Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 01:24 PM   #106  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Good morning !! Bs are good this morning with a reading of 117,,had a restless night,,leg cramps,,I hate them and had a busy day at work and usually have them when i get home and try to relax,,think it has to do with my back,,like a nerve running down the back of my legs,,anyway 2 pills later I did get some rest,,It is cold here,,0 at least last night,,snowing all night and still snowing this morning,,,will have to leave a little early for work,,you all know how crazy I get with the scale and try to avoid it all the time,,or get crazy and get on it a 100 times a day,,ha,,well I got on it this morning and it looks like it finally moved a pd or two down,,,,yippie,,,will try to stay off it now for a week,,,

Monet,,strange isn't it how our bs will shoot up for an unknown reason,,stress usally does it for me,,and pain,,maybe the ml coming is the reason,,,just kidding,,glad to hear it is down tho

Caitlyn ,,i have x relatives in Texas,,Pasadena,,don't think that is any where near you ,,nice to see you post ,,,

Rosettastone,,,have you done the fast before ?,,,and is it a drink that you mix,,?,,good luck,,don't think I could do it,,but I do know the feeling of just being ready to be in control,,

Well of to get ready for work,,I feel real positive today,,I like that feeling,,have a great day all and hi to everyone I missed,,,Jeanne
Old 01-18-2007, 04:22 PM   #107  

Morning everyone..im some better..nasty chest cold feeling tired and sluggish but at least im up and dressed today..my sl was 112 this am..thanks for all the kind words..my daughter came by yesterday and did my housework for me and brought me chicken soup..shes just the best kid ever..so today i can take it easy..congrats to all who have lost and for the low sl's and doing the right thing for ourselves(((((hugs)))) rosey
Old 01-18-2007, 06:01 PM   #108  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi everybody . . .

My day is running all upside down and backwards . . . I had a very restless night last night and got up in the wee hours and puddled around since I couldn't get back to sleep. Finally conked out about 8:30 am and slept for four hours. My BGL has been fairly stable; more so than I would have expected, actually. Hope I'll get to sleep at a decent hour tonight. Unfortunately, I get the munchies when I can't sleep; especially after it's been going on for a day or two. . . bad, bad, bad.

Temperature came all the way up to -20 C (about -4 F) today, but it is still very windy making it feel colder. At least the sun was shining. Usually we are calling this kind of temperature weather. Not this strange year, however. Hey at least its kind of weird all over and we are not getting singled out for the strangeness.

JEANNE . . . . . . Yep, we've got the same Winter wonderland. Definitely pretty out there. Really glad to hear that the scale is moving for you. Yippee.

ROSETTA . . . . . . Oh WOW ice cream . . . Glad you enjoyed it while you could. Hope day 1 of the fast has gone well for you.

CAITLYN . . . . . . Hope the haircut is a great one. I'm sure Rosetta will tell you the details about her particular fast, but in the meantime, in general a Medical Fast refers to an extremely low-cal (sometimes as little as 600 calories a day) diet plan and must be very closely supervised by medical staff.

MONET . . . . . . Wow, those are strange and bothersome BGL readings (although I think I might be tempted to discount the 229). Just keep a close eye on things for a few days. If they don't level out, you should probably touch base with the Doctor.

ROSEY . . . . . . Glad to hear you are starting to feel better. What a terrific daughter . . . Want to trade for one of my boys?????? No! Oh well, didn't think so.

Well, kiddies . . . I guess it is time to think about dinner (although it feels more like lunch to me). Have a great moving and shaking kind of evening everybody . . . and here's a double dose of to help keep us heading in the right direction. I have a feeling I'm going to need it. . . especially if I can't get to sleep. See you later.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:38 AM   #109  
LowCarb/Diabetic

S/C/G: 190/177/115

Height: 4ft 11

well hello everyone .. I have been off for a while ..I bought a book the Dr ozz.. Was really enjoying it ,so I started the program thinking "WOW" this is great" .. son as I took some carbs in me in the form of brown rice ..brown bread... brown pasta ..fruit... I started to binge ..I have been so depressed and now realise ,that I can never go back to eating pasta bread or rice for that matter ..because I can never have a little..it makes me binge.. Dr Ozz says in his book that there are some people who are allergic to that stuff and it causes swelling and puffiness and also bingeing .,.. I now know that that person is me ... I have not gone on the scale yet monday is the day,I dont think I have gained as I put myself right back on track ...The book is great for those of you who dont have problems with wheat .... .. NExt week I go for scopes up and down ..and he wants me to do the bowel cleance for 2 days ...there goes a couple of pounds haha I will take what it gives me ! anyway its good to be back on track and look at the site again ... I have been doing 30 mins of exercise a day so that part did not change ..my BG was 10.7 That is about 196 US terms and is not the greatest ..my doctor will have a fit ..... anyway good to be back and I will get caught up on all the post.... by the way
..lizzie I dont think there is one person here that has not wanted to cry after looking at photoes ..including me whaaaaaaaaaaa....
meowee..hope thinkgs settle down more for you .. dont you hate our weather latley! love to all ,,,,, Annie
Old 01-19-2007, 04:34 PM   #110  

Howdy everyone..im feeling a little better.. still have a nasty cough but temps normal and im up and dressed..sl was 112 again this am.. i have been eating yoplait lite yougart and 1/4 c barenaked fruit and nut granola fro breakfast and it seems to keep the hungrys away.. must be all that natural fiber..barenaked granola is a all natural product and i just started using and like it alot..we had snow again last night but it suppose warm up and rain its the weekend allready yikes where did the week go?(((hugs))) to all rosey
Old 01-19-2007, 06:08 PM   #111  

Hello ladies!

Annie,I know I am allergic to carbs in any form. If there is such thing as a carboholic then that would be me

Meowee-thankyou for the willpower dust I will need it if I get snowed in this weekend. That medical fast sounds hard.

Jeanne-I dont live by Pasadena. I am in the very top of Texas.

akrosey-hope you get over the cold. My daughter has a bad one and had to go have breathing treatments.

Seems like a lot of you have insomnia as I do. I dont require much sleep while I low carb. Drives me bonkers to be wide awake at night.

I am anxious to see what the storm brings tonight when it hits.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:02 PM   #112  
Onward and Downward

Hi Gang . . .

Just a really quick HELLO from me tonight . . . the storm is sooooo bad -- heavy rain and very high winds -- I'm very worried about losing the power.

Hopefully, I'll see you all tomorrow when things calm down again. Have a great evening.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:21 PM   #113  

We got bad news today...my husband was laid off. I am feeling a bit anxious about it all. Hopefully, he will be able to find another job soon. He has the only two other times he was laid off...so I am hopeful. I don't feel much like talking...so I will check in tomorrow. Take care!
Old 01-20-2007, 03:12 AM   #114  

Monet im so sorry.. its happened to us too in the past..i will think good thoughts for you and hopefully things will turn out ok ((((hugs)))) rosey
Old 01-20-2007, 08:28 AM   #115  

Monet,my husband has been laid off before and I remember how anxious we both felt.It sure don't feel good! Something better will be in the Lords plan for you both, because I know He cares what happens to both of you.

Meowee,hope you do not loose power!
I went out this morning to shovel snow and slipped and fell flat on my hiney, so I decided to just lay there long enough to make a snow angel. The snow is coming down so hard my angel is gone now.

Will check in later.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:38 AM   #116  
Onward and Downward

Hi Gang . . .

Happily, the roof is still attached to the top of the house. Although the wind is still howling, it has stopped 'precipitating' for the time being and the sun is actually trying to peek through. Hope it continues since I do have to go out for some groceries - cannot exist if I don't have the makings of the daily "big Salad".

ANNIE . . . . . . Glad to see you haven't disappeared completely, girl. That OZ book is definitely an interesting read although a little 'mickey-mouse' in places (IMO, it seems to be trying to explain the intracacies of digestion at a just too, too cutesy level). We all have to find our own method for keeping the Diabetes in control and for losing weight. One size definitely does not fit all. Just keep on doing the best you can, as much as you can, and things will work out.

CAITLYN . . . . . . Right you are . . . Carbs are always a challenge for a diabetic anyway and, for some people, they are really, really difficult to control. I have a terrible time with bread, so I mostly stay away from it, especially the sweet kind.

ROSEY . . . . . . Hope the remains of the cold are soon gone. That's a good BGL for being sick. Well done.

MONET . . . . . . How awful for you. Hopefully, this will be a blessing in disquise and a great new opportunity will be just around the next corner. Please know that we are here for you.

Well gang . . . Off I go to get some things done and those groceries lined up while the weather is being semi-cooperative. Keep things moving and shaking as much as you can and I'll see you all a little later.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #117  
LowCarb/Diabetic

S/C/G: 190/177/115

Height: 4ft 11

Well hello all my friends! God I love this site it so inspires me to continue!

Monet- Iam sure that you are very upset now , But God never closes a door with leaving a window open.. and you both are where you should be this time in your life ... I will keep you in my prayers.

Meowee- Wow what winds we had .. the house is still standing ,at least we are not in the lake .. It was scary.

Just want to tell everyone here how much all your words mean to me...it gives support a new meaning.Its the first time ever that any weight loss site has responces to others needs and is caring ..thanks ..

Lizzie.. where are you ? Please come back as I miss you .Let us know how you are doing ... Annie
Old 01-20-2007, 04:59 PM   #118  

AnnieAre you currently doing Atkins plan? Atkins plan seems to work well for me if I keep my carbs under 25 and not eat to much fat.

Well we have got 8 inches of snow so far ands its still snowing.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:52 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 165/205/120 PREGNANT!

Hey guys I introduced myself in one of the other threads so I thought I would come say hello! I am trying to shed the pounds (go figure! hehe) so I took up calorie counting. My biggest concern, however, is my diabetes. I don't have insurance right now, so no meds or monitor, soooo...I have been trying to eat well. It's all about fruits n veggies mmmmmmmm. I am trying to up my protein and fiber intake, so I will continue to read around and experiment with my daily menu
Here is a link to my fitday journal...

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...suddenly+susan

It's the weekend so I am eating a little differently than I would during the week, but I am trying hard! For example, I ate at Carl's Jr today, but I got a chicken sandwich with no mayo or bacon. I probably overestimate my calories, but I haven't honed my calorie math yet :P

Have a good day all!

Susan
Old 01-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 4' 11"

Hi, everyone I am on day 5 of the SBD and have lost 5 pounds. I have diabetes but have it pretty well under control. I have had two tkr o n my right knee in 18 months time. That is why I gained so much weight, not being able to exercise enough. I enjoy reading about everyone. Joyce
Closed Thread