Old 07-03-2007, 08:13 AM   #31  
stbakd

hi all alls well here.
gledn
Old 07-03-2007, 10:18 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone!

Meowee - I bet you're having a lot of fun with your grandkids... enjoy your visit.

Mickey79sf - dancing burns a lot of calories, and the best part of it all is that you barely even realize it. My problem is that I dance like a thirteen year old white boy having a seizure. I have absolutely no rhythm, so I refuse to dance... too much pride to severely embarrass (AND possibly injure! bust a move!) those around me.

Casandra - congrats and good luck on getting that job. I'm sure it's mind-numbingly boring, but at least it's a steady paycheck, right? I had to get a job a couple months ago for the city, because my own web design business was slowing down so much and I was becoming devistatingly impoverished... my current job isn't the most exciting thing on earth, but hey - it's money. It's unfortunate but true that people rarely enjoy their jobs. It's just work.

Thingirl in Fatbody - I've always loved your display name. I meant to tell you that a long time ago... but it's true. Your display name rocks. And extra exercise is always great! Especially when it's exercise to do something you have to do or go somewhere you have to go... kind of like how I ride my bike to work every day - I figure that if I'm sitting around most of the time on the job, I might as well get some hefty amounts of exercise before and after - a 9.5 mile ride will do it! haha

Captainslady - hello and welcome. You'll get your sugars right eventually; it just takes time. Be patient with the process, you'll get there.

Now... me...
I started a carb detox type thing yesterday, which means making quite a few insulin adjustments. I don't need nearly as much when I'm slashing my carb intake by such tremendous extents. I've hit a semi-plateau from my normal 1-2 pounds a week, so I'm trying to give my metabolism a swift kick in the behind. After all, I have a GOAL (as I mentioned before) to STOP being overweight by the end of this month!

I put an old pic of me around my GW (the 125-135 range) in my sig for more inspiration.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July... not sure what I'm doing for the 4th, but if I have a picnic, I'll most likely be doing the grilling which means I know exactly what's in it!

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 07-03-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #33  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all. Hope you are all well. I'm just trying to survive the heat here. Supposed to be 114F today, so I just hibernate in my air conditioned house. I'm turning into vampira because I only go out at night. I envy all you people with chilly weather. Of course when you all have snow on the ground, I'll be here enjoying the 60 degree weather every day.

Rhonda. Nice to meet you. Hope you'll post often. We've got a lot of veteran diabetics here.

Meowee & Rosey - I know you are both busy enjoying your grands. Monet, hope you are feeling better. Mickey - sounds like it was quite a party. Not sure I want to know what people were taking notes on. Shane - good luck on your carb-thing. Casandra - hope the knee is better. Thin - sounds like you'll get a lot of miles in while dd is in camp. Hi glen - glad you are still good. Jeanne - gosh I feel for you having tough times. Just keeping telling yourself you'll get thru to the other side one of these days. It's hard to keep on truckin' sometimes, isn't it?

This morning when doing blood test, I was looking at my fingers & after testing 4-6 times a day for past 30-something years, the fingers that I use for testing look like the fingers of a professional guitar player - calused, etc. Do you use all your fingers for testing, or do you use only certain ones? I only use the 2 middle fingers of both hands. When I was still working, I never used my pointer or thumb because they would get sore & I used them a lot in my job, so it just became a habit with me not to stick them. Never used my pinky because it hurt to stick it, and also would turn black and blue every time I did.

Hope everyone has a great day, and a Happy Fourth tomorrow for us yanks.

Last edited by soiley; 07-03-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:52 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
Mickey79sf - dancing burns a lot of calories, and the best part of it all is that you barely even realize it. My problem is that I dance like a thirteen year old white boy having a seizure. I have absolutely no rhythm, so I refuse to dance... too much pride to severely embarrass (AND possibly injure! bust a move!) those around me.

I laughed so hard at work when i read that lol and i have to say that i love your style! its similar to my own

ok.. basics.. 155 bsl this am.. not a suprise, i had a pb attack at midnite lol

on friday i get to sit for 5 hours getting my hair done for the wedding and getting nails and crap.. i swear everyone is sooo burnt out at this point.. yesterday was **** just waking up and today wasn't much better. i can't wait to sleep in tomorrow.

to the newbie and to everyone else.. gotta get back to work
ttfn
Old 07-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #35  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hi all and thanks so much for the kind words,,I think some of us have been posting for so long that we are very readable to some,,am greatful for that,,I am down a few pds this morning,,but still up about 11 up from my ticker tape that I need to change,,Yes i am still on the byetta,,,but wondering just how much good it is doing me now,,,we all struggle I know that,,,just seems sometimes to be easier than others,,,my bs was 76 this morning,,but did have a low at around 12 am last night,,,urrrrrrr,,,thought it might be higher than that,,,,

well I am off and hope everyone has a wonderful productive day,,,keep on smilen,,,,,later friends,,,,Jeanne
Old 07-03-2007, 01:40 PM   #36  

Smile

Morning everyone..cool and cloudy here.. the grkids are still sleeping..they where up late last night watching sponge bob.. what ever happned to the good cartoons like chip and dale..yogi bear and tom and gerryi dont get sponge bob but they luv it..today we are going shopping and then taking the grkids to see ratatuiee(sp?) a cartoon movie..my sl was 73 this am a bit lo for me but i feel fine..shane..i luv to dance but im not very good at it so i only dance when im alone and then i let loose..i must be a sight but won't put on a show for anyone..meowee hope you are enjoying your grkid..hi mr ken.. monet hope you are feeling better..rosetta hows it going?..casandra is your knee any better..thin wtg on the exercise..soiley i always test on my left thumb and it has a big a callus on it..mickey enjoy the pampering and it will soon be back to normal for u..jeanne hang in there..captains lady welcome..it takes time to figure out what works for u as we are all different..well chickies and our rooster i sincerly hope i didnt miss anyone so heres a big for all and hope that you all have a good day making good choices for your selves..rosey
Old 07-03-2007, 03:43 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

The problem I am having with my job, is its soo dull, I have trouble keeping awake throughout it!

I basically have to research major financial corporation's clients and update data on them. Addresses, legal names.. I'd rather gnaw off my own toe than sit through this job. Its killing me, because all of the people I work with are SOOO DULL. They dont talk or hardly smile or anything!

And most of you know I'm somewhat of a strong personality/character, and well, I have no creative outlets anymore. Its a job that's nearly impossible to find any joy in, the only joy is a minimum wage paycheck every friday, that will probably fly straight through my hands, I'll never see a penny of it! lol

I'm looking to leave this place in about 6 months, hopefully I can move onto Call Centre or Admin work within a bank, seeing as I'll have 6 months of financial institution experience under my belt. I hate not being able to be around people and talk to them. This job will do my blood sugars in for a long long time. I'll probably have to get into the hospital and demand an insulin pump, because I've started to notice that whenever I'm stressed out, I cant give injections.

I cant get the needle through the skin without a fair amount of brute force.

Topsy Turvy life I live, I'm still trying to keep upbeat about it all.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #38  
Happy New Rears!

Hi everyone, well I did my walks to and from the camp bus, +++ my 45 minutes of cardio. I had a good low fat/healthy dinner and then made my hubby bbq steak and steamed crab legs dripping in butter - I had to leave the room while he ate it, I wanted it so bad :-/ to top it all off I served it with cheesy potatoes and bread & butter

Casandra, what kind of job are you looking for in 6 months, what interests you?

Meowee, hope you and the kitties are still sane with the kids running around.

Shane ~ you dancing like a 13 year old white boy is cracking me up! I feel more like a hippo in a tutu when I dance.

As for finger pricking, I use my pinky on my left hand most often - that was one of the things I was worried about when I was diagnoses (jagging myself) but it doesn't hurt at all and was totally a non issue. When my daughter acts up I threaten to check her BG and she screams and runs away, she is terrified of my blood kit LOL

Hope everyone has a pleasant evening.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

I was suuuuch a lazybutt today! I drove into work when I normally ride my bike because I was running late (oops, 20 miles of exercise-y goodness down the crapper...) and THEN when I got home, I took a NAP! I just woke up. Ah well. Maybe I'll go jogging after dinner

I'm still getting the hang of this much lower carb thing (it can be a difficult balancing act - I'm normally on two types of insulin, a long-acting and a fast-acting, but that's too much for the tiny amount of carbs I'm eating), AND I got low a couple times... which is frustrating if I'm attempting two weeks of LOW CARB because, you know, to get my SUGAR up, I NEED sugar! Rarr! Sometimes, I think that all diet plans fail diabetics... ****, I remember I wanted to sign up for celebrityfitclub.com, but they made me check a box saying, "I do not have type 1 diabetes" - AND it was expensive, so I decided against it. But back to the carbs - I don't think drinking a little juice for a low is really going to harm my progress - I'm probably just being anal-retentive and paranoid. Ooh... my BSL is 104 right now... the perfect number... rock.

Mickey79sf - glad I made you laugh! I love making people laugh... seriously... it's what I live for Also, I think I'd have loved to be at the party with the strippers - I'm sure I'd have questions, too. Speaking of strippers, I have a good friend of mine who used to be a, erm, dancer. She got mad if I called her anything else. WELL ANYWAY, she was rather TALENTED! She could climb that pole all the way to the top, wrap her legs around it and hang from it before doing a backflip down!

akrosey49 - I'm a little more of the SpongeBob generation and STILL never got into it. I think it's... a little silly, but it's been all the rage for, what, 7 years? I never understood, but I know plenty of grown people in their early 20's like myself who are STILL SpongeBob obsessed. Maybe he's timeless; when the nuclear holocaust arrives, the only things that will be left are cooties, cockroaches, Cher, and SpongeBob...

Casandra - Sorry to hear that your job is crap... a crap job withOUT good pay and money that you'll probably never see is sure to bum you out before you even begin, and working with boring, stoic people is the worst. I totally understand, too... my last job had no one who I could connect with in any sort of way (they were all rather trite). I try to be friendly and amiable, and I get along with most everyone, but some people are beyond hope.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 226/210/140

Height: 5'6"

Good evening everyone. Hope all had a good day. I spent a blistering hot day at a state park with a bunch of 9 year old girls for a birthday hoorah for one of them. It was only about 95 in the shade...good grief, it's bad to be menopausal, fat, and surrounded by happy children covered in sand on a July day in Tennessee! Akrosey, wouldn't you like to have been the one to think up Spongebob? Talk about never having to work again! Well, off to bed. Hope everone has a safe 4th tomorrow! Blessings, Rhonda
Old 07-04-2007, 07:51 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Happy 4th of July Everyone,

I just got back from a ME vacation - ate tons of lobster and butter - ate VERY few carbs (NO bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, sweets) - walked everyday it was under 90 degrees - kept my bs around 120-140 (my average is around 125) - and lost a 1/2 lb.

Last time I was at my dietitian, she was really happy with my eating & my bs numbers. I'd like to see them more around 100, but she seems to think that a 125 average is OK. I see the Endocrinologist in September - we'll see what he thinks.

Lynn
Old 07-04-2007, 08:23 AM   #42  
Happy New Rears!

mmmmm lobster & butter.

There is a seafood night coming up at the golf club, is seafood okay for diabetics? Could I eat a lobster/crab and not worry about it?

Good morning everyone, a wet walk in the warm rain this morning. I like walking with an umbrella, it was a nice walk through the park.

Happy 4th of July to my American friends, enjoy your day.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:29 AM   #43  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi . . . I'm back . . . hardly know where to begin.

How about a great big because I know I'll never remember everything I just read had been going on in the last couple of days. Do want to say to the group and to Rhonda, though. So glad to have you with us, chickie.

BTW, I'm a 60-something Cartoon-nut but I don't "get" Sponge-Bob Square-Pants either. I can hardly wait to see Ratatouille (Rat+a+2+ee) however. I only own two kinds of DVD vids -- exercise related stuff and cartoon features. Sixty-four going on toddler, that's me.

So . . . . all six cats and their human serving wench (me) are planning to veg-out for the rest of today . . . we are all exhausted. But it was a great visit. However, I ate way, way, way too much . . . suffice it to say, I'm back up to 229.4 (so much for the 227), but at least that is 0.4 down from last week, so I will change my ticker at long last. Must be that all the extra walking and walking doing multi touristy type things along both the boardwalk and the beach saved me a little. Thank goodness my BGL never hit the 227 mark again. In fact it was a happy 4.6 (83) this morning.

Thanks for the question Jere . . . Do you use all your fingers for testing, or do you use only certain ones? . . . It's a good one. I use all my fingers, in rotation - they are my calendar - my left thumb is 1 and we are now on the 4th finger of the left hand. I adjust the depth of the prick depending on the finger - have to go to a 3 for my thumbs, use 2 for most fingers, and 1 for the little fingers. It's about the only thing I'm rather O/C about.

Okay gang . . . I'd better go get caught up in a few more places. Hope you all have a great moving and shaking kind of day . . . Happy Independence Day to all the Yanks . . . see you later . . .
Old 07-04-2007, 12:54 PM   #44  
creations

Happy 4th of July everyone. Still fighting to get the weight off I gained while on vacation.
Just wating on the kids coming. We are having hamburgers,potato salad,regular salad,watermelon,cake.
Had cereal for breakfast and a fruit salad for lunch. Looks like it going to pour any minute.

Judy S
Old 07-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

THIN I am a people person, and so interacting with human beings is essential for me. I would love to be in Customer Services, a Help desk operator, someone who knows everything and can point you in the right direction. I would also be quite happy to join a bank, and work in a call centre or work as a Receptionist or Administrator.

SHANE - Excellent chatting w/ u yesterday! I actually feel quite the same at this job currently. I hate to disappoint people, but I think I'm going to try and stick it out, at least for a few weeks. I figure that if I'm not suited to the job (after training) then that's that. No need for me to waste time doing something I'm not good at! They did test me on my skills, proficiency in english, maths, etc. And they did a side by side column data match up test which I passed as well. The tests didnt pertain to the job, as far as i can tell. The job is just research! The people make it so much worse. And they offer free hot chocolate, coffee and tea on an account for the company! X___x going straight to my hips.
Closed Thread