No Bake COOKIES ! ! ! !

• I make these cookies for my kids all the time...and of course noticed that most of the ingredients were Phase II friendly !!!
    This recipe can be doubled also to make enough for the family and friends.

1c. splenda
    1/4 c. margarine..approved butter
    2 tbs. cocoa
    1/4c. milk

*Boil; remove from heat and add:

1/2 tsp. vanilla
    1/4c. natural peanut butter
    1/2c. nuts (opt.)
    1-1/2 c. of oats

*Stir and place by spoonfuls on wax paper. Enjoy !! (not too many now !)
  • It works with splenda?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! We've been eating those since we were children. I had no idea you could make them successfully with Splenda.

I'll definitely give them a try, thanks! How long do you boil them? With our old recipe, we boiled them for 3 minutes, though similar recipes said to just boil for 1 minute.
  • Suzanne, I always just bring it to a boil and remove from heat. The Splenda has its normal after taste...you may be able to skip the splenda...and just do the PB and cocoa, butter, and milk...I haven't tried that. I've learned to do with out alot of the tastes of old...and substitute them for the closest thing?? Ha Ha !!!
  • Thanks for the recipe! I tried this last night. I think next time I may need a little more splenda. Maybe boil a little more. They seem soft. When I made them in the past with sugar, they became firm.
  • Well I calculated the ingredients and without the nuts the batch quantities are as follows:

Calories: 1215
    Fat: 79
    Carbs: 100

If you get two dozen cookies out of a batch then each cookie is about 51 cals/3 fat/4 carb... not too bad.
  • Delicious! I thought i'd add pictures of the ones I made to give people an idea of what they look like.

• I made these again as we were craving something sweet. I replace the Splenda with Agave (1/3 maple, 1/2 amber) and cad to add another cup of oats. I immediately put them in the freezer. Also, I didn't have cocoa.

*crosses fingers*
  • What could you use in place of Splenda, Agave maybe - and how much? I just can't do Splenda type sweetners.
  • Thank you Jenne, just what I wanted to kinow.

Quote: I made these again as we were craving something sweet. I replace the Splenda with Agave (1/3 maple, 1/2 amber) and cad to add another cup of oats. I immediately put them in the freezer. Also, I didn't have cocoa.

*crosses fingers*
  • cut the agave by half though Chick. They were WAY too sweet by replacing exactly.
  • Does anyone have any information on using this recipe for a diabetic?
  • Quote: Does anyone have any information on using this recipe for a diabetic?
    I think this recipe looks perfectly acceptable for diabetics. Just make sure you use an all-natural peanut butter with no sugar.
  • Thank you!!!