Atkins Cheesecake

• (originally posted by mmgood on Low Carb Board)

Atkins' Cheesecake
    Hi All,

This recipe is from the Atkins cookbook. It's one of the better dessert recipes in the book. Some of the recipes call for soy flour, and they're not too cute. Soy has a very distinct (and nasty) taste. It's definitely an acquired taste. Anyway, we tweeked the Cheesecake recipe a little, because we are both lactose intolerant. So we just use less, but it is still delicious. My girlfriend even said it was better than sex, if you can imagine that!! Here it is...

16 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
    3 eggs
    1 cup creme fraiche or sour cream (we use sour cream)
    1/2 vanilla bean, scraped (we used vanilla extract, to taste)
    12 packets of sugar substitute (I highly recommend Splenda. It is The Best. You can sweeten to taste too.)

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 15 minutes. Pour mixture into a 9-inch springform pan. Place in a pan of hot water in oven. If water evaporates during baking, add more hot water as needen. Bake for 1 hour, turn off oven and leave cake in oven 1 hour more. This is best when it sits overnight in the fridge.

This cheesecake is 12 servings. Total carb grams is 33, or 2.8 per serving.

For a few extra carbs for the cheesecake you can dust your pan with graham cracker crumbs to make it more like real cheesecake. Just a dusting though.

I hope you enjoy this recipe.
  • Ruth...I have a quick question...have you tried this yet?
    WW CIN
  • Nope - it's not my recipe. Anyhow cheesecake is no longer part of my lifestyle.