3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Desserts (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/desserts-151/)
-   -   How had I never heard of this? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/desserts/173767-how-had-i-never-heard.html)

mamaspank 06-09-2009 03:16 AM

How had I never heard of this?

Strawberries, sour cream, and brown sugar

I sliced up some fresh strawberries, dipped them in whole fat sour cream, and then dipped that in some brown sugar -- so good! I ate half a flat of strawberries today. And just so you know, I do WW and have been maintaining for about two months at this current weight, haven't seemed to gain anything back despite a lack of going to the gym and my normal food journaling. It's been sort of great.

kaplods 06-09-2009 03:25 AM

That's my favorite way to eat strawberries. Though to save a few calories I use light or fat free sour cream and mix Splenda into the brown sugar.

Primm 06-09-2009 03:38 AM

Strawberries sprinkled with balsamic vinegar and a little caster sugar is awesome as well. And fat free!

JulieJ08 06-09-2009 12:09 PM

mamaspank, I've never done that, but a few weeks ago my sister bought some fancy-shmancy ice cream in that exact flavor: "Strawberries, Sour Cream and Brown Sugar" :)

firefliesandpixies 06-17-2009 02:03 PM

That is the *very* best way to eat strawberries.....so good!

SamanthaJubilee 06-17-2009 02:07 PM

I've never heard of that...but I think I might try it.

I will probably go with the lower fat version of sour cream and use the Splenda brown sugar.

dancerindenver 07-02-2009 10:14 PM

For years I've been making a dipping sauce for strawberries with nonfat plain yogurt and brown sugar (or splenda and brown sugar for myself) that is the recipe that I get asked for most often. Just if you get bored of the sour cream version : )

evilwomaniamshe 07-03-2009 08:10 AM

Hey Mamaspank,
Sorry to hijack this thread. But I cannot thank you enough! I just wanted to say thanks for posting the asian haircut photo awhile back. I so went and finally got that haircut lastnight. WOW, I look and feel chic & sassy & feel even sexier! So thank YOU for posting that picture, so adorable my husband thinks it is! :)

I will give this recipe a whirl too, simplicity works for me! :^:

By the way, your new pictures are great, you look so dang good & cute too. Yanno, I think many would like to "spank that mama" instead of being mamaspank! giggle giggle, everytime I read your name, that is what I read instead... go figure! :dizzy: Thanks again, you rock chickie! :carrot:

evilwomaniamshe 07-06-2009 07:14 AM

Berry berry GOOD!

mamaspank 07-08-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilwomaniamshe (Post 2811164)
Hey Mamaspank,
Sorry to hijack this thread. But I cannot thank you enough! I just wanted to say thanks for posting the asian haircut photo awhile back. I so went and finally got that haircut lastnight. WOW, I look and feel chic & sassy & feel even sexier! So thank YOU for posting that picture, so adorable my husband thinks it is! :)

I will give this recipe a whirl too, simplicity works for me! :^:

By the way, your new pictures are great, you look so dang good & cute too. Yanno, I think many would like to "spank that mama" instead of being mamaspank! giggle giggle, everytime I read your name, that is what I read instead... go figure! :dizzy: Thanks again, you rock chickie! :carrot:

You just made my day! I have been too afraid to do that haircut because I am trying to grow mine out again, but maybe one day I will be brave enough. It's just hair; right?

megwini 07-20-2009 01:45 AM

Hm... I'm not sure if I could justify the brown sugar, but I might try this with plain yogurt and maybe honey or maple syrup or something.

evilwomaniamshe 07-20-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaspank (Post 2818957)
You just made my day! I have been too afraid to do that haircut because I am trying to grow mine out again, but maybe one day I will be brave enough. It's just hair; right?

Hey Spankthatmama,
Don't be afraid, I know I was sorta contemplating on gettin er done, wondering if I could pull the look off, but yanno I can and I DO! So I say, Just do it! I have been getting rave reviews of my new do, I LOVE IT! It's so easy breezy and kinda sexy chic and trendy! I have been donning my 80's hairdo for 20 plus years, and I finally took the plunge and got a trendy haircut! This new do, makes my hair look so much thicker, healthier with all kinds of natural curl came out when I got the stacked look, unbeknownest to me, because I always had paper thin stick straight hair, but not any more lots of body to boot! Thank you again, glad I made your day! :D I only speak the truth!

daybyday10 01-26-2010 02:52 AM

yes strawberries sugar and sour cream is the best.. although i started with bananas when a friend told me about one day. i looked at her like she was crazy sour cream sugar and banana? ew... its actually really good though i love it!

VaporChick 02-10-2012 11:24 PM

I like to rinse the strawberries so they are a little wet (and clean too lol) and then just dip them in white sugar. Never tried sour cream and brown sugar!