Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I tried this again today. I loved the combination last time even though my frosting was weird. I must have done something wrong with the frosting last time because this time it was so good! Nice and smooth! It looked really great. I made it in a 9x13 pan instead of an 8x8, it made more servings so each serving was fewer calories (and points for me!).

Thanks for the great recipe! It will be a staple in our house.
  • My birthday is in 6 months and as I believe I will still be following SB then, I am so looking forward to making this for my 24th birthday! Thanks for the recipe and all the ideas!
  • Made this the other. It was pretty delicious, definitely need a cup of milk with it.

Question: I didn't have WW pastry flour...just WW flour, so I used that. Also, didn't have buttermilk, I used US Almond Milk instead. I felt like it had a splenda-y aftertaste as well as a odd flour taste too. Not a lot, pretty subtle, but still there. Do you think the subsituted ingredients would account for that? Could I use the same amount of agave nectar in place of the Splenda? Or would I use less?

PS....my son absolutely LOVED it!! He had two pieces that day...and two pieces the day!
  • where is the recipe?
    I can't find the recipe, I made it the other day, went to make it again ...no recipe for the cake. Can any one help...I need my cake. LOL.
  • Chrissy, the recipe is still here. I don't understand why you can't find it????
  • Just wanted to say thank you for the recipe! I baked it last night, and it looks scrumptious! I even froze the left over frosting (never know when you're going to need peanut butter frosting! :P)

I haven't taken a bite of it yet (wrapped it up and froze it too), so I'm not entirely sure what it taste like yet but I'll let you know how it goes when I do!
  • My husband (fellow SB cohort) made this for our 22 year old son's birthday. It was delicious. Gave some leftover cake to our neighbor and he said it was the best cake he'd ever had. Even if it was healthy.
  • Ooh, I think I'll try this one for my birthday in June.
  • I'm making this now! Can't wait to see how it turns out!