For those of you who love No Pudge Brownies:

• No Pudge Brownie Clone
    Ingredients
    1 cup sugar
    3/4 cup flour
    1/2 cup cocoa
    2 egg whites (this is for cake like brownies and is optional)
    2 teaspoons cornstarch
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2/3 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt (a 6 oz. container, Dannon works best)
    nonstick cooking spray

Directions
    1Preheat oven to 350°F.
    2Mix all dry ingredients.
    3Add yogurt and mix well.
    4Batter will be very thick.
    5Spray an 8x8 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
    6Spread batter evenly.
    7Bake for 30-35 minutes.
    8Remove and cool.
    9Dip a knife in warm water and cut into 16 squares.

I always do the single serving recipe: 2 T. of mix + 1 T. yogurt or applesauce in the microwave for 1 minute.
  • are they actually that good? I always wondered about those...
  • Sounds good! I'm going to try them.
  • I think they are better microwaved in a single serving. In the oven they tend to dry out.
  • I was slow to the No Pudge bandwagon ($4-5 at my local grocery stores) but I found these 2 for $5 at Sprouts this past week. I bought a mint box at the insistence of my sister.

OMG they are so so good. I did have to add a few tablespoons (4 to be exact) of water because the mix was so dry. The box says 12 servings at 120 calories a serving. Sad thing, between myself and my family of 3, we ate the entire pan in 2 days! lol

I am going to try this recipe and make it individually (I portion control EVERYTHING for a reason! lol)- this would probably work best for us right now. lol Thanks for sharing!
  • What is the calories and fat on the box? What about in recipe overhead? Please include serving size.
  • From the No Pudge website:

Amount Per Serving (1/12 of 8x8 pan)
    Calories: 120
    Calories from Fat: 0
    Total Fat: 0g
    Saturated Fat: 0g
    Cholesterol: 0mg
    Sodium: 100mg
    Total Carb: 28g
    Dietary Fiber: 1g
    Sugars: 22g
    Protein: 2g

I plugged the recipe above into my daily plate (using common, verified, name brand ingredients) and got:

Calories: 122
    Fat: 0g
    Cholesterol: 0mg
    Sodium: 92mg
    Carbs: 17g
    Sugars: 2g
    Fiber: 1g
    Protein: 2g

Even if the counts are off a tad (possible, since it's Daily Plate), that's still not a horrible count per serving. Although getting 12 brownies out of an 8x8 pan probably doesn't happen often!
  • I am wondering if you could substitute Splenda for the 1 cup sugar? Has anyone tried this?
  • This makes me feel better--I just bought a box of No Pudge. I can't wait to try them, or the above recipe. Thanks!
  • Quote: I am wondering if you could substitute Splenda for the 1 cup sugar? Has anyone tried this?
    I made the black bean brownies recently with Splenda. While I am all about finding the best possible alternative, these things were HORRID. I couldnt even give them away!