3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > South Beach Diet > South Beach Recipes > Desserts - Phase 2

Low fat Strawberry Panna Cotta

Old 12-29-2004, 07:14 PM   #1

Default Low fat Strawberry Panna Cotta

I was organizing my recipes and found this one. I've modified it to suit me, and I can't remember where I pulled the original one from. When strawberries are fresh (or if you have good quality frozen) this is really *yummy*.

Strawberry Panna Cotta

2 3/4 cups lowfat milk
3/4 cup lowfat or non-fat buttermilk
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup Splenda
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries

Pour 1 cup of the milk in a small saucepan. Add the gelatin, stir, and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
Put the saucepan with the milk and gelatin over a low flame. Add the sugar and vanilla and heat until the gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved. Transfer the mixture to a blender (or food processor, but a blender is better), and add the rest of the milk, the buttermilk and the strawberries. (Don’t add the buttermilk directly to the hot mixture as it might curdle. Add the other ingredients first.)
Blend until smooth. Pour into ramekins (makes 6 small) and refrigerate until set, at least three hours. Serve alone or with fresh fruit.
kpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.