Old 02-15-2005, 12:06 PM   #1  

Default Ziplock ice cream idea

if you do not have a lot of ice and you live in a snowy area like I do try using clean snow from outside. This might be fun for kids.
kissesmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:50 PM   #2  
I can do this!!

S/C/G: 294/259.5/170

Height: 5'9.5

casperally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:46 AM   #3  
Gotta Lose it!!

Oh.. We made this in our Chemistry Class.. it was fun!! Here's how we made it:

1 Big Zip Lock Bag
1 Small Zip Lock Bag (Medium size I guess)
Rock Salt
2% Milk
3-4 cups of Ice
Ice-cream flavor syrup (upto u)
Sugar

Makes about 1-1 1/2 cup of ice-cream (or like one whole glass i would say)

+Take One BIG Zip lock bag filled with about 3 cups of Ice and two tbl spoon Rock Salt.
+Take one Small Zip lock bag and put about two cups of milk, 2 to 3 tbl spoon of Sugar, Vanilla flavored syrup or chocolate or strawberry (that's upto u.. lol)

Then take all the air out of the small zip lock bag with milk, sugar n flavor and zip it (seal it.. ? lol).

Then place the small zip lock back inside the Big zip lock back (which has ice n rock salt). *Make sure that the small and big bags are properly zipped*. Then all u gotta do is.. Shake it.. till the ice-cream becomes li'l hard (about 5-7 mins)!

After that.. its ready to eat/serve.. but make sure when u make the small zip lock bag out of the big zip lock bag.. u wash it from the outside.. so that U dont taste any salt!!

I hope this works.. again, if it doesn't.. I'm really Very sorry!

Luv,

Priya

PS: I"m not sure if its Low-Carb though.. :-P

Last edited by Livenlose; 01-20-2006 at 02:59 AM.
Livenlose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:08 AM   #4  

I've done that before too...we just used vanilla flavoring instead of the ice cream flavor and it turned out great. There are TONS of recipes online if you look it up so you can use any of those. I've never tried it with less than 2% and not sure how it works. It probably needs some sort of fat I would think. We did it with a church youth group (ages 4-12) and they all did it great. Tastes just like homemade!

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:45 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livenlose
Oh.. We made this in our Chemistry Class.. it was fun!! Here's how we made it:

1 Big Zip Lock Bag
1 Small Zip Lock Bag (Medium size I guess)
Rock Salt
2% Milk
3-4 cups of Ice
Ice-cream flavor syrup (upto u)
Sugar

Makes about 1-1 1/2 cup of ice-cream (or like one whole glass i would say)

+Take One BIG Zip lock bag filled with about 3 cups of Ice and two tbl spoon Rock Salt.
+Take one Small Zip lock bag and put about two cups of milk, 2 to 3 tbl spoon of Sugar, Vanilla flavored syrup or chocolate or strawberry (that's upto u.. lol)

Then take all the air out of the small zip lock bag with milk, sugar n flavor and zip it (seal it.. ? lol).

Then place the small zip lock back inside the Big zip lock back (which has ice n rock salt). *Make sure that the small and big bags are properly zipped*. Then all u gotta do is.. Shake it.. till the ice-cream becomes li'l hard (about 5-7 mins)!

After that.. its ready to eat/serve.. but make sure when u make the small zip lock bag out of the big zip lock bag.. u wash it from the outside.. so that U dont taste any salt!!

I hope this works.. again, if it doesn't.. I'm really Very sorry!

Luv,

Priya

PS: I"m not sure if its Low-Carb though.. :-P
couldn't I use like sf flavored syrup, 1 % milk and Splenda? I'll have to give it a try!
Craftinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:35 PM   #6  
Movin on down the scale

you can do this with large and small coffee cans also. Put the small one inside the larger one and put the lids on, I recommed taping over the lids just in case, then roll them back and forth for awhile.
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I think what helps solidify the ice cream and make it creamier is the fat in the milk. When I tried it with skimmed milk, it didnt turn out as good as the 2% and 1% varieties. And I forgot to wash the small bag the first time around, so I started over again.

I think, from my experience, a bit of fat in the milk is best, and it never hurts to have a small amount every once in awhile with a yummy treat! ^_^
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Another yummy light frozen treat is strawberry sorbet or ice milk in the blender or food processor. You whiz (technical term) the frozen berries with a little milk (skim or otherwise), lemonade or diet sprite or diet Mountain Dew. You add a little liquid to make a creamy thick desert, more to make a slushie, smoothie, or shake. If you want it sweeter, you can add a little sweetener of your choice or sugar free flavored syrup like DaVinci's.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:22 AM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Seeing this Thread Topic made me think of the first time I did Atkins a few years back & a friend shared a "LC Ziplock Ice Cream" recipe - not sure what I did with it (it was YUM) - but found this online:

http://home.nc.rr.com//louc01/daboar...rbrecipe1.html

Zip Lock Ice Cream:

If you want ice cream NOW, you can have delicious soft-serve ice cream in less than 10 minutes!

Chop up 2 squares from a sugar free dark chocolate bar.
Pour up to 4 ounces heavy cream into a sandwich sized ziplock bag. Add 1 capful of vanilla extract and a pack or two of artificial sweetener. I use 1 or 2 Tbl of Raspberry sugar free syrup instead. Add your chocolate (optional) and zip close.

Fill a large gallon ziplock bag at least 1/2 full of ice and add 5 or 6 Tbl of table salt or coarse salt. Put your smaller ziplock in there, seal, and shake the bag around for 5 minutes. Your hands will get cold , so wear oven mitts if you have them! Remove your ice cream bag and rinse SWIFTLY under COLD water to remove salt. Empty into a small bowl and it's ready. This is very soft serve and is very delicious. Try your own flavors or plain vanilla, but I LOVE raspberry with chocolate!

Last edited by aud; 10-28-2007 at 01:23 AM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote