Pumpkin Walnut Bread
Really good topped with butter or cream cheese.
Cake (makes 12 servings):
1 tspn vanilla
3/4 cup powdered erythritol (or sweetener of choice)
10 drops liquid stevia (or sweetener of choice)
1/2 cup cooked pumpkin (canned or fresh)
4oz (1/2 cup) melted, unsalted butter
2.75 oz coconut flour (weigh it on a kitchen scale)
1.5 tspns ground cinnamon
1/4 tspn powdered ginger
1/4 tspn ground allspice
1/4 tspn nutmeg
1/8 tspn salt
1/2 tspn baking soda
2 oz chopped walnuts
1. Butter a nonstick 9 x 5" loaf pan and line base with baking parchment.
2. In a large bowl beat eggs and vanilla with an electric hand mixer. Add erythritol and stevia and beat for 1 minute.
3. Add pumpkin and spices and beat well.
4. Add cooled melted butter
5. Mix coconut flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl and add to pumpkin mixture. Beat well to incorporate coconut flour.
6. Stir in walnuts by hand.
7. Spoon batter into loaf pan.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until just firm.
9. Remove carefully from pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Information per serving: 164 calories, 13.8g fat, 3.8g total carbs, 1.9g fiber, (1.9g net carbs), 4.4g protein.
"If you only look at what is, you might never attain what could be"
First Goal Challenge: 10 pounds
Last edited by JerseyPAGirl; 07-29-2015 at 10:21 AM.