Old 01-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/300/220

Height: 5'11

Default Raspberry Strudel

Hi all, I am new to this forum and new to WW Flex. I think I have stumbled onto a recipe for fruit strudel that you may like. Note that this technique can be used for fresh fruit filling like apples as well. experiment and have fun with it...

6 sheets freezer section filo dough
Butter flavored Pam or other non-stick spray
4 TBLS Fruit Jam or Preserves. (I tried the Smuckers Sugar Free Raspberry and it worked nicely)
3 TBLS Sugar

Carefully lay out the sheets of filo one at a time spraying non stick spray between each layer or every other layer. sprinkle 2 T of the sugar between the layers as well.
After the filo all sprayed and stacked, space the 4 T of Jam down the middle of the dough and then carefully loosely roll it up lenghwise. I usually end up with a roll about 6 inches in diameter and 12 inches long. Do your best to fold over the ends to prevent leakage, although some leakage will occur.

Place the roll on a non stick cookie sheet and spray the top with more cooking spray. sprinkle the remaining T of sugar on top.

Bake the roll for about 40 minutes at 350, until golden brown.

cool for about 15 minutes (the filling will be HOT) then cut into 6 generous servings and enjoy.

about 2.5 points per serving...
teegee16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/184/145

Height: 5'2"

This sounds really good. Thanks for sharing!
grasshoppermf is offline   Reply With Quote