* Exported from MasterCook *
Luscious Lime Chiffon Pie - 4 Points
Recipe By :JoAnna M. Lund
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Pies
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup Diet Mountain Dew -- or water (or a little less), * see tips
1/4 lime, with skin and seeds -- cut into chunks, * see tips
1 package JELL-O sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
mix -- (4 serving size)
1 package JELL-O sugar-free lime gelatin -- (4 serving size)
2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder -- Carnation
1 1/2 cups Yoplait plain fat-free yogurt -- (you may try less), * see tips
1 cup Cool Whip Lite
1 (6 oz) Keebler Shortbread piecrust
"Even if you enjoyed a hearty meal, here's a perfect dessert to serve that's as frothy and light as it is lusciously fruity! I know it seems odd to toss the skin and seed of a lime into your blender, but they add so much intense citrusy goodness, you'll be delighted at the result."
1. In a blender container, combine Diet Mountain Dew and lime chunks. Cover and process on BLEND for 60 seconds or until lime pieces almost disappear. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine dry pudding mix, dry gelatin, and dry milk powder. Add blended lime mixture and yogurt. Mix well using a wire whisk. Blend in 1/4 cup Cool Whip Lite. Spread pudding mixture into piecrust. Refrigerate for 5 minutes. Drop remaining Cool Whip Lite by tablespoons to form 8 mounds. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cut into 8 servings. Freezes Well.
Diane's Tips *:
1. Posted to the message boards at the Healthy Exchanges Website: Some of us who have made this pie had trouble with it setting up. Do a little, if you have this problem.
2. Some had a bitter taste with the whole lime. Use a peeler, I would prefer a fine grater, and use the rind only, taking care not to use the white pith. Then add the inside flesh to the blender and process. (I didn't have a bitter taste)
3. And if it doesn't set up, put it into dessert cups and enjoy. This will be a great summer pie recipe when those temperatures start climbing, I might even freeze it to enjoy that way.
4. Try Diet 7up instead of the Diet Mountain Dew.
Serving size (1 slice)
According to the cookbook:
Per Serving: 177 Calories, 5g Fat, 6g Pro, 27g Carb, 353mg Sod, 154mg Calc, 1g Fiber
Healthy Exchanges: 1/2 Skim Milk, 1/2 Bread, 1 Slider, 7 Opt. Cal.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1 Fat, 1/ Skim Milk
Weight Watcher Points: 4
"Fast, Cheap and Easy Cookbook, page 192"
"Healthy Exchanges, Inc., 1999 ISBN 0-399-52526-2"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : Scanned & MC formatted (using MC_Buster) by Pamela S. on 2/15/1999. Tips by Diane. Shared by Pamela S. on1/5/2000 to the Weight Watchers Forum.
Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0