Old 03-28-2007, 02:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'3"

Default Newbie girl

Hi,

Not sure if this is a thread where I would fit in, but I figured I'd drop a line and give it a try. I've been on another thread pretty regularly and decided this would one I would also like to connect with.

I've been struggling with being borderline Type 2 for a few years no. My doctor says that I am still borderline but it's inching upward and I'm scared. I want to nip it in the bud while I can. I have failed at dieting many many many times over and over in the past. Since January, this is the first time I'm feeling ready to take action for my own sake. I started having some health problems in December that carried me into the new year so it made the "borderline" issue more prevalent and to the forefront of my life. I still struggle with eating foods I shouldn't eat (sweets) but I'm more conscious, I think, of what I eat. Thought, it's a moment by moment struggle for me.

Anyhow, maybe I can learn from you guys and get/give support along the way.

Cheers!
julzchiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:22 AM   #2  
stbakd

:wwave: drink water, eat less carbsand exercise. come over to dieting with diebeties. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:55 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi JULZ . . .

Welcome to Diabetes Support . . . as Glen mentioned . . . come on over and join us in our Monthly Chat thread . . . Dieting with Diabetes . . . that's where we all mostly hang out and . . . well . . . chat. Here's a link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...51#post1629851 . . . to the most recent page. Feel free to read back to the top if you've got the stamina.

You might also want to take a look at the "Getting to Know You" Sticky to get some more info about some of the regulars and to enter some more of your background as well.

Anyway, Chickie . . . hope you will be making this forum one of your regular stops on the 3FC rounds. It can really help to be able to talk to others that understnd the special challenges you are facing.

Have a great moving and shaking kind of day . . . look forward to seeing you again, really soon . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote