Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 02:49 PM   #46  

For those pondering the rise in bg numbers...the liver does produce sugars and dumps them into the blood in the morning. The theory is that the this is to give you the energy to wake up and get moving. I notice if I get up at 6 or 7 and check my bg, it is usually around 120 or less. If I sleep in, like Meowee noted, I have higher readings, 130 or more. I guess by then your meds are wearing off too, and nothing is keeping the liver from over doing it.

I had another good reading this morning...112. Still no word from the doctor on the blood work, but I would have been surprised if they had called by now! Most doctors make you wait a week.

It looks like rain today. It actually drizzled just a bit. It is very dry here, and there are drought conditions. In south Georgia there have been forest fires, so any rain is very welcome. I feel terribly selfish being disappointed, since I wanted to go get in the pool. As long as it is not thundering and lightning, I intend to get my 45-60 minutes of water aerobics in.

Off to find something for lunch! Take care everyone!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #47  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hey again,,does anyone belong to the d-life ?,,,I went there and was reading about it,,didn't realize you had to pay 19 something a month to belong,,and don't know that much about it so thought I would ask anyone out there and see if they know and if so what they think of it,,thanks,,Jeanne
Old 06-05-2007, 04:48 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hello Eveyone,

I went to the dietitian today. Basically, she was pleased with what I have been doing - eating a VERY low-carb diet and testing 2 hrs after every meal + morning + bedtime. However, she wants me to also test before lunch and before dinner. Then, determine what I will eat at each meal based on my BS numbers before I eat.

She averaged my numbers and came up with the following -
waking - 131 avg.
2 hr after breakfast - 124 avg.
2 hr after lunch - 129 avg.
2 hr after dinner - 123 avg.
bedtime - 129 avg.

She thinks with a little tweaking I should be able to get my numbers where they should be without adding any more meds.

Lynn
Old 06-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #49  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Okay . . . it's 6 pm in Atlantic Canada . . . it's evening now, and I only promised to be quiet for the afternoon . . .

Jeanne . . . I'm a member of the general D:Life Community and it is free. I guess you must mean this new thing they've started fairly recently -- Diabetes Meal Manager. Afraid I don't know anything about it except what is written on the main site. My guess (and that's all it is) would be that it is simply another on-line diet site but with a leaning toward those with diabetes. The recipe analyzer is a nice extra touch. Personally it's not something I'd spend my money on . . . but that's just me . . . I don't even use Fitday or any of the others that are free. If you decide to try out the free week, let us know what you think of it.

Lynne . . . So glad your meeting with the dietician went so well and the news was so good.

Monet . . . Great explanation of the 'dawn' phenomenon which accounts for most of the more minor fluctuations, such as we've been mentioning lately around here.

However, not to try to frighten those of you who have been recently diagnosed, but be aware that the liver can really get carried away sometimes . . . especially if BGL drops extremely low (hypo-level) in the night. One of my favourite middle-of-the-night activites, unfortunately. Usually I know if I had one of those 'hypoglycemic-events' because they wake me up. Sometimes I will sleep through and then I wake up with some extremely high numbers -- like double my usual morning BGL. This is a thrill most often reserved for those of us who use insulin. Luckily, most Type II's don't experience a lot of hypos (either day or night).

Have a great evening . . .

Last edited by meowee; 06-05-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #50  
Happy New Rears!

I go tomorrow at 3pm to get the results of my bloodwork, I'm hoping my A1C test has come down. I'm doing much better on the metformin.

It is freezing here in Toronto, with a frost warning for tonight. I just brought in all my hanging baskets/plants so they don't die in the frost. Where is summer? lol
Old 06-05-2007, 05:27 PM   #51  
Onward and Downward

Good Luck on the A1C . . . things have warmed up down here today . . . but what you have now, we will get eventually (thanks to the jet stream).
Old 06-05-2007, 09:22 PM   #52  

You two could move south...WAY south and then you would have summer. It was about 90 today, sunny and clear. We did have a bit of drizzle and some thunder, but unfortunately no rain! (we are in a drought here...)

Dinner was Chinese Lion's Head- a pork meatball with nappa cabbage which is a family favorite. I also made brown basmati rice.

I got in 45 minutes of water aerobics this afternoon. I was proud of myself...I want to work up to an hour minimum daily. I love water aerobics because you get cardio and resistance training all in one..the water resistance helps build muscle. SO efficient!

Old 06-05-2007, 09:30 PM   #53  
Happy New Rears!

Good for you Monet! getting your exercise in like that.

I am using a step box, I did 30 minutes today - It may not sound like much but I started with 15 minutes every second day and that was killing me, now I am up to 20 - 30 minutes everyday.

meowee ~ thanks for the good wishes, I am really curious to see if my diet and little bit of weightloss has helped my numbers.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:18 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

The good news is that my scale read 171.6 this morning - down from 173.8 yesterday! The bad news is that my glucometer read 134 this morning. Tonight I will try to substitute my 5-carb snack with a cheese stick and see if that helps my BS tomorrow morning.

Lynn
Old 06-06-2007, 07:28 AM   #55  
Happy New Rears!

My BS was 6.0 this morning, the lowest ever since I've been checking! I think that's around 110 for the US.

Good Morning everyone, I hope you all have a great Hump Day
Old 06-06-2007, 09:39 AM   #56  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Just a quick this morning . . . many things to do and places to go . . . the sun is shining and a high of 25C/77F is predicted. Had a restless night last night and got up at 4 am . . . BGL was 4.9/88 . . . had coffee and breakfast and went back to bed until 9 am . . . so my day is all upside down and backward already.

THIN . . . good BGL . . . BTW to get from Canadian BGL to US, multiply by 18 (and, obviously, divide by 18 to go the other way).

LYNN . . . don't worry, it will all come together. Enough of those good scale numbers will help to get the good BGL numbers, too.

MONET . . . that dinner sounds terrific . . . but other than being able to spend so much great time in the pool, I'm definitely not envious of your weather . . . thanks anyway.

Another good article in my in-box this morning. This one is all about the various kinds of neuropothy . . . http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...ntentID=204311 . . .

Have a good moving and shaking (either in the water or on the land) kind of day, chickies . . . see you later . . .
Old 06-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #57  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hi all sunny here but chilly,,feels so good,,had a lot of rain yesterday and sure is green out,,on the down side I woke up with a bs of 166 (drat) slept in a hour or so but still,,,next month am going to the doctor and seeing about getting on insulin,,it makes me feel sad,,kinda like I am giving up the battle and need to turn this around in my head,,there is a part of me that wants to believe what he says,,that is ,,that I will have better control and not have all these ups and downs,,,anyone out there I am ready for some free advice if you have some to share,,,thanks,,,my insurance is still going to cost me over 300 now,,and still won't pick up my byetta,,so I am pretty much screwed when it comes to staying on that after this pen is gone,,,don't have a clue what was up yesterday with me,,,I was STARVING,,,haven't felt like that for a long ,,long time,,i ate with in reason but was still starving,,,

congrats on the water exercise,,that is so great and you should be so proud of yourself,,,my back is so out just walking about kills me right now,,,I love to see when some of us can make a goal,,and congrats on the good numbers out there and the wt losses,,,,good for you,,,

I am a member of the dlife as far as news letters and such,,just didn't know what this other paying thing was,,thanks for the input,,I am not going to pay for that tho,,,but it does sound good,,,

Take care you all have a great day ,,,I am off to work today,,sure hope it is a easy one,,ha,,Jeanne
Old 06-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Morning All,
Well i made it through the day without any major hysterics i won't say it was easy though. but now im ready to re-dedicate myself to bsl control and working out and such. so here are my basics bsl this am 123, higher than im used to but coming down from where it had been with all the stress.

Jeanne, i love my insulin lol except the part about having a wee bit more trouble in the weight loss section. but the control is great and i can really control highs and lows for the most part. takes a lil practice but once u get it, it becomes second nature.

Just wanna thank you all for your loving support through a very diffcult time, it truely helped

ttfn
Old 06-06-2007, 02:05 PM   #59  

Morning everyone.. the sun is finally out today and my sl was 104.. still sticking with the eating plan but the scales not budging yet since it s so nice out im going to plant my flowers today and maybe get the dh to help..(((hugs)) for all will check in later rosey
Old 06-06-2007, 03:54 PM   #60  
South Beacher

Height: 4'10

Hi everyone! I am new to this board. I am a 31yo SAHM to one baby boy. I was diagnosed T2 at the end of March. I saw a nutrionist but, as usual, I didn't stick with it. I have finally made up my mind and I want to do this.

Mr dr said my BS were really good except now, my cholesterol is high also. I also have Hypothyroidism and Kidney problems (not from the diabtes-had them before). I really need some support. If anybody has any helpful information please, pass it my way! I am also looking for easy recipes for me and my family. I don't have alot of time to cook with a toddler but, I know that I am going to have to make time. Anyway, sorry to ramble.

I am so glad that I found this forum. I think it will help alot!
Closed Thread