Angel food cake ideas

• I'm hosting a bridal shower and about 4 of us girls are doing weight watchers from home. The bride to be's favorite cake is Angel food cake. Does anyone have any ideas to fancy-up the cake and keep it under 4 points a piece??
  • Well, angel food cake is about 2 points for 1/12 of a cake. So you have two points to play with. My favorite is to macerate some berries (sliced strawberries, blackberries, whole blueberries, whatever looks good at your market) with a tablespoon of white wine, a bit of splenda (or real sugar - I just use splenda for the calorie savings), and some orange or lemon zest. Let that sit a few hours, the berries will get nice and saucy. I like to serve a slice of cake (2 points for the 1/12 serving), plus the berries and a dollop of whipped cream. Spoon a little of the juices from the berries over the top, and if you want to be really fancy, top with a sprig of mint. Delicious!
  • That sounds really good!! Everyone else not on a diet would never know!! Thanks so much for the idea.
  • If you put 1 can of crushed pineapple in the angel food powder and mix in up then bake in a 9x13 pan everyone loves it. It is cut in 12 pieces and it is 3 points.
  • that sounds really good too!! I'm going to have to have a couple different varieties. Thanks for the recipie!
  • You could also mix strawberries with a little bit of balsamic vinegar and sugar. Balsamic strawberries and delicious! It doesn't sound like they would be, but trust me, they are.
  • Hi!
    I found a good recipe. Beautiful Bacardi Rum Cake
    Try)
  • I like this cake - Blueberry Mug Cake
    Healthy and tasty!)) Easy too cook)) but for 1 person)