1 CAN RINSED & DRAINED BEANS
    (black or small white beans work well)
    3 EGGS or egg substitute
    3 TBS. OIL
    4 TBS COCOA POWDER
    A PINCH OF SALT
    1 TSP. VANILLA
    ½- ¾ C. SWEETNER

MIX INGREDIENTS TOGETHER IN A BLENDER/ FOOD PROCESSOR UNTIL PUREE. POUR INTO A GREASED 8x8 CAKE PAN.
    STIR IN SOME Sugar Free CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND NUTS
    BAKE 350 APPX. 30 MIN
    VERY DENSE CHOCOLATELY BROWNIE…

----------
    http://www.***************************/...r=asc&start=45
    credit to above

I know you're probably thinking....BEANS?!?!? But it's really excellent! Give it a shot when you're feeling brave!
  • I do not like beans...so I guess my question is...does it taste like beans at all????
  • NO. Listen, it may take hours of staring at this recipe and repeating over and over

"It's SERIOUSLY made out of beans?",

but once you try it, you'll be amazed. I brought some in to work (family business) and my dad and brother ate 4 each! Dad kept asking if they were really made from beans and how they could be so moist. Chad kept trying to get the calorie count out of me (he's a health nut).

Really, when you get the guts, try them. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • Oh, can't wait to make these. They sound yummy!
  • What's the best way to get the beans smooth? I tried making refried beans with a can of black beans once in the blender and it was ok but on the chunky side. Should I add a little liquid to make them smoother or something? That's why I haven't tried the bean cake/brownie recipes yet.

Sarah
  • Depends on how old your blender is....I put these in my blender and it was like frosting in consistency. My blender is a cheapy from Wal-mart (like 10 bucks), but it's relatively new.
  • Hmmm, well I splurged and got mine at Kmart last year it was something like $30. Maybe I'm not doing it long enough or high enough. I'll give it a try soon. See what happens. Hey, if it's not smooth enough, I'll just add some spices and make them ff refried beans.

Sarah
  • AdiaFaith - When I first saw this recipe, I thought you were crazy. I just tried these & they are pretty good. I did put a little bit of frozen cool whip free on top of it - very good. Thanks for the recipe!!!
  • Ooh, these sound good. The beans didn't throw me because I love oriental sweet red bean paste deserts. I first had it in ice cream. It was a pink ice cream, with red beans swirled in. The beans had a pinto bean texture, but a berry flavor. Weird, but good. I've got to give these a try.
  • Quote: AdiaFaith - When I first saw this recipe, I thought you were crazy. I just tried these & they are pretty good. I did put a little bit of frozen cool whip free on top of it - very good. Thanks for the recipe!!!
    soon2Bfab - You hit the nail on the head with your first thoughts! I'm glad you tried them and enjoyed them! They are much healthier than the kind made from butter and eggs, and I think they taste better too!
  • very skeptical and WOW very good! even the boy liked them!!

two thumbs up
  • Thank you ladies for posting your opinions. Hopefully it will inspire courage into other skeptics!
  • I'm making them tonight - I'll be sure to report back with my thoughts
  • I hate to say it, but they really weren't that good. Maybe I didn't do something right. I followed ther recipe to the letter, but they were gewpy and tasteless.
  • i loved them (and i'm not even really a big chocolate fan -- in fact I hate chocolate) but these were great and far from tasteless.