Here's the recipe that I tried using the new Lucky Leaf Lite Cherry Pie Filling With Splenda.
It is really quite good (for a dessert that contains no chocolate)
The servings are generous (13 X 9 cut into 12 pieces) I hope you cherry-lovers out there like this.
* Exported from MasterCook *
Cherry Cobbler Cake - 4 Points
Recipe By :Brand Name Fat-Fighters Cookbook by Sandra Woodruff, Adapted
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cakes Lowfat
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 box Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix -- *see note
3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 cup Egg Beaters® 99% egg substitute
1 can Lite Cherry Pie Filling w/Splenda -- * see note
1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, yogurt, and egg substitute. Beat by hand or with an electric mixer just until well mixed.
2. Coat a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, and spread the batter evenly in the pan. Spoon the pie filling back and forth over the batter in an "s" pattern. (The filling will sink into the batter as the cake bakes.)
3. Bake at 350 ° F for 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. (Find a spot that is free of filling.)
JaneStarr's note: I used a glass pan and cake was slightly over-browned after 35 minutes. Next time I will bake at 325°F and check after 30 mins.
4. Cool the cake to room temperature before cutting into squares and serving.
Serving size (1 square) Per MC5 nutritional analysis: Per serving:
212 Calories, 4g Fat(17%CFF), 1g Fiber Weight Watcher Points:4
According to the cookbook: With original ingredients: Per serving:
223 Calories, 2.1g Fat, 1g Fiber Weight Watcher Points: 4
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per serving: 212 Calories (kcal); 4g Total Fat; (16% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 41g Carbohydrate; trace Cholesterol; 301mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
NOTES : * Original recipe called for Betty Crocker Super Moist butter recipe yellow cake mix, Dannon nonfat plain yogurt, & 1 can (1 lb,4 oz) Lucky Leaf Lite Cherry Pie filling.
Submitted by Waynette on 3/4/98 to the W. W. Forum. MC formatted by Pamela S. (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 3/8/98.
Revised to use Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie filling w/ Splenda by JaneStarr on 10/21/99.
Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0