Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Hey Ladies & Gent
I have a question, how does everyone feel about having a weekly goal or game or challenge. I have seen some really cute ones that are non pressure but they make things fun and shake things up a bit. I wanted to see if anyone was interested before investing in to much typing lol. well weigh in and let me know.
ttfn
Old 06-08-2007, 03:29 PM   #92  

Cool

Hi, all. My, this thread has been very active lately. Welcome to all the newbies. It's a good place to share. I've been very bad. Can't get back on track and my weight is climbing. Oddly, though, my bgl has gone down this week -- a.m. in the 130s and 140s. Once it was 122! That's pretty low for a.m. readings for me. My doc wants me to test at least twice a day, but I find it difficult. I don't eat at regular times and I drink tea with sugar and milk throughout the morning (that's my usual breakfast) so there's really no "after" time, except early evening, if I remember.
Going to a concert Saturday night and will spend the weekend trying to talk myself back to my fasting program (partial). Oh, dear, the office landlord just delivered a box of Haagendaz ice cream!!
Old 06-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #93  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi all . . . I'm back . . . and a little P***** off. I would never have expected it would take 3 hours to install a new windshield . . . live and learn . . . but boy oh boy; did that ever screw up the rest of my plans for the afternoon. Obviously I should have asked when I made the appointment -- but they probably would have told me "about an hour" anyway. Seems to be the stock answer.

Funny co-incidence . . . D:Life also has a little article about hypos . . . but this one is from an entirely different (and rather lightly plippant) point of view . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...on_060607.html . . . just for fun.

Hi Soiley, Mickey, Rosey, Rosetta . . . , , , Good to see you all.

Mickey why don't you give us a little sample of what you have in mind? Have to admit I usually shy away from the kind of challenge that says "I will do something"or I will lose this amount" by a specific point in time . . . because I have never succeeded in meeting one of those goals yet and it drives me . But, that is just me -- can't speak for everybody else.

Have a great evening everybody . . . here's a little to keep us on the good downward path.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #94  

Hi everyone.. just checked to see whats up.. the grdd and i planted all the flowers..its was windy and cloudy but we managed to get wet and muddy and daisy was crazy for the water hose..lots of fun..i made zero point soup a ww recipe made with tomato juice spices and vegetables..had it simmering and we had some when we came inside all cold and shivery..rosetta nice to see you post..yes we do have lots of nice new folks..mickey what kind of contest? im like meowee tho not sure about it..and i hate to fail..have agreat day (((hugs))) the pictures of Hailey and Daisy after all the planting rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cellphonepics 012.jpg (28.5 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by akrosey49; 06-08-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:04 PM   #95  

Hey Meowee Yeah i know what u mean, i don't want it to be anything that causes stress. Like for example i saw one that i thought was cute. they called it 5 for 5. u set 5 goals for the day. the goal can be anything! here is an example
1: Sweep the floor
2: Call the pharmacy & refill my meds
3: Take a 15 min walk
4: Trim the kittys nails
5: Skip after dinner snack

The object is to meet all 5 of your goals no matter what they are. They don't have to be weightloss related even. Now if you don't do one u gotta do the penality Miss 1 goal and u promise to do 1 set of arm curls or whatever modified version that suits your fitness level. Miss 2 goals, U do the first penality + 1 set of leg lifts. and so on and so forth. I think its important for us a diabetics to get in excersise no matter what kind it is and everyone can make up their own version of what their penality will be. its all in the spirit of fun, health and accountablity.

if that one seems a lil complexed, maybe we can do something smaller like a strive for YOUR best bsl week! I just wanna put a lil fan fair into what we already do. well all know that testing and injections and pills gets to be not just tiring but boring, and yet we all still have to do it. why not try and have a lil fun and pep at the same time.

None of this is meant to be any kind of a contest. I just thought that having a group game or event or something would maybe put a lil spark in things.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:15 PM   #96  

Rosey: if u read my original post about it i NEVER said contest. Im not trying to ask for anyone to compete. this isn't the biggest loser i just thought it would be fun to have a focus and to do something more than just post bsl's. You know just forget it. this is already being spun into something negative.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:43 AM   #97  

Hi everyone.. gee am sure sry mickey..didnt mean for u to be upset..contest is just a word..and u are right you never said it in your post..all i said was i wasnt sure and wanted to explore your idea and what you had in mind..hope you all have a great weekend..rosey
Old 06-09-2007, 08:24 AM   #98  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Nothing too exciting on my agenda today . . . weather cannot seem to decide what it wants to be like either . . . BGL was 5.3 (95) this morning.

All cats seem to be doing fine and dandy. Kittens are almost three months old now and they are definitely changing and developing separate personalities and appearances -- although you still have to see them all together to really know who is who. Frickle is getting longer and slimmer (kind of Siamese in body type). Frackle is still a teenyweeny in comparison to the others. Freckle is definitely turning into a 'boy'. He's getting heavier in the body, neck and head than his sisters. Will have to take some pictures and do a show and tell soon.

Here's a couple of ideas for a little something 'extra' we could start talking about around here . . . for those who feel so inclined, and no more of a requirement than posting blood glucose levels has ever been . . . in other words, just another discussion topic.

First . . . to steal a bit of an idea from Lynn's Golden Girls threads . . . how about we start posting our food for the day -- for example; my my breakfast and further meal plans so far (but subject to change, of course) --

Breakfast -- protein pancakes with strawberry-rhubarb compote (made with Splenda, of course) and two cups of coffee with half & half

Snack -- probably an apple and a couple of low-cal cheese sticks

Lunch -- maybe veggie soup
Snack -- SF/FF jello and coolwhip
Dinner -- salmon and "the big salad"
Snack -- FF/SF yogurt with Splenda and cocoa

and/or, . . . how many glasses of water did we drink today . . . I'm about to have my 6th right now . . . should we include SF (diet) soft drinks and/or 'Crystal Light' type products (I think so) . . . how about coffee (I think not)

Anyway . . . hope you all keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . see you later . . .
Old 06-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #99  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - happy weekend to you. I'm up for something to spice up our lives. Anything to keep me motivated and accountable helps me personally. But like others, I don't like to have to compete. Like meowee, it makes me cuckoo. I kinda like the idea of listing some number of things you want to accomplish each day.....I'm so awful at not getting anything accomplished sometimes because I get distracted from thinking about and/or doing them. Rosey, I'm like you. I make that "free" ww soup all the time. I love it. Sometimes I'll even put a serving of carbs in a bowl of it (beans or a cooked potato) and call it a real meal. My plan for today is to plan my foods for next week. I get off track so easily, I'm going to try this and see if it helps. I hope you all have a lovely weekend.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:17 PM   #100  
Happy New Rears!

Hi everyone, happy weekend to you! I am cleaning out my garage today and it is hot and nasty in there, but at least I am getting some exercise, it's amazing the crap that piles up over the winter.

My wake up number was 6.3 this morning/113 - For breakfast I had whole grain - no sugar/no salt cereal with 1% milk and a handful of delicious cherries.

For a snack later I had a peach.

For lunch I had 12 slices of cucumber and 1 slice of whole wheat bread with a little bit of light cream cheese.

For a snack later I'll have some carrot and celery sticks.

For dinner I am having a zucchini/red pepper/low fat cheese - egg white omelet and a salad and tonight probably some more cherries - OMG they are sooooooo good. I'm addicted.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #101  

Morning everyone.. its raining here this am.. glad we got the planting done yesterday..i had a huge amount of fun with my grdd and daisy.. my sl was 113 this morning.. today my goal is to get some sewing done..ive only had my coffee mocha sofar this am.. i used to have at least 3 lg cups but now only one..as it has reg sugar in it(its the only vice i havent been able to give up all together,im addicted)for breakfast i usually have lo sugar oatmeal or amini bagel with lofat cream cheese, lunch is usually small fruit and cheese or a yougart and 1/4 c granola mixed in,dinner is my main meal, meat,a small serving of carbs and a big salad..for snacks i use ww sherbert bars(1pt) or 100cal popcorn mini bag,or some 100 cal snack..i also like almonds for snacking and fruit and vegies of course..i usually drink unsweented ice tea or just water..hope you all have great weekend((((hugs))) rosey
Old 06-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #102  

Hey everyone! Busy as usual here. Just wanted to fly by and say hello! My mornng BG was NOT good...I think it was due to the bowl of popcorn I 'stress' ate last night, late!

MICKEY: I LOVE challenges! I used to do them every Monday over on the Sugarbusters forum, back when it was hopping.... They were basically things like * drink your water, * get in three days of exercise... that kind of thing. Some of the ladies on the SB forum really like them too.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:16 PM   #103  
Onward and Downward

Okay . . . here's where I ended up today (eating-wise) . . . to save room, suffice it to say that my coffee and tea always include a little half & half. From now on, I'll post this information at the end of the day and at the end of the week (Tuesday) I'll post the weekly average of calories and the macro nutrient percentages.

Don't know if anyone else wants to join in . . . but it really doesn't matter. I think posting it will help me stay on track. So I'll just go ahead and do it.

B -- protein pancakes; strawberry-rhubarb compote; 2 cups coffee
S -- 2 low-cal cheese sticks; 2 stalks of celery
L -- 2 cups veggie soup
S -- apple; 1 cup tea
D -- salmon, "the big salad"; SF jello with Cool Whip
S -- 100 cal bag "smart pop"

Have a great night . . . see you tomorrow . . .

PS: had 10 glasses of water = 80 oz / 2500 ml

Last edited by meowee; 06-09-2007 at 10:43 PM. Reason: added the PS:
Old 06-09-2007, 10:53 PM   #104  

Hi everyone.. a really lazy day.. didnt even get dressed.. watched a good movie " a chick flick" as my dh would say..It was called the Holiday..for breakfast i had a coffee mocha.. for lunch(brunch) we had a vegie omelette(2 egg) and i slice of ww toast..afternoon i had cup of russian tea(if you want the recipe ill post it there)for dinner we had bq beef ribs,coleslaw, and watermelon..havent had a snack yet as we just had dinner..i like the fact that we are posting our menu's gives me new ideas and helps keep me accountable..hope you are having a nice weekend rosey
Old 06-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #105  
Happy New Rears!

Okay, I'll bite - what is Russian tea? lol

Everyones menus sound so much better than mine
Closed Thread