BH&G Buttermilk Brownies, adapted for SBD

• Hi! I adapted the following recipe from my Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book to SBD standards when I wanted to make brownies the other day. I'll put my changes in italics and purple to make them stand out--let me know if something isn't clear. They turned out really good--more 'cake-y' than 'fudg-y' brownies, but very moist and with great flavor.

Quote:
    Buttermilk Brownies
    From Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book

Ingredients:
    2 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1 1/2 cups WW pastry flour and 1/2 cup of coconut flour, which I got here)
    2 cups sugar (I used 1 1/2 cups Splenda and 1/2 cup of Diabetisweet, which I picked up at a store locally--I try to mix sweeteners because I've read that this cuts down on the 'aftertaste.' You can also try erithrytol, which I've bought here)
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 cup margarine or butter (not knowing how it would turn out, I used 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup canola oil. If I made it again, I'd just use all canola oil and add a little butter flavoring)
    1 cup water
    1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used a little more than 1/3 cup of Hershey's Special Dark unsweetened cocoa for deeper flavor)
    2 eggs (I didn't have eggs, so I used the equivalent amount of pastuerized egg white powder and liquid--turned out great and cut the fat!)
    1/2 cup buttermilk
    1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350*. In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

In a medium saucepan combine the 1 cup margarine or butter, the water, and the 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder. Bring mixture just to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add the chocolate mixture to dry ingredients and beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed till thoroughly combined. Add eggs, the 1/2 cup buttermilk, and the 1 1/2 tsp vanilla. Beat for 1 minute (batter will be thin). [I didn't find the batter to be that thin, but it was thinner than some brownie batter I've seen...]

Pour the batter into a greased and floured 15x10x1-inch baking pan [ I had some heart-shaped pans I wanted to use from V-day, so this made one 9x9 pan, one pan with 6 hearts, and two large heart pans]. Bake in a 350* oven about 25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool, then cut into bars. Makes 36.