Creme Brulee (almost) - adapted by Stephanie
1 1/4 quarts of heavy cream
1/2 vanilla bean split (I just put in about 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract)
1 cup Splenda
12 egg yolks (See note at end on what we did later with the whites.)
1. Combine heavy cream, vanilla and 1/2 the Splenda to a boil.
2. Combine the beaten egg yolks and remaining Splenda
3. Temper egg-sugar mixture into hot heavy cream; cook until thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
4. Fill ramekins 7/8 full, place in water bath
5. Bake in a 325 F (165 C) oven until just barely set, approximately 45 min.
6. Remove from water bath when cool, wipe bottoms of ramekins, and refrigerate overnight.
Note: (about the other 12 egg whites). I got 1 cup of flour from the neighbour's and made an angel food cake, too. Which turns out to be less than 10 carbs/serving so could qualify after induction. We put a raspberry topping on the cake.