Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 07:56 AM   #16  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Sugar-Babies . . .

My son and his family (from Alberta) are arriving today to spend a couple of days -- I hardly get to see them, they live so far away -- My DIL is very, very allergic to cats. She has stayed here in the past (when there were 3 cats) and it is not a pretty sight. Now that there are 6 of them, she doesn't dare try sleeping in this house. Actually going to work out quite well. The granddaughters (age 4 and 13) will stay here so I get a nice visit with them. The parents will stay at a local Motel so they will actually get a little time alone for a change. My poor cats will go nuts . . . they are definitely not used to humans that are able to move almost as fast as they can. should be a fun couple of days. Will probably be a few tears from Angelia (the youngest) because of kitten scratches (unavoidable). Becky is old enough to realize it's going to happen. Jazz is her favourite anyway, so he'll get lots of cuddling time.

So . . . I don't know how much computer time I'll get for the next couple of days . . . but I will be thinking about you, gang, and will stop in whenever I get a chance. Keep things moving and shaking and I'll see you really soon . . .
Old 07-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #17  
Happy New Rears!

Hi meowee, have fun with the family visit!, hope the kitties are not too traumatized.

Good Morning everyone, my BG was a little high this morning again 6.7/120 probably the greasy hamburger patty at the club.

Hope everyone enjoys their day, it's a holiday (no work) here today.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #18  

Height: 5.6

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing great!

My levels are looking good so far today!

Monet - hope you are feeling more the thing today....

Meoweee - Enjoy your visit!

Thingirl - enjoy your day off....

I will check back later - I just slipped in for a quick hi all - since I am at work...

Bye!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:58 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Morning all
well im back from the bach-party and it all went off without a hitch.. the bride was so happy and had so much fun.. and i learned that there are things a stripper can do that will blow your mind lol.. but im also soooo very tired. i had a couple of long drives to and from sacramento. i got in great excerise though.. when we went to the club and danced hard for 2 1/2 hours lol..its funny u never notice how hard u are dancing until the next day when u can barely walk. bsl was 116 this am..so thats all good.. i have no idea about weight, which is also good lol..im not going to weight until the doctor does it before i have to have surgery on august 8th. but now the final thing to go is the wedding and thats this saturday lol. i can see the light at the end of the tunnel now lol.. well hope u all had great weekends, i know i did! and will check back in later.

ttfn
Old 07-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #20  

Morning everyone.. we finally got the rain and boy did we need it.. the grkids are still sleeping altho Daisy did her best to get them up..my sl was 84 this am.. meowee how fun for you to have your family visit..enjoy..hello to all and hoping u all have agreat day rosey
Old 07-02-2007, 02:11 PM   #21  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hi all just a drive tho to say howdy and tell everyone to have a great day,,,my wt is up and i am so tired of fighting it,,,but of course will keep on going on,,new month,,trying for a new frame of mind,,weather is beautiful,,a little on the cool side today,,,ok my me,,was hot ,,hot yesterday,,,bs are running high to,,,oh well can only do the best that we can do,,,?,,,take care all good to see new folks,,,Meowee have a great time with the family visit,,later all,,Jeanne
Old 07-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #22  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey79sf View Post
and i learned that there are things a stripper can do that will blow your mind lol..
I'm afraid to ask
Old 07-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

Thanks Meowee, your words are always helpful and welcome! <3

Yah Thin! I actually live in Ruabon, just a skip hop and less than 10 miles from llangollen!

YAY! ^-^

My knee keeps flaring up, and I've stopped taking my co-codemol which I was prescribed for the pain. It causes drowsiness, and I have noticed that when I take it, I get the best night's sleep ever, but I dont want to stay awake during the day! I actually took one at 9am one morning, and fell asleep at my desk before 10:30am.

My sugar has been ok, I actually missed my appointment today, completely forgot, and I couldnt get there anyways. I have moved my long acting insulin to overnight, because it lasts for 16 hours, I need it most over night.

I'm sure this will work better for me. I can take it with dinner.

I am so nervous about tomorrow, hopefully I will be able to stay awake for the whole day, as my job is pretty dull.

Hugs n Kisses all xxoox
Old 07-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #24  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casandra View Post

Yah Thin! I actually live in Ruabon, just a skip hop and less than 10 miles from llangollen!
Cool! I stayed at some place called 'The Hand' we went to the pub late and got locked out one night lol

Sorry to hear about your knee aching, can you put some ice? or heat on it?
Old 07-02-2007, 05:41 PM   #25  

Hi Everyone! I am still under the weather with this cold. My son in law gave me some allergy medication that helped my daughter...it has dried up some of the congestion, but I still feel kind of bad.

Saturday night, I started adding pottery pieces to my online pottery store, and I sold a piece Sunday afternoon! I was pretty excited. I packed it up and shipped it out today. I did not charge enough for shipping, so I need to learn some stuff, but I am sure I will get it all figured out eventually. I hope I can sell some more stuff! I need to pay for my clay and glazes!

My bg was up a bit the last two mornings, I am guessing because I have been sick, and also I have not been exercising. Getting in the pool while trying to breathe with this congestion just doesn't sound appealling!

I sure hope this cold is better tomorrow! I hate being sick and it is beginning to irritate me.

MEOWEE: Enjoy the grandkids!

ROSEY: Good luck with the blouse! It is a GOOD problem if you have lost weight!

MICKEY: I am glad the weekend went well....I have NO idea what you are talking about with that stripper!

JEANNE: Are you still taking the Byetta? I know the frustration...my weight is up and down, up and down. I get sick of worrying about it.

CASANDRA: You might want to try ibuprofen for your knee. I have Lupus, and a lot of arthritis problems because of it. An anti-inflammatory drug will help take down the swelling and allow the joint to heal. You have to take it regularly even if you don't feel pain, to keep the swelling down long enough for the healing to take place. That is what the doctors told me when I had serious joint problems. Congrats on the job, btw! I am sorry it is boring. But hopefully the paycheck will help with that!

THIN: Enjoy your holiday!

PENNEY:
Old 07-02-2007, 06:14 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinGirl in FatBody View Post
I'm afraid to ask
Lets just say the girls at the party were taking NOTES!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:14 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 226/210/140

Height: 5'6"

Good evening all! Hope everyone is having a good July so far. Only another month and the kids start back to school. Seems like they just got out. My bsl (fasting) are running 170's and I can't seem to get them down. Granted, I have only been diagnosed for about a month, and been checking my levels about 3 weeks now. Of course, my first fasting level was 230, and it has come down considerably, and I'm not on any meds. My doc wants to give me, in his words, "a chance to get ahold of myself" and lose some weight and get started back on an exercise program. I have lost about 18 lbs and started walking 40 min/day (ran part of that today) . My next A1c is not till Sept. Surely it will be better than the last one(9-yikes)! Have loved reading over the forums and gotten some great recipes. Great talking to ya'. Blessings,

Rhonda
Old 07-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #28  

CAPTAINSLADY: Good to have you join us! Sounds like you are doing the right things to get the bg down. Walking and other forms of exercise are great for reducing your sugar levels. And way to go on the weight loss! I bet your next A1C is going to be MUCh better if you continue as you are!

Old 07-02-2007, 10:47 PM   #29  
Happy New Rears!

Hi Captainslady, welcome to the forum. Keep up the good work withthe walking (and running!)

I am also newly diagnosed (May 1)

Congrats on losing 18 pounds already, that is terrific!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:04 AM   #30  
Happy New Rears!

Good Morning Everyone

I'll be getting some bonus exercise in for the next severalweeks as my daughter goes to a summer camp and we have to walk to meet the bus at a local school. So for me it's 10 minutes there, 10 minutes back - twice a day

It was a chilly walk this morning, though

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.
Closed Thread