Peanut Butter Cookies - Phase I

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • This is a love it or hate it recipe - they were a wonderful treat for me, a definite cookie fix! It's quick and easy, worth the effort to see if it's something you'd enjoy..

1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
    1/2 Cup Splenda (or any other granular sugar substitute)
    1/2 TSP Vanilla Extract
    1 Egg

Pre-heat oven to 350

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix well.

Shape into small cookies - about 1/2 inch balls and flatten slightly.

Bake for 8-10 mins, depending on your oven.. I'd start checking after 5 if you shape them into smaller balls

These are best served warm - leftovers can be frozen, just microwave!

*NOTES*
    -I use Smuckers Natural PB for these
    -If you preferre to not use vanilla, you can do 1 Cup Splenda instead
    -I use the Pure Vanilla Extract, more expensive but worth it
    -You can use the bottom of a glass to dip in splenda and flatten the cookies before baking, like you would with regular PB cookies
    -If you want, you can top each cookie with 3 mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (while still warm is best)
    -Depending on how many cookies you decide to make, the serving size may differ, since this is your nut serving for each day. (I usually limit myself to 2)
  • I made a variation of this recipe tonight that came out really well, so I thought I'd share. I found myself craving a chocolate cookie, but since I have recently restarted Phase 1, that's obviously out of the question. Until now!

Following the recipe above, I added 2 tbsp of unsweetend cocoa powder. They taste awesome! You can still taste more PB than chocolate, but there is enough of a hint there to satisfy me!

I also undercokked these slightly, at 7 minutes. I find that they have more of a traditional cookie consistancy this way.
  • How many cookies does this recipe make? I suppose I'll try it making 16 so that I can have two small cookies for my nut allowance. :-) I'm excited. I have been having nightmares about going to the store and buying cookie dough and eating peanut butter (reg. kind) from the jar! Ahhh! I think I"ll go downstairs and try these now!
  • It made 16 perfectly. I added the cocoa powder and upped the vanilla to about a teaspoon, and used eggbeaters. They were a bit crumbly, probably because they hadn't yet cooled enough to harden (dad and i pounced on them as soon as they came out of the oven!). The inside, however, was nice and moist. We stuck them in the fridge, though- they were perfect chilled! I loved this recipe- but I loved it TOO much. I couldn't limit myself to just two, so I won't be making these again, simply because I can't trust myself to have them in the kitchen!
    But if you have self-control, I reccommend them.
  • I made these last night, the batter was GREAT! They are crumbly and very thick? I mean, you need milk or water handy when you eat them. But they taste good
  • Another thing you can do is (if you like them sweeter) to sprinkle a little Splenda on top after they are done, kinda like powdered sugar, not too much or they will be too sweet. I love these! Can't wait to try them with the Chocolate.
  • I LOVE these as well and made the batch and froze the rest after having 3. I know only two, but I indulged a little okay. They were crumbly, but I didn't care. I'll try the eggbeaters to see if that helps some next time.
  • I tired these tonight, if I hadn't licked the spoon I'd have been in good shape! haha
  • Does anyone have a clue what the calorie content is on this?
  • Hmmm 200 calories if you eat two of them? I think that's about right.
  • Well lets see..... running the following through Fitday...

smuckers creamy PB = 210 cals for 2 tbsp... and there's 16 tbsp in a cup...so that = 1680 cals...
    an egg = 75 cals ... so the total is at least 1755 cals fer the whole batch ... so it depends on how many ya make and how many ya eat... so if you make a dozen ..each cookie is around 150 calories....
  • I made these!!
    Delish! I made these with some cocoa powder and they were SOOOO good.

I added 2 tbsp. of cocoa powder and about 2 tbsp. of water because it seemed a bit dry. They did come out a bit dry (I only baked for 7 minutes). I think I will use less cocoa powder next time.

This stuff was even better uncooked. I had a tbsp. worth before I baked and it was heaven.

Great recipe!
  • These sound great! I will be trying them tomorrow...thanks
  • Beachflower... i saw the post, because it was the last one posted on and i'm gonna be making these.. I'm in P2.. but I'll still have these!!
  • Needless to say, we started the diet Monday, and apparently Jell-O hasn't been doing it for my boyfriend, he was craving something sweet...me, it hasn't bothered me much. So i started looking for recipes and i found this one...thank goodness cuz it fixed his sweet craving LOL. And they're super yummy anyway, thanks for a great recipe.