.

The bad news -- on a site like 3FC which is dedicated to weight loss -- the proportion of the population with Diabetes, or on their way to a diagnosis of Diabetes, is probably considerably higher than in the general population. The good news -- every one here is trying to take the two most important steps to avoiding and/or controlling Diabetes -- eliminating their bad eating habits and improving their exercise routines -- in order to lose excess weight.

Keep up the good work with your efforts to lose weight and improve your over all lifestyle, everybody . . .

Last edited by meowee; 11-14-2007 at 08:56 AM. Reason: typing errors
Old 11-14-2007, 04:08 PM   #86  

Hi everyone.. another snowy day here..i think the dh is going to have to get out the snow blower to clean up the yard..boy he doesnt like doing that but part of living in alaska..my sl was 97 this am and im finally feeling better with a good night sleep.. the scale said ive lost 4 #'s but i still feel a bit dehydrated so will wait a day or so to see if that a true loss..meowee good info for us all,hows the kitties getting along.. i was cleaning the bird cage this am and Daisy had her nose right up on the cage and she and my parakeet touched nose to beak.. a photo moment gone..monet sry u where disappointed with the craft fair..hope you all have a great day(())) ttfn rosey
Old 11-15-2007, 08:10 AM   #87  
Happy New Rears!

Hi girls, sorry I was AWOL.

My second dose of cholera vaccine made me feel terrible and I was lying low.

I am leaving in 4 days and totally stressed at work -clearing up my desk as best I can and at home, packing and getting stuff read for my husband who will be home alone for 3 weeks while we are gone.

I have not been eating the best I've had some stress induced binges, BG is all over the place at the moment.

Anyway, glad you are all alive and kicking - talk to you later!

PS: I have a weigh in on Saturday and I suspect I'll be adjusting my weight UPWARDS on my profile.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:50 AM   #88  

Hello to all my SWEET friends! My bg continues to be all over the place. High in the morning, crashing after my byetta and meals...I am SO sick of it. I had hoped getting my exercise regular again would help, but it hasn't yet. I have a doctor's appointment in two weeks, and hopefully we will be able to formulate a plan. It is beginning to seriously concern me when I wake up and it is consistently over 150. I am so angry at the endo who messed me up by playing with my thyroid levels. Yesterday, I took extra thyroid meds (new doctor tells you to do this to find the right level) and interestingly, my ankle and heel pain was gone by early afternoon! I took extra this morning and will go out and get a good walk in while it is not hurting.

THIN: Oh, I bet you are getting excited! I hope you have a FABULOUS time on your trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:35 AM   #89  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

I was up too early this morning and my BGL was 7.2 (130). Disappointing after having been a nice 4.7 (85) before dinner yesterday. Cats are still playing silly bugggers a bit -- nobody seems to want to play with poor little Blizzard although mostly everybody (except Purrecious) has stopped hissing and growling at him. Very mild day happening although it is mostly overcast.

Know what you mean ROSEY. Think I need to carry a camera around my neck at all times. Sure hope that 4 pound loss is a sticker.

THIN . . . Wow, you really sound excited. Hang in there and I'll keep my that you get a pleasant surprise at the weigh-in. The vaccine could also be having an impact on the BGL levels.

Oh gee MONET . . . I really hope that the doctor can get your BGL to settle down. I know how hard it is to stay on top of just Diabetes without your thyroid and Lupus problems thrown into the mix. Got the for you too.

Well . . . better get moving . . . even though I was up early, I seem to be running late. Places to go and things to do . . . Have a great day.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:27 PM   #90  

Morning chickies..looks like a nice day here..it stopped snowing and the dh had to shovel he grumbled a bit but got it donei have been doing some cleaning, geting ready for thanksgiving.. i figure if i do a bit at a time its not such a chore..my sl was 100 this am and im feeling more like my self.. the 4# loss is still holding ttfn and (((hugs))) for all rosey
Closed Thread